• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is just a portrait of Shapppa. Nothing major here. I liked the outfit on him, and I was playing around with geometry shells and some of Smay's decals for him, as he's needed these added for some time now.

I finished up this image while waiting on another render to complete... my brain needed a little bit of a break from the jungle themes.

--------------------

View media item 1611

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Okay first off, amazing info @seachnasaigh. I've bookmarked those posts, and at some point I may try doing stuff with it ;) that's just amazing.

Secondly, a conversation about dynamic hair reminded me of one of the very first things I did in Poser, which actually was way better than I remembered it. Basically I had no content except for what came with Poser and DS and I tried making Koshini into a sea nymph. Actually I'm amazed at how well it turned out, but I think because of the dynamic hair (and me not knowing how to optimize render settings) it took literally a day to render. And that considering the background was just an image.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
More Poser material room tricks - running waterfall:

It uses a series of sequentially numbered JPEGs in the movie node to drive displacement, making water ripples in the stream. For the waterfall part, both displacement and transparency are controlled by JPEGs in the movie node. Seamlessly looped.

It's dark (-ish) because it's twilight in the scene. Some of the test renders were focused on the cottage's lamps (animated lightcasting flames), and I wanted it dark enough to evaluate how effective the lamps were. This waterfall is beside the cottage in the Eldar house enviro playset. You need P9 (with SR 3.1) or later to use JPEGs in the movie node. Eldar house is free, in my ShareCG album.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Ooops. Correction: The stream and the pool ripples use JPEGs in the movie node, but the waterfall and the splash use a single JPEG - a matrix in an image map node, manipulated by math nodes (it works like a flip book).

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Thank you, Pendraia. :geek:

More Superfly adaptations:
Uzilite's *Liquid Sky* armor on Stonemason's *Urban Future* building model. I gave the Liquid Sky outfit a green & amber "techno pixie" color scheme. :p The bodysuit is intended to be Kevlar cloth with titanium chain mail overlay.

The little luminous dials and meters on the Liquid Knight armor are animated, and I have animated pulsing beacons and flickering strobes for the buildings. :cool:

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I conjured a spaghetti pile of nodework which seems to selectively retain the stenciled areas of Level 19. The nodework would frighten the Borg,
but I can release this version. I have server blades running test renders now.

D

Deleted member 325

...I have server blades running test renders now.
Lucky. That's what I need. Somehow I have managed to bring two Xeon twin-hex-cores and two Core 2 Quads to their knees... I don't know exactly how right now... but the renders are just taking too long.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wonder if some lovely person could copy Seachnasaigh's posts into one of the software discussions threads so we can find it easier later? It looks like some really good info :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wonder if some lovely person could copy Seachnasaigh's posts into one of the software discussions threads so we can find it easier later? It looks like some really good info :)

I'll try. Not sure exactly when I'll be able to get it done, but I'll give it a go soon, okay?

[Edit]
Posts have been moved, and in a couple of cases copied, over to the new thread in the Poser software forum. :)

--------------

I guess I was just playing around tonight. I was trying to do a completely different sort of render, and Hannah wouldn't be quiet. And that's basically that! So... here's Hannah Moonriver... again. LOL

(Credits/Item list is posted on the Media page with the image.)

View media item 1690

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
YAY! Didn't take you long to get busy in PP11 Earl. ;)

Aside from the comments in your post at SM's Official Poser forum, one thing I always do in any version of Poser when rendering Dawn, is to go into the Material Room and change her Eyelashes Transmap from None filter to Quality filtering. I like using the Crisp filter in most cases, but I find for character eyelashes, it makes them render as if there's clumped mascara on them, which is how the None filter renders as well. Try it out and see which you like better.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
My first Superfly render poor Luna went black on so you're doing much better than I did Earl!

Miss B

CV-BEE
With SuperFly Pen, you need to run Luna through EZSkin 3 first. That's why she rendered black.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...I'll have to check if I have it. I remember thinking about downloading it and then finding it out it only worked in 11 so I'm not sure if I got it or not.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh that's EZSkin 3 that only works in Poser 11. EZSkin 2 will work in earlier versions. I have it installed in Poser 9.

eclark1894

Visionary
Actually Dawn rendered metallic black as well, Pen.

Here's another shot of Dawn.. This one's a close-up. And the eyes thing is cleared up. This wasn't even close to being finished. Not even a third. I' playing around with the render settings trying to find an optimum setting between speed and quality in Superfly.

Dawn Superfly2.png