• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

glennf

Eager
I've actually seen those being worn on the beaches in Guam. Japanese tourists go there to "let their hair down". The young girls go there to get away from daddy's stern eye. For such a proper and disciplined people, when they let their hair down, it's down!
I modeled this from a real swimsuit but I can't remember where the picture came from.:(

Rokket

Dances with Bees
raven.jpg

I have to make a whole new cloak so I can do the pose with the hood up. Who is she?

Rokket

Dances with Bees
StarfireAiko.png

It's still an open audition, so Aiko decided to give it a try. So far, I think she has the edge. By the way, that was Alyson 2 above, in case anyone was wondering.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you. I learned a lot from making superfly shaders for this one.

I tried to play with superfly shaders but my first attempts were a disaster so I purchased a few to get me going and try to understand a little better. I am still very much on the start of the learning curve but getting your hands dirty is the only way really. Not only did you learn a lot you came up with one great shader.

Me195

Extraordinary
I tried to play with superfly shaders but my first attempts were a disaster so I purchased a few to get me going and try to understand a little better. I am still very much on the start of the learning curve but getting your hands dirty is the only way really. Not only did you learn a lot you came up with one great shader.

I had/have the same problem with disastrous Shader attempts. The superfly shaders from Vince Bagna that I'm pretty sure I've seen you use is where I got most of my education on Superfly. They cover a wide variety of subjects. I'm in the same boat with the learning curve. Yep there's plenty of dirt for you hands in superfly. Thank you. This render was my lesson in layers and getting normal maps to work right.

Hornet3d

Wise
I had/have the same problem with disastrous Shader attempts. The superfly shaders from Vince Bagna that I'm pretty sure I've seen you use is where I got most of my education on Superfly. They cover a wide variety of subjects. I'm in the same boat with the learning curve. Yep there's plenty of dirt for you hands in superfly. Thank you. This render was my lesson in layers and getting normal maps to work right.

I have used the shaders from Vince Bagna and they were a good starting point for me. The documentation helps without being too complex and encourages experimentation. As they cover so many different shaders there is a lot to play with. I have also learnt a lot from @seachnasaigh who has kindly created and made available some of his superfly shaders. I am really enjoying what the renders I can get with superfly but I also know I have barely scratched the surface, then again it took years of playing before I was even comfortable using the advanced tab in the materials room and most of it still seems magic to me now.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
For such a proper and disciplined people, when they let their hair down, it's down!

Germans are like that too. We met some on the school trip to Barcelona year before last and the German girls were very disciplined and did as they were told during the day, but when evening time came they went wild! We had great craic with them for the few days it lasted.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Germans are like that too. We met some on the school trip to Barcelona year before last and the German girls were very disciplined and did as they were told during the day, but when evening time came they went wild! We had great craic with them for the few days it lasted.
I partied with some Germans in Australia. They were in Darwin backpacking and we all met at a hostel. They do like to drink a lot of beer. If I didn't have to catch a flight the next morning, I would have stayed out as long as they did. I was packing up my stuff to leave as they were coming in the door at 6AM, loaded!