• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
GALADRIEL - MAY IT BE. No real reason. I just wanted to post an image of my favourite elven lady! Inspired by May It Be by Enya written for Lord of the Rings.

May It Be.jpg

quietrob

Extraordinary
It is well done! From idea to execution.

Poserworld still deserves to be around. They have some nice stuff!

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Hee Hee! Do you think its a guy thing? My guitars are called Maybelle, Belle and Rene and I'm typing this on my laptop, Lady Rachel! :)
Yeah, it's a guy thing. Every machine in my network has a feminine name:

That list doesn't show TinkerBell; she was being refitted with dual X5690 H/T hex-core Xeon processors, 96GB RAM, and a 12GB Titan Z. Tink is good for another 155 kS/sec in Lux, giving me a network total of just under 2,000 kS/s. Workstation Cameron and laptop Pixie are the only two which are not enterprise surplus refurbs. For render power, used commercial grade servers and workstations are the best bang for your buck.

I modeled the computer in the Atlantis office render after Tink, a Dell T-7500 dual CPU chassis, and used a digital photo of Tink as the texturing image. :D Since the photo was taken, I added green cold cathode lighting to Tink's chassis, as befits a pixie.

Galadriel's interior:

Same with cars; Tabitha is a '72 Chevelle, Ariel is a '37 Chevy business coupe, Hadassah is a '72 El Camino SS. :inlove:

Last edited:

quietrob

Extraordinary
Dude! All of your rigs are totally Sweet! I got one computer named Kyoto and my '05 F-150 is Betsy! I'd love to see the '37 Coupe!

96G of Ram? Man your renders must be like the blink of an eye! What's that girl sound like when she powers up?

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Galadriel is pretty quiet; the fans are large diameter, so they can move a lot of air at relatively low RPM. The server blades (which I use as render slaves), however have multiple small diameter high RPM fans and sound like little jet planes taxiing for takeoff. That's why I put the server rack in the room which is furthest from where I sleep and from where I work.

This is Terpsichore (dual X5650 H/T hex-core Xeons); look for the array of black octagonal housings in that channel just right of center.

Ariel:

Tabby:

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
You know, I know there are girls with that name, but I actually consider Cameron to be a boy's name. I think it gott stuck from Ferris Beuller.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I suppose I could never be true car enthusiast as I would keep the engine and of course that sick car design that is just so cool but I'd add the MP3 Player and the speakers with a hookup for my phone to interface. It's just that style of so long ago when the skirts were longer, suits were sharper, glamour was typical and everyone wore hats. It's one of the reasons I love the Fountainhead so much. Man, from the paint job to the setting that '37 coupe is a dream. Don't get me wrong. I love the cool sleek designs of today as we border on tomorrow but that 37 is just sooo sweeeeet. (For those that don't know American Slang, that so sweet is a huge compliment that has no correlation with sugar)

The Super charged Chevelle reminds me of the cars my dad and I worked on during my early teen years. Before the massive influx of electronics. Gas was cheap, and those cars guzzled it like wine. I hated scraping gasket cork but I sure loved cruising and racing my first car with the power of that 440 Dodge Polara with a four barrel carburetor and a police passing gear. (Yes racing. I was a teenager of course I did stupid things) Maybe we can't go back again but how nice to enjoy a bit of that past.

Now I must find a model that 37 business coupe or something close to it!