• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I guess I'm allowed to create a Folder/Gallery of Pics somewhere?
Hey Seebee, that's a great render. You can hover over the little down arrow on the Media link at the top of the each forum page, and select Your Albums. On that page will be a link near the top right (under the Search box) to Add Media. There you'll be able to add an album, or add media to an existing album.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Moving along in my attempt to spam the thread...
Book 1 is effectively a prologue to the whole story arc. There are only two illos so this will take us to the end of Book 1.

It's 21 years since the final battle, and the kids who went through the war have moved on. Harry Potter has a good marriage, and three kids that he loves dearly, is successful in his career and all in all has nothing really to complain about. He tries not to think about the war.

And then, Headmistress McGonagall turns up asking him if he will accompany her on a delivery of a Hogwarts letter. The letter is to one Eleanor Barton-Dursley at #4 Privit Drive, Surry.

Harry doesn't find what he expects. And having opened the box, a lot of the past starts coming back to haunt him.
Dudley is a social worker, working with abused children. During their discussion he is called out on an emergency placement and Harry accompanies him. Which introduces us to one Tim Dawson, wizard, in need of foster care.
Book-1-Illo-1.jpg

Book-1-Illo-2.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Lovely renders everyone...
I miss being able to use the WERTS morphs. I downloaded most of them, but while I was able to bring a couple of them over when I was using DS3, I don't think I've managed it at all in DS4. It claims to work, but the dial didn't dial in the morph.
Jodel, I've posted a how to here Converting Poser morphs to DS on converting Poser cr2 morphs to DS...I'm not sure which character you're using but the process should work. Not sure if you're using a millenium figure how you would save the morph you might have to save as a cr2...

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The problem seems to be that the WERTS morphs are .obj files. Somewhere I have the instructions for importing them into the target figure (M4 or V4) and it worked in DS3, but I've never got it to work in DS4. There is a dial, but dialing it in doesn't do anything. The morph never applies.

If I could get them into the target in the first place I could probably save them as .cr2 and port them over to Genesis through GenX. But I can't get them into the figure to start with.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Aah...should be possible to do it with morph loader pro. From what you're saying it's loading but not applying...hmm that's strange. Where can I download his files?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, it's *claiming* that it's loaded it. But I get no evidence that it's actually done so apart from the appearance of a non-functional dial.

Mind you, I haven't tried to do this often. I loaded a couple of them back in 2011 in DS3A for one project, and then tried to do it again in... maybe 4.6? 4.7? about a year, year and a half ago, and got the non-functional dial.

Now, I have got an old copy of DS3.1.2.32 But it's in an old Bitrock installer, and I can't remember whether those will run in Snow Leopard. (Mac OS X.6) I *think* they will, but I detest DS3 with a purple passion, and even though I *think* that's what I was running in 2011, I'm really reluctant to go through the hassle of loading it on my laptop, and installing M4 & V4 and settling in for a long session of trying to load the WERTS morphs, and if they come in, of saving them all out as .cr2 in hopes of being able to put them on a flash drive and bring them in to port to Genesis and just have to hope that it works.

That said, I really don't think I'm likely to get them back any other way. I'm not sure that they'd come in in DS4, even 4.0, and I don't know whether 4.0 would run in Yosemite (MacOSX.10) I'm just about certain that DS3 won't. Hexagon doesn't.

So, maybe after this semester is over I'll make the attempt. Will report back at some point, if I do. Probably in the DS thread over in the software discussions.

The WERTS morphs are no longer online. I gather he got a cease and desist letter, and they all got pulled.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...well I don't have his morphs so can't try. I didn't realise you are on a Mac. Sad to hear he got a cease and desist letter.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
So are a lot of people. He had a GREAT collection of morphs and they were all really good. A few were close but not perfect, but others were right on the money.

There were dozens of them by the time he had to pull them down. Makes me wonder just who it was that had to rain on the parade. Since they were nearly all actor morphs, it could have been anyone.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
True...I may have some from years back. I have a lot of freebies either on discs or sitting on the hard drive uninstalled. I didn't reinstall a lot of them the last time I did my runtime. Who knows what's there...

I suppose that I can understand that to actors their image is important and who knows what some people do with the morphs.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Oh, yes, but still...
Particularly since a lot of them weren't so much actor portraits as the character portraits, makeup, exaggerations and all.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
And in the other corner; today's post is the opening of Book 2. Which is called; 'Snape's Memories'.
The Potters take in Tim Dawson as a foster child. If the reappearance of Dudley Dursley brought up a lot of suppressed memories from Harry's own childhood, the advent of Tim into their family opens up the floodgates of memories of the war.

There is something wrong with Tim. The healers have not managed to identify it.
Book-2-.jpg

Book-2-Frontspiece.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Tomorrows post is going up tonight. School day tomorrow, so I'll need to be out the door early.

And on into Book 2:
Illo 1: "Mr Potter, if I wanted a bezoar, where would I find one?"
Illo 2: Later that night Harry has one of the Snape dream/visitations. For some reason, one that he does not figure out until the end of his life, for Harry, the advent of Tim Dawson into his family brings up not only memories of the war, but a multitude of unreconciled thoughts and feelings concerning Professor Snape.
Book-2-Illo-1.jpg

Book-2-Illo-2.jpg

D

Deleted member 325

JOdel, to my knowledge, at least with the ones I have, all of WERTS morphs were for M4. From reading your posts, it sounds like you are trying to load them on a Genesis figure and nothing is happening - if this is the case, it is because the morphs were not for Genesis (different Point Ordering in the OBJ files).

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
No, I was trying to load them onto M4 in DS 4. I can't recall which version of DS4, but it was probably at least 4.6, maybe 4.7. Once I had them on M4, I'd have ported them to Genesis via GenX. But nothing came through apart from a dial that didn't do anything.

Zaarin

Brilliant
@JOdel I know practically nothing about Harry Potter, but I'm super impressed with how alive and vibrant that first scene is. :D

JOdel, to my knowledge, at least with the ones I have, all of WERTS morphs were for M4. From reading your posts, it sounds like you are trying to load them on a Genesis figure and nothing is happening - if this is the case, it is because the morphs were not for Genesis (different Point Ordering in the OBJ files).
He also had quite a few for V4 and at least two for K4.