• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh they could use him up in Canada where they've been having an out-of-control fire lately.

Nicely done Stezza. :)

nDelphi

Admirable
Wilderlander HD - Tree Of Life - 02 - Sig.jpg

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I don't often post here but I just wanted to share this one :)
DevilWoman.jpg (thumbnail please click fpr full view)
She just a Devil Woman
I've had nothing but bad luck
Since the day I saw the cat at my door
So I came here to you, sweet lady
Answering your mystical call
Crystal ball on the table
Showing the future, the past
Same cat with them evil eyes
And I knew it was a spell she'd cast

She's just a devil woman
With evil on her mind
Beware the devil woman
She's gonna get you
She's just a devil woman
With evil on her mind
Beware the devil woman
She's gonna get you from behind
~Cliff Richard~

This song was on the radio today so I just had to come home and render the image that popped into my head :)

Poser2012
Photoshop
V4
S&M Deeva
SapphireFox Hair
MillCat
BRC-Cloisrers
DMR LynsDarkRights

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I can see why Seliah, not only is it a really good Pose, but the it's got great depth of field, and I love the texture on the grass and the tree.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I can see why Seliah, not only is it a really good Pose, but the it's got great depth of field, and I love the texture on the grass and the tree.

That pose is actually one of the poses that I included with Blake's freebie download... he came with his morphs (a couple of differences visible to MY eyes between them and what *I* use, of course lol) - and he also came with 5 poses for Genesis. When I sat down to clean up the PDF file for the pose preset tutorial, I figured I might as well use one of the poses I had distributed previously for the promo, and Blake decided he'd pop up for the photo shoot. LOL :)

The depth of field was hand drawn by me in postwork. I normally would have rendered the DOF inside of DS, but for a promo art, I just didn't have the patience to let a DOF render run for five or six hours. And I can't let myself run a DOF render at anything less than 25-30 samples, because then the DOF just pixelates... and I end up drawing over it in postwork anyway. So I figured I might as well just do the DOF by hand on this one.

The grass was AOA's grass shader applied to the ground plane on Flipmode's set. He did include a ground texture, but I.. have this thing about 2D mapped grass on ground planes... when in closeup it bugs me to not have actual grass showing, and I always end up either using his shader or filling it out with Esha's mesh grass props.

The texture on the tree believe it or not, was Flipmode's default materials. I actually didn't change anything about the tree's texture. He did a great job with that!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Wonderful job Seliah...is that Esha's grass? I looked at that when it was on sale but was unsure how it would work in DS.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Wonderful job Seliah...is that Esha's grass? I looked at that when it was on sale but was unsure how it would work in DS.

Actually, in this particular render I just applied AOA's grass shader to the ground plane (everywhere you see grass). I adjusted the properties on the shader for variation in things like blade thickness, clumping, height, etc, so it didn't look like a flat mowed home lawn.

Normally when there's grass in my renders, it *IS* Esha's mesh grass props, though. I use the one she sells over on Daz; it has a LOT of props and a lot of really nice grass materials - everything from dead to dull browns and different shades of greens - and it's very light on the system resources, as well.

I do have the grass she sold on RDNA, but it doesn't look as good to my eyes as her Daz product, and it doesn't work as well in Studio.

But no - this one render, I got lazy and just used AOA's grass shader on the ground. LOL

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
These are just a couple of quick renders that were done for promo art for a friend... gosh, I actually used G3F. Well, okay, I HAD to - his package is the skin, after all. LOL

Anyway - because they were intended as promo art - no postwork except for the frame and my signature...

I liked them enough to keep them for myself, too. :)

View media item 1513
View media item 1512

Miss B

CV-BEE
Nice renders Seliah. ;) I assume that's a DS product since it's for G3F.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nice renders Seliah. ;) Am I correct in assuming that's a DS product?

Absolutely, yes. DS... it kind of turned into a joint product, as I ended up re-doing all of his 3delight materials (he's good with Iray, but struggles with 3delight) and ended up with a bunch of poses for him... so we're going into this one jointly as a result.

But yes, it's a DS-only product, as it's for Genesis 3 Female.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm still learning SuperFly, so haven't done many renders with it, but I usually resize it down to a smaller size. I also don't color it, so it takes on a light shade of whatever your render's background is. In Seach's case, his render was a street scene, so he colored it, or it would've been lost.

That said, the logo is a large transparent PNG (300x300), so it can be resized to 1/2 or even 1/3 the size. I like having it because just having my regular Rendered In PoserPro 11 logo, doesn't indicate if it's a FireFly render, or a SuperFly render. I like being specific where my renders are concerned.

Zaarin

Brilliant
I obviously can't comment on how it works in DS, but I can highly recommend all of Esha's plants. (Well, I don't actually own all of them, but based on the quality of the one's I do own...) Best part is that her plants are solid geometry, no transmaps, which saves a lot of time when rendering--and looks better with more modern materials. I used a ton of Esha's grass in Ash Life. Rendered in PP2014, the other plants are all Lisa's.