• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Great illos JOdel. Then again, I've always been impressed with your work. :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Someone, I forget who, over in the DAZ forums reworked a group of the V4 morphs and posted them on ShareCg, but since I can't recall who it was, it doesn't get us much farther.

Thanks regarding the illos. If you mean the scene in Diagon Alley, that one was a hair puller. Had to do it in layers to get the reflections in the inside of the window, as well as the scene outside the window, as well as the scene reflected in the surface of the little still. And of course the same lighting couldn't be used for all of them. Ah well, postwork is our friend...

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Moving along, Tim is still withdrawn and it is a couple of weeks before he opens up to the point of telling the Potters that his mother and he were in the habit of visiting his Gran's grave site on weekends. Harry offers to go with him if he remembers the way.

At the churchyard, they encounter Mr Clarke, a neighbor and friend of Tim's Gran. The company him home where Harry hopes to be able to fill in some of the blanks regarding Tim's history.

While there, Tim is startled by a snake and needs to be brought down off the roof.
Book-2-Illo-3.jpg

Book-2-Illo-4.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Thank you! I enjoyed building them. Although I seem to have broken my own former record for getting details wrong and having to do things over.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I really love the the one on the roof. It's great how busy the garden is, and yet you've framed it so your eye is drawn to the kid. Very well done.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Thank you! The garden was rather fun. The fishpond was mentioned in the text, so it wasn't optional, but yet it was just a rather shabby London garden, so I couldn't get too elaborate (or too spacious) with it. I remembered those old reflecting balls that used to show up in gardens, so I put one in there to sort of dress it up.

The flowers, benches and houses are all things from RDNA, and I'm not sure whether they've made the migration to DAZ yet, but I expect them to. The fishpond, paving and trees are from an older Predatron set called Quiet Reflection Vignette.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Tomorrow's another class day, so I'm going to be posting early again.

Well after an incident of testing and observation at the school where Tim was to attend, we now know what is wrong with Tim. His father is a wizard. One who has no compunction about throwing Crucios around when displeased. Nor does he shrink from throwing them at his Muggle girlfriend or a small child. The girlfriend, Tim's mother took to Muggle drugs. Tim had no such recourse.

A discovery which sets off another round of memories from the war. Particularly the memories of an unknown potion which Headmaster Snape was wont to force on students who the Carrows had targeted for discipline. It is possible that Snape can be criticized for using Hogwarts students as laboratory animals, but none of those students ended up in the permanent ward at St Mungo's.

And Harry's dreams of discussions outside of time with Professor Snape continue.
Book-2-Illo-5.jpg

Book-2-Illo-6.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Oh, there are plenty more. I suspect everyone is having a wonderful time seeing how many of my sets and props they can recognize.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I think I'm going to change to posting these in the evening. I'm usually here in the evening.

Next up: Tim's mother signed over her rights to him, (enabling the Potters' future adoption) before being released from hospital and into a methadone program. The next day she is found dead,with no apparent cause of death, in a squat. The only witness saw her in an argument with a man, and a flash of green light. The Potters take responsibility of seeing to her funeral.

Meanwhile, Harry has retrieved Snape's papers which he left to Hogwarts, as well as his wand (Minerva suspects that his encryptions are tied to it). His hope is to find the formula and notes related to the potion which Snape had given the students during his year as Headmaster.

The project hits a major snag when the wand not only refuses to work for him, it injurs him badly enough that Ginny calls in Luna (Of Olivander and Lovegood) to come and treat the damage. Tim, who could not sleep, enters the study. Snape's wand chooses him.
Book-2-Illo-7.jpg

Book-2-Illo-8.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It takes a while, but the formula and development notes for the potion are found in Snape's papers. Healer Ernie McMillan goes over them and it is decided to allow it to be used on Tim to repair the nerve damage. Harry and Ginny accompany Tim to St Mungo's for treatment once the potion is ready.

The treatment goes well, but Tim does not arrive in the ward after the procedure is finished. Harry is too late to prevent the abductor from carrying the unconscious Tim out of the building and apparating.

The hospital goes under lockdown and Harry and Ginny are sent home to await events.

It is some hours later that Kreachur excitedly appears saying that "Little master Tim has called Kreachur!'
Book-2-Illo-9.jpg

Book-2-Illo-10.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have to say JOdel, you really know how to set up a scene. That last render is great. ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Tim awakens in a place he didn't expect and his first uncertainty is whether the Potters have tired of him. His father claims that they called and told him to take Tim.

At this point one needs to introduce the Dark Man. Tim does not remember when the Dark Man first turned up, but he has been present, in Tim's head, during most of the really bad times in Tim's short life. The Dark Man assures Tim that his father is lying. And that he needs help. Wizard help. Tim calls Kreachur.

Meanwhile Harry sends word to the Aurors that Kreachur has been called and goes with Kreachur to keep an eye on things until the Aurors arrive.
He follows a pizza delivery into the flat and intends to stun Tim's father and rescue Tim, but cannot get a clear shot that won't endanger Tim. When Tim's magic has a breakthrough, and his father hits him, Harry waits no longer and attempts to intervene. The abductor curses Harry (and Harry is fortunate that his opponent has bought into the myth that Harry is immune to AK or he would be dead), Tim manages to get away, and Harry kills the attacker before passing out.

The Aurors turn up, Ginny in their wake, and we all adjourn to St Mungo's. There will be an inquiry, Harry is not conscious for it. The Dark Man briefs Tim on what to tell the Aurors.

When he finally regains consciousness Harry is given a talking to by his boss, the head of the DMLE.
Book-2-Illo-11.jpg

Book-2-Illo-12.jpg