I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by Stezza, Jan 6, 2016.

1. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

I ran her through EZSkin 3.

Pendraia likes this.
  2. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Here's a quick render I just did of Dawn using EZSkin 3, though I adjusted the reflection of the eyes, and had to adjust the hair as it looked like a metallic helmet. It's Satira's Eton Crop, and I had to disconnect all the alternate specular nodes for the SuperFly node to get it to look as I wanted it to.

This was done with Medium Quality Sub Surface, and I only upped the Pixel Samples from 4 to 8, and it took just about 30 minutes. Another render I did a while ago with High Quality Sub Surface, I had upped the Pixel Samples to 40. That render took 3 hours and 10 minutes. I don't usually like to tie up the computer that long, but I was pleased with the outcome, so it was worth it.

Now I'm still playing with the render settings to find a reasonable amount of time and a decent render. Not sure why her skin came out so rosy looking this time. ;)

Dawn-SF-PP11.jpg

Carey, Hornet3d, LisaB and 1 other person like this.
  3. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

Okay...so I really need to install EziSkin3! Thanks...

4. Miss B

You're welcome Pen. There should be instructions in the zip telling you where to install everything.

5. Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre) Running with the wolves. CV-BEE Contributing Artist

She's gorgeous! I do like the colors a lot.

I need to get that utility installed, too... LOL. :)

6. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

I, of course, read the Readme to figure out where to put everything. The most difficult part of that was that I'm a Mac person, so I'm still figuring my way around Windows.

7. Pendraia

I remember having a look at one of the readme's instructions for installing and thinking omg...How do I do that! But I'll have another look.

8. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Well, read the one called Installation. The actual Readme isn' t at all helpful.

1. Find the EZSkin.pyc script.
    2. Copy EZSkin3.pyc to the Runtime: Python: PoserScripts:ScriptsMenu of the runtime installed in the same folder as the Poser executable.
    3. That's basically it. Start up Poser. EZSkin should be listed under the Scripts menu.

EDITED to add: I had to add a couple of spaces to the file path above otherwise emoticons appeared instead.

Pendraia likes this.
  9. Miss B

I actually created a folder for SnarlyGribbly and placed everything in there. That way I have all his scripts in the same folder.

Oh, I just assumed it was a typo, but I understand. When I used to write out a line of PHP code in an email or on a forum, I usually had to add a dash "-" right after the opening angled bracket, or the server would try to process it.

Pendraia likes this.
  10. Pendraia

Thanks...

11. nDelphi

nDelphi Member

I haven't posted in awhile. Here's my latest. This one is part of set I rendered for an exercise in using Photoshop brushes.

EXO Suit & Brooklyn HD - Stand + Guns - 01 - Closeup - Visible Glass - 02.jpg

Me195, Bonnie2001, mininessie and 9 others like this.
  12. nDelphi

nDelphi Member

This is the final postworked image.

EXO Suit & Brooklyn HD - Stand + Guns - 01 - Closeup - Brushes - 02.jpg

Me195, Bonnie2001, Dan30 and 9 others like this.
  13. Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre) Running with the wolves. CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Those are both great. I love the texture and reflections on them!

nDelphi likes this.
  14. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

:wow:Wooohoooo! Found ten bucks this morning coming out of the supermarket!

quietrob, Pendraia, Miss B and 2 others like this.
  15. Gadget Girl

Gadget Girl Extraordinary Contributing Artist

I really like this. I always love very photo realistic renders of people when they are in a sci-fi setting. It makes me fee like I'm in the future. Even if this post is now in the past ;)

nDelphi likes this.
  16. Miss B

Fantastic nDelphi! I love it. :D

nDelphi likes this.
  17. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Optimum Dawn. 8 Pixel samples, Progressive render because tiling sucks.

OptimumDawn.png

Bonnie2001 and Carey like this.
  18. Miss B

That's some beach ball ya got there Earl. ;)

The render's nice. Are you using Bagginsbill's EnvSphere or the PP11 Construct for the background? With SuperFly it's supposed to be better to use a dome/sphere and HDRi images for lighting. I haven't tried it as yet.

19. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

That's the PP11 Construct with the included sand sky material. Right now I'm trying to read up on creating my own custom shaders for Superfly.

20. Miss B

Oh OK. I haven't tried the Construct at all since getting PP11, so I'm going to have to take a look at it.