• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Here's a quick render I just did of Dawn using EZSkin 3, though I adjusted the reflection of the eyes, and had to adjust the hair as it looked like a metallic helmet. It's Satira's Eton Crop, and I had to disconnect all the alternate specular nodes for the SuperFly node to get it to look as I wanted it to.

This was done with Medium Quality Sub Surface, and I only upped the Pixel Samples from 4 to 8, and it took just about 30 minutes. Another render I did a while ago with High Quality Sub Surface, I had upped the Pixel Samples to 40. That render took 3 hours and 10 minutes. I don't usually like to tie up the computer that long, but I was pleased with the outcome, so it was worth it.

Now I'm still playing with the render settings to find a reasonable amount of time and a decent render. Not sure why her skin came out so rosy looking this time. ;)

Dawn-SF-PP11.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
You're welcome Pen. There should be instructions in the zip telling you where to install everything.

eclark1894

Visionary
I, of course, read the Readme to figure out where to put everything. The most difficult part of that was that I'm a Mac person, so I'm still figuring my way around Windows.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I remember having a look at one of the readme's instructions for installing and thinking omg...How do I do that! But I'll have another look.

eclark1894

Visionary
I remember having a look at one of the readme's instructions for installing and thinking omg...How do I do that! But I'll have another look.
Well, read the one called Installation. The actual Readme isn' t at all helpful.

1. Find the EZSkin.pyc script.
2. Copy EZSkin3.pyc to the Runtime: Python: PoserScripts:ScriptsMenu of the runtime installed in the same folder as the Poser executable.
3. That's basically it. Start up Poser. EZSkin should be listed under the Scripts menu.

EDITED to add: I had to add a couple of spaces to the file path above otherwise emoticons appeared instead.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, read the one called Installation. The actual Readme isn' t at all helpful.

1. Find the EZSkin.pyc script.
2. Copy EZSkin3.pyc to the Runtime: Python: PoserScripts:ScriptsMenu of the runtime installed in the same folder as the Poser executable.
3. That's basically it. Start up Poser. EZSkin should be listed under the Scripts menu.
I actually created a folder for SnarlyGribbly and placed everything in there. That way I have all his scripts in the same folder.

EDITED to add: I had to add a couple of spaces to the file path above otherwise emoticons appeared instead.
Oh, I just assumed it was a typo, but I understand. When I used to write out a line of PHP code in an email or on a forum, I usually had to add a dash "-" right after the opening angled bracket, or the server would try to process it.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I haven't posted in awhile. Here's my latest. This one is part of set I rendered for an exercise in using Photoshop brushes.

I really like this. I always love very photo realistic renders of people when they are in a sci-fi setting. It makes me fee like I'm in the future. Even if this post is now in the past ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's some beach ball ya got there Earl. ;)

The render's nice. Are you using Bagginsbill's EnvSphere or the PP11 Construct for the background? With SuperFly it's supposed to be better to use a dome/sphere and HDRi images for lighting. I haven't tried it as yet.

eclark1894

Visionary
That's the PP11 Construct with the included sand sky material. Right now I'm trying to read up on creating my own custom shaders for Superfly.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh OK. I haven't tried the Construct at all since getting PP11, so I'm going to have to take a look at it.