• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@JOdel - incredible work! I love Harry Potter... but, um... (feeling old or dumb)... who's Tim? Maybe I didn't' go back far enough...

Some great art by everyone after the Harry images... I've not checked in this thread in a while... shame on me! :/

eclark1894

Visionary
That is so useful. I tend to use commercial poses to get me close to where I want to be and go from there but as the figures I use have been scaled the placement of the hands and feet are often slightly out, even on the commercial pose. Using IK to make small adjustments to the hands and feet is going ot be a real time saver for me.
In the Spotlight. Been wanting to do a render using Poser's Volumetric lighting, and since I was already talking about posing using IK to Hornet, thought i'd give a little demonstration of both using Andy.

Spotlight.png

Hornet3d

Wise
Pool Room.jpg

So trying to use the feedback in my last render here is my revised character. I have made subtle changes to the face, none of which will be apparent here but I have also re-sized the head (which a sincerely hope is apparent) in an attempt to correct the erroneous proportions of my original character.

Carey

Extraordinary
Lyne one of my favorite movies is "Dinotopia", maybe that is what I am missing dino accessories...lol

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
@JOdel - incredible work! I love Harry Potter... but, um... (feeling old or dumb)... who's Tim? Maybe I didn't' go back far enough...

Some great art by everyone after the Harry images... I've not checked in this thread in a while... shame on me! :/

The project is an illustrated novel based on a fanfic. Tim is a non-canon character who is featured in the fanfic. You wouldn't find him anywhere in the real Harry Potter books.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I was wondering if it was in any way related to the new book Jodel?

Hornet, it's a nice render but I also liked your previous renders and had no problem with the size of the head.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
The project is an illustrated novel based on a fanfic. Tim is a non-canon character who is featured in the fanfic. You wouldn't find him anywhere in the real Harry Potter books.

ah, got it!! Well nice work! :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh gosh. Her head looks too small for her body now to me!

Do you know I was sure at least one person would say that. The system I have used is apparently the artistic convention, or should I say an artistic convention which suggests that the body is eight heads tall. The figure here is slightly shorter than that at just over 7.5 heads. My problem is that I am used to seeing my figure with a large head so any reduction is going to look small to me. Clearly original head was too large but the revision could in fact be too small so the reason for posting was a sort of test to see what others thought.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Looks about right to me. All I have ever done when wanting a character of a particular height is found a prop with marks on it for 5' 6' ect (there were a couple of free ones out there that worked fine) and then just changed the overall scale dial up or down depending on if I wanted short or tall. Doing that kept every thing in proportion. Just my two cents :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Looks about right to me. All I have ever done when wanting a character of a particular height is found a prop with marks on it for 5' 6' ect (there were a couple of free ones out there that worked fine) and then just changed the overall scale dial up or down depending on if I wanted short or tall. Doing that kept every thing in proportion. Just my two cents :)

I think part of my problem not working with a consistent method. I initially used the 'universal sizing tool' which is great if you want to create a figure with exact measurements but it does not really ensure correct proportions. I have also used the 'shape of Dawn' morphs which does impact the proportions and finally I tried to relate the figure to some photographic reference studies that are produced for the purpose. I had a particular set of reference photos and going back to them now I realise that the model in question does actually have a fairly large head proportion wise. On the other hand I think I exaggerated this characteristic in my figure. I think a further complication is the degree I scaled in that my aim was to create a figure that related to around 5 foot nothing which is clearly not the norm. I guessed I just like the idea of having a heroine that did not conform to the accepted super model norm. The idea of having a slightly more mature figure is all part of this aim.

When people commented on the head size in my recent render it just made me think and I looked back at some of my earlier renders and I felt there was merit in what was being said. Additionally, have worked with the figure for a few years I thought it was time for a revamp anyway. Relating the artistic model to my figure also suggested that the proportions were incorrect although I accept that, as an artistic model, this does not necessarily reflect real life. I have reduced the head size but not stuck religiously to the artistic model and depending on comments here I might still tweak the proportions a little more.

I need to thank all those that have taken the time to comment and, whatever the outcome, it has caused me to look at my character and my renders in a slightly different light which is no bad thing.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Because eclarki told me to, so it's all his fault for giving me the wicked grin. These are two of some of my favorites, from my other art hobby. The larger size originals are on my DA page. Purple Skies just makes me happy, even though it is very simple. And Three Mountains, I did for my Dad, the day after my Mom passed away.
Three Mountains-sm.jpg
Purple Skies-sm.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
Because eclarki told me to, so it's all his fault for giving me the wicked grin. These are two of some of my favorites, from my other art hobby. The larger size originals are on my DA page. Purple Skies just makes me happy, even though it is very simple. And Three Mountains, I did for my Dad, the day after my Mom passed away.View attachment 14251 View attachment 14252
Well, actually, kind of ties into a question I have over at the SM forum about oil painting in Poser. Red Phantom and Ghostman, and a few others, have said it is possible, but it seems to need a separate piece of software to work, if my understanding is right. I really wish SM would find a way to let us render a scene like that in Poser without having to use other software.