• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Speeder Concept.jpg

I was watching a video by Adam Savage on YouTube, and he was talking with a guy about Nilo Rodis-Jamero, the guy who worked on the props and costumes for the original Star Wars Trilogy. Adam showed some images of the re-imagined speeder bikes from Empire, and I got the crazy idea to re-imagine one of my own. The textures are temporary, I just wanted to see how it would render. I'll put a rider on it later. The rider stands up on this one instead of sitting.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
After her search for the cause of the disturbing readings, her host extends the use of his library, and the company of one of his house guests, a well-known scholar and researcher by the name of Laurence d'Augney of the Centre Natonale. Hermione is familiar with his writings.

In person, it does not take her long to discern who he was originally. (She is relieved to learn that he is not dead.)

In addition, their research bears fruit. However, she cannot resist the temptation to let them both know that she has discovered d'Augney's secret.
Library.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It was at Professor Slughorn's Christmas party that Hermione first found herself describing the principle of immunization to a wizarding audience.

They hadn't a clue. It was around this point that Hermione began to think seriously of the study fo medimagic.
Party.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
On the night that Harry went with Dumbledore to a sea cave, he shared out his vial of Felix Felicis among his friends in a hope that it would give them an edge against whatever it was that Malfoy was plotting.

One of the effects of Felix Felicis is that it prompts one to actions which can affect final outcome.

Hermione did not regard Professor Snape as a friend -- although she had a great respect for his skills. It was another 18 years, before she began to understand why the Felix had prompted her to send him off to the Astronomy tower with a kiss for luck.
Farwell.jpg

And this concludes the illustrations for 'The Thickened Light'.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well done as usual JOdel. I always liked seeing what you came up with in all the Harry Potter series you've done.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
back.jpg
front.jpg

I am really getting the hang of using masks for my textures and bump maps. This is just a test, I am not creating yet another spider suit. But it was quick for me to test what I wanted to look at. This is the catsuit I made for LaFemme, and it's going to look way different when I am done with it. I was mostly looking to see if there was any weirdness going on with the UV map, and second to see how it accepts the masking. I am happy with it.

Hornet3d

Wise
It had been a good night for Caoimhe and she felt happier than she had been for...well a long time, not since......she forced her mind away from that path, tonight she wanted to think of only where she was now, not where she had been. As she walked back home she tried desperately to contain her feelings but remembered this was how dancing used to make her feel and how much she used to dance, suddenly found she was dancing once more.

Utopia Deck C HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
She had arrived back first but was happy to wait in the courtyard. She loved this part of time travel, getting yourself established was just a question of relaxing and being normal, whatever normal was for that time zone. This time was even better as they she was creating the persona of one half of a couple. She smiled as she saw Turlough in the distance, there were downsides like having to do without the technology of her time but appearing to set up house with Turlough did have it's own rewards.

Townhouse HW.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
That's a new PC+ item. A London courtyard. I'm pretty sure it's one of Merlin Studios's models, but DAZ Original. Only came out a week or two ago.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, thanks JOdel. I like Merlin Studios' products, but if that just came out recently, for sure not for Poser.

Edited to Add: Surprise, surprise! It IS for Poser too.