• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
StarfireAikoCostumeWIP.png
This one is about half done.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
well depending on the comic/cartoon you are reading/watching her hair ranges from orange/red to pink, but her skin has an orange cast (think Donald Trump LOL).

Edited to add: Wolfman conceived the character as an exotic alien princess who was both sexy in appearance and a fierce warrior, essentially a "Red Sonja in outer space." Based on this description, Perez visually designed Starfire to have golden skin, long flowing red hair, completely green eyes, a voluptuous figure, and revealing bikini-like armor.

Characteristics/Status

Starfire (Kory)
  • Height: 6' 4"
  • Weight: 210 lbs
  • Eyes: Green
  • Hair: Auburn
  • Unusual Features: As is typical of the Tamaranean race, Starfire has orange skin and completely green eyes with no whites or visible pupils. Her hair is also unusually long and thick compared to that of humans.
  • Race: Tamaranean
  • Identity: Public identity
  • Citizenship: Tamaranean
  • Place of Birth: Tamaran
  • Marital Status: Widowed
  • Occupations: Adventurer, warrior, fashion model; former Teen Titan, former member of the Justice League, former Princess of Tamaran
  • Known Relatives: King Myand'r (father, deceased), Queen Luand'r (mother, deceased), Queen Komand'r (sister a.k.a. Blackfire), Ryand'r (brother a.k.a. Darkfire), Prince Karras (first husband, deceased), General Ph'yzzon (second husband, deceased)

seachnasaigh

Energetic
You mean the hair? I am working on the color. This is the image I am using to create the costume...
View attachment 36602
It looks like the hair transitions to flame; depending on how the UV mapping is laid out, that may be easy to achieve, using a gradient mask with two textures (hair near her head, flame further away).

If you make over-inflated mittens for her hands, you could texture them with a green aura.
yes_nod.gif

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yoda! You seek Yoda. Here he is SW Yuda . Heads up though he dosen't come with superfly shaders, but I'd be glad to help out with those. The FireFly shader is still very good if you decide not to use superfly shaders.
AHA! I was wondering if it was at that site, as I now remember them having 3D versions of some of the Storm Troopers. I don't shop at that site, but they do have a lot of 3D versions of famous actors and actresses. What I really like is their weaponry, as there are a lot of nice assault rifles and such.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
@Rae134 Ah, okay. I will see if I can pull that off. If not, then I will claim creative license!!! LOL!
I know how to do it easy in DS but I don't know about Poser. It doesn't need much, she's not human so it shouldn't look too human.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
It looks like the hair transitions to flame; depending on how the UV mapping is laid out, that may be easy to achieve, using a gradient mask with two textures (hair near her head, flame further away).

If you make over-inflated mittens for her hands, you could texture them with a green aura.View attachment 36603
I don't think I want to mess with it that much, cousin. But you never know how I am going to feel when I get the whole costume made and see a final render... ;)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I know how to do it easy in DS but I don't know about Poser. It doesn't need much, she's not human so it shouldn't look too human.
I am thinking just add an orange tint to her diffuse channel should do it. Her original skin texture has that blue tint to overcome something in Poser from back in the day. I just redid her with EZSkin 3... I will see what adding the orange tint does.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Starfire skin test.png
Here is the test with the orange tint. I just added it to the settings in EZSkin 3 and bang... On the ground ducking her kick is the default Aiko 4 for comparison's sake.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes, that skins perfect! I like your outfit too. Do you have longer hair for her Rokket? She's supposed to have longer than normal Hair. Love to see her with Raven.

Here's the suit I got from ShareGC for V4 but shown here on G8F
Starfire.jpg

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Unfortunately I don't have longer hair. I could probably model hair, but I've never done it and don't have a clue how to texture it either.

Me195

Extraordinary
I have used the shaders from Vince Bagna and they were a good starting point for me. The documentation helps without being too complex and encourages experimentation. As they cover so many different shaders there is a lot to play with. I have also learnt a lot from @seachnasaigh who has kindly created and made available some of his superfly shaders. I am really enjoying what the renders I can get with superfly but I also know I have barely scratched the surface, then again it took years of playing before I was even comfortable using the advanced tab in the materials room and most of it still seems magic to me now.

That's another good person to learn from. You know without the generosity of the likes of seachnasaigh, bagginsbill, Ghostship, phdubrov, biscuits, amethystpendant, snarlygribly and so many others I certainly would not enjoy my 3d hobby nearly as much. I really should say thank you more often especially since I can't fit them all into a list. I occasionally get glimpses into the magic that is Firefly, SuperFly, and more recently IRAY, and one thing is for sure. They will keep me busy for the rest of my life.

AHA! I was wondering if it was at that site, as I now remember them having 3D versions of some of the Storm Troopers. I don't shop at that site, but they do have a lot of 3D versions of famous actors and actresses. What I really like is their weaponry, as there are a lot of nice assault rifles and such.

They are really big on having people and things from TV, Movies, Comics, and Video Games. They have quite a selection of characters from Star Wars now. I've only had positive dealings with the site staff so I shop there from time to time. I'm not fond of the fee for purchases under 30$ though, even as small as it is now. You are right they have quite the arsenal of highly detailed weapons both real and fantasy. I'm not sure why, but I always tend to lean towards the fantasy weapons.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like both, though don't really see me doing any military renders, so would probably use fantasy weapons more.