• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

D

Deleted member 325

@Rokket , I did not realize it was already layered. That is a wonderful texture by the way. As seachnasaigh suggested, having the Tie nearly invisibly small at frame 1 and then larger and slightly offset to one side or the other (not by a lot) would allow for quick and easy 2D animation that might be convincing? Sort of just flying right at the camera.

I have been experimenting with a lot more layering and compositing of 2D renders into final scenes and digital set extensions lately. I have also been watching a lot of VFX breakdowns and behind the scenes videos to get ideas and references. Sometimes it amazes me how many VFX shots in big budget film are a layer of composited 2D elements and photo-retouching.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Why not try ten seconds of animation? It will give you a good idea of what is in store for you. As when i suggested storyboarding our comics. Just making a single comic page isn't easy for one person. So start small and see if you like results.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Why not try ten seconds of animation? It will give you a good idea of what is in store for you. As when i suggested storyboarding our comics. Just making a single comic page isn't easy for one person. So start small and see if you like results.
300 frames is 10 seconds, Rob. 30fps...

quietrob

Extraordinary
300 frames is 10 seconds, Rob. 30fps...
I understand. Back when I played video games like DOOM or Quake, having a video card that could maintain 30 frames a second was minimal. I believe it was 72 frames a second to fool the human eye on a computer and that required a strong video card as well. Still, I favor what you've done. Getting your frames down, putting them together and seeing it in action! Despite the intersection of the arms, that was pretty darn cool!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Yeah, there were other mistakes as well in the compositing of the video. I inadvertently set the soundtrack to line up with the video. The result was that the soundtrack "stretched" to match the video length and it slowed the tempo of the music down. I also could have done a better job of matching up the background image as well. But it's not bad when you consider the last time I did any animation was Poser 8.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Yeah, there were other mistakes as well in the compositing of the video. I inadvertently set the soundtrack to line up with the video. The result was that the soundtrack "stretched" to match the video length and it slowed the tempo of the music down. I also could have done a better job of matching up the background image as well. But it's not bad when you consider the last time I did any animation was Poser 8.
No way, Bro. This was freakin' cool. Anyone who just tried to make their character walk around a room knows that was pretty darn even for a test.

quietrob

Extraordinary

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
A question about the second image. A very well done portrait by the way. Why the name Urban Angel?
The background is a street shot at night (HDRi) and I thought her face was sweet like an angels even if she is a bit punk/goth looking and Urban Angel just popped into my head (maybe a good book cover if anyone wanted to write her story LOL)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Hornet3d Hey I hadn't forgotten about your lamp and bin just had a bit going on. Any hoo here is a very quick and dirty render of some very quickly made props, is this what you are after?
ForHornet.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Yep, they look great. Sadly not rendering much at the moment as Poser 11 has gone wrong again, it crashed a few times then started to load with a EZskin window stuck in the top left section of the screen that you can't close and comes to the top if you try to click anything in that section. Had this with PP2014 a few times. Need to go back to day one info and rebuild my preferences or download my back ups but I need to find the drive to do so. Anyway I digress, this is great work and more modern and UK looking than anything I have.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Sorry to hear about you poser woes Hornet, I hope you can get them sorted.
Right now they are just .obj files with some of seachnasaigh's shaders thrown at them but if you like I can pack them up as proper poser props with textures

Hornet3d

Wise
Sorry to hear about you poser woes Hornet, I hope you can get them sorted.
Right now they are just .obj files with some of seachnasaigh's shaders thrown at them but if you like I can pack them up as proper poser props with textures

That would be great if you don't mind but as I said before, no real hurry.

Hornet3d

Wise
Not at all :) and while I am doing this for you I am not fighting the bigger projects on my desk lol

Thanks, I am very grateful. I will get Poser running again it is just it was only last week it developed a major problem. On top of that the program's (X86) on my D drive folder suddenly deleted itself so I lost my secondary programs. I have them backed up but I am having to reinstall them then Poser goes wrong so I decided to take a break from fighting the PC.

Now I am using a tablet for Internet stuff and if that doesn't force me back to the PC nothing will.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Hornet3d your welcome :) I needed some thing this the last few days as have been in the doldrums so doing some thing for some one that didn't need lots of concentration to pull off has helped me get through. If you find any thing a bit wonky let me know and I'll fix it up :)

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d your welcome :) I needed some thing this the last few days as have been in the doldrums so doing some thing for some one that didn't need lots of concentration to pull off has helped me get through. If you find any thing a bit wonky let me know and I'll fix it up :)

I am glad that the project was some benefit to you, it makes me feel less guilty using it when I have no way of paying for it.