• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Harry makes a very bad patient. But eventually he is home, and being told to stay in bed. He doesn't. He catches a certain degree of flack from Molly Weasley when herds himself down the stairs to the kitchen. He gets summarily removed to the sofa in the drawing room. Tim, who is also recovering keeps him company.

Presently, Ginny, Dudley and Phillip, Hermione and Ron return with the good news, and the better news. Tim's wizarding grandparents had sued for custody, and have been encouraged to withdraw their claim. In six months the Potters will be able to adopt him formally.
Book-2-Illo-13.jpg

Book-2-Illo-13b.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Which basically brings us to the conclusion of Book 2. There are, however, a couple more Snape dreams. None of which Harry ever really remembers once he wakes.

In the last of these, Harry once again finds himself at Hogwarts, and once again meets Snape. But this time, rather than the fearsome Potions master, or even the somewhat younger version of the Potions master, who has sometimes spoken with Harry in these dreams, Harry meets with the young boy who was his mother's best friend. It should be noted that it is perfectly obvious to the reader (although not to Harry) why Harry is having these meetings, and why Snape is present in them.

And so endeth Book 2.
And so openeth Book 3.

Book 3 is entitled 'Severus's Dreams' and it is a Christmas story.
Book-2Endpiece.jpg

Book-3-.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Thank you! We're a bit over half-way through the book. At this rate I'll have posted them all in another week.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, I just dropped this semester's class so I will be here in the morning most mornings. Here is today's installment.

It's Christmas Eve, 1997, the year the DEs have taken over the Ministry. Most of Voldemort's followers are in attendance. Headmaster Snape made an appearance and left early, returning to Hogwarts.

He is, as always, shunned by the rest of the staff. But later in the evening Poppy Pomfrey comes to his office with a gift. It is a small vial of a highly restricted potion known as 'Heart's Ease'. The taker will sleep for some 14 hours, and the dreams he has will give him exactly what he needs. After testing it for all imaginable traps and poisons, Snape takes the potion.

He is immediately aware of an explosion, and of being thrown across the room, hitting his head, and falling into unconsciousness.
He awakes in the Hospital wing, in the body of a child. A first year student named Tim Dawson-Potter.

He is understandably confused. It is the last day of Autumn term when he wakes up. A girl who claims to be his sister tells him their father is coming to take them home by Floo. The Floo is in the Headmistress's office. There is a discussion with the portrait of Headmaster Snape, who demands to know why Tim is using his wand.
Book-3-Frontspiece.jpg

Book-3-Illo-1.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, I just dropped this semester's class so I will be here in the morning most mornings. Here is today's installment.
You dropped the class? So soon? Must be one heck of a class.

I like these 2 new renders, especially the second one. I like the way you hang pictures on the walls. :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Actually, we're less than a month to the end of the semester. The instructor tossed a monkey wrench into my final project plans, and I knew that the time left wasn't going to be enough to produce anything I was going to be satisfied with. So I dropped. It's not like I actually need the class for anything.

Moving along; Harry takes his children home and they put Tim to bed and call Healer Ernie.

Later in the day, a blood vessel bursts and Snape awakes in pain. Tim also wakes and is aware of him. Ginny calls Ernie again who comes at once and repairs the damage.

Tim sleeps afterward, and Snape, rather than sleep himself, builds for himself a mental construction of his old quarters in the Hogwarts dungeons to retire to and think over this peculiar situation in which he finds himself. After a while Tim joins him there (very much to his surprise). They are soon both aroused by a shouting row between Harry and James.
Book-3-Illo-2.jpg

Book-3-Illo-3.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Tim's "thinking place" is the stair exactly in the middle of the house. Once he is sufficiently recovered to get up, he spends a good deal of time there, wondering whether he should tell his adoptive parents that the Dark Man -- who disappeared about the time the Potters adopted him -- is back.

Harry and Tim have a tradition of visiting Tim's mother's and grandmother's graves during the Christmas break, and with warming spells Harry deems that Tim is well enough to go again this year. This year, in addition, for the first time, Harry takes Tim to the churchyard at Godric's Hollow, to visit his own parents' grave, and then a walk to the house -- which is still serving as a war memorial.
Book-3-Illo-4.jpg

Book-3-Illo-5.jpg

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Really cool renders all! Love your flirty gals JV!
Here is a rare non-HiveWire image from me:) Had to grab the new Wolf 2 for Poser by AM. A quick play with it here in P11 using Firefly.

Laurie

View attachment 3241
Wow! That is really stunning. I have this wolf wishlisted but am a bit on the fence about it as I was never happy with the first wolf he did. This one looks much better but I am wondering if it poses better as that was one of the issues I had with the other

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
AM manages some handsome promos for his furry things, and I think his modeling is improving. But some of his older work is a bit clumsy in both the modeling and the rigging. I've snapped up most of his animals as they've come out, but haven't as yet done the forest scene that I had in mind for them. So can't answer how well they pose.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
There is one more stop on the Holiday pilgrimage, and that is the war memorial at Hogwarts. Severus, in the back of Tim's consciousness, sees the 2nd marble tomb, and learns that it is his own. Harry tells Tim a bit about the war. And Snape's part in it.

That evening the Potters have a dinner party. This is a bit of a tradition. James and Harry are still on the outs so there is one fewer at dinner. The guests are Minerva and Neville Longbottom, Millie Bulstrode, who is Tim's Head of House, and Alice Longbottom, who was also treated with the potion from Snape's notes, which, while it didn't result in a complete cure, enables her to live a nearly normal life. She now lives at Hogwarts and assists Poppy in the Hospital wing.
Book-3-Illo-6.jpg

Book-3-Illo-7.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm really, really enjoying these, and the story. Thanks for posting these JOdel. :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Thank you!
I'm posting tomorrow's now because i've got an early appointment and need to leave the house without booting up the computer and checking email, or, indeed, anything.

After the guests leave and before bedtime, Tim tells his parents about the Dark Man's return. They are understandably concerned. A call is made to Phoebe, the mind healer who consults with the Auror's Office, and who has counseled Tim before.

During her session with Tim, Tim agrees to be spelled asleep so that the Dark Man can speak with Phoebe (he flatly refuses to speak to her with Tim awake). During this exchange he identifies himself and tells her of the Heart's Ease potion that Poppy had given him. This was unanticipated by Phoebe, to say the least. When she leaves, she tells Ginny that she needs to do some research, and will return the following day.

That night, Tim once again has a nightmare featuring his original father. During it both he and Severus attempt to stop his attack on the baby (who, of course is Tim). Neither of them have any effect upon the action taking place. Fortunately, inside of the dream, Snape was able to keep the baby from dying. If the baby had not been a wizard, it would have.

Once the crisis is past, Tim remarks that he cannot remember when it was that the Dark Man first showed up to help him. Perhaps that was it.
Book-3-Illo-7b.jpg

Book-3-Illo-8.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
With a bit of manipulation from Kreachur (who is distressed by family quarrels -- with good reason, he remembers the Blacks), Harry and James both end up in the kitchen at Grimmauld Place, and manage to patch things up between them. The worry over Tim is higher priority for both of them.

The following day, Phoebe returns, having spoken with Poppy. She and Ginny, and Tim, who agrees to sleep again, invoke Severus (who casts a glamour representing himself) and assure him that the potion did not kill him. He is not, as he believed, a lost soul. His soul is back in his body in 1997 where it belongs. There is only one soul in Tim's body, and that is the one that has always been there. That he, in fact, was alive on Christmas day and for some months afterward.

In the middle of the discussion, Harry returns home and joins them. This particular chapter is entitled; A Conversation, Long Overdue, which pretty much says it all.
Book-3-Illo-9.jpg

Book-3-Illo-10.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It must have been during the conversation with Harry that the Heart's Ease potion recorded that Severus now had the information that he needed. But rather than finding himself back in the Headmaster's office, he finds himself in a fog by the Hogwarts war memorial, even farther into the future. For standing there is Tim. Not merely grown up, but approaching middle age (insofar as one can tell with wizards, and even moreso with this between-place where time is not linear). Tim's adoptive father is dying.

The two of them briefly return to Grimmauld Place, Severus invisible to all but Harry in his last moments. And then Grimmauld Place fades out and Severus and Harry are left in the between-place for a final conversation. Harry never clearly remembered the Snape dreams which he had when Tim first came to live with them, but they are clearer now. And he also now understands that their relief in learning that there was only one soul in Tim's body (Harry and Ginny having both had very bad experience of possession) during that strange episode when Tim had a head injury and the Dark Man came back briefly did not mean that that single soul might not have once inhabited a different body.

The door to the Headmaster's office materializes before them on the path, and Harry bids a farewell to the son that he is sending back to war.

Severus wakes in his office. It is Christmas day. The final chapter of the story gives us a view of Christmas past (1997), present (the time of the rest of this part of the story), and future (a brief glimpse of Tim in the week or so after his father's death).

When she brought him the gift of the Heart's Ease potion, Poppy had indicated that she would be remaining in the Hospital wing on Christmas day. And that no one would question his deciding to inventory her stores. To the rest of the staff, she had bowed out from the Christmas gathering in Hogsmeade, saying that she was having dinner with a friend who was having a terrible time with the war.

Merry Christmas.
Book-3-Illo-11.jpg

Book-3-Illo-12.jpg