• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
I love your street scene Hornet. The phone box looks a bit out of place. They got rid of most of them in Irish cities here as almost everyone uses a mobile phone now. Apparently phone boxes were on every other Irish city street 20 years ago, but now they are only to be seen in isolated rural communities. I guess it would be similar in the UK.

Spot on, a few years back you would see the odd modern style phone boxes in large towns but that is being phased out (still it means one less place for the drunks to relieve themselves) . The only place you will see the old style red box is in a remote rural village and even here it is normally kept clean by volunteers from the village. Quite a few were converted into novelty shower enclosures so you are more likely to see one in someone's bathroom than on the street.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
There aren't any phone booths in the US, either. I had to finally get a cell phone because it got impossible to find a public phone.

So the classic phone booth where Superman changes into his cape is missing. (He'll have to use something else now.) :)

Hornet3d

Wise
There aren't any phone booths in the US, either. I had to finally get a cell phone because it got impossible to find a public phone.

So the classic phone booth where Superman changes into his cape is missing. (He'll have to use something else now.) :)

Progress I guess, I had to get a cell phone for the same reason but I can't say I am converted in that it is almost always switched off. If I have an emergency it is switched on but off again as soon as the emergency is over.

Sadly, even when the phone boxes were common most did not work due to vandalism, they smelled awful, mainly thanks to drunks. They were the target to criminals not only to those trying to steal the cash box but also people blocking the coin reject channel in the hope of returning to winnings later. I sort of miss them but they were generally abused so the public in general did not deserve them. These days if the phone is damaged, for whatever reason, the owner has to pay for replacement or repair which seems fair. Of course the downside was no one tried to rip the phone box away when you were using it and no moped rider mounted the pavement to snatch the phonebox from your hand.........as I said, progress.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I hated using public telephones when they had them here, as I was always afraid of what germs I might catch from some ill person who used it last. I usually waited until I got where I was going to make any phone calls. Then again, I've had a cellphone for close to 2 decades, so was never an issue if I absolutely needed to call someone while not at home.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
When I couldn't find a pay phone at Union Station, that was the point that I figured that I was going to have to get a cel.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I always hated public phones anyhow as they were always either non-functional or you couldn't get through. However, I got a cell phone whenI was old enough that I occasionally had health issues. I had to call my housemate for help from the middle of the garden once...I'd tripped over something and both legs cramped so that I couldn't get up, and it was nearly dark outside. (Not a good situation, we do have bears here, and wolves, and coyotes, and...whatever.)

Hornet3d

Wise
I always hated public phones anyhow as they were always either non-functional or you couldn't get through. However, I got a cell phone whenI was old enough that I occasionally had health issues. I had to call my housemate for help from the middle of the garden once...I'd tripped over something and both legs cramped so that I couldn't get up, and it was nearly dark outside. (Not a good situation, we do have bears here, and wolves, and coyotes, and...whatever.)

We are well domesticated here in the UK, on the whole you are not going to be attacked by a wild animal, those that do exist here have learnt not to trust man and stay away. You do have to beware of humans offering to help though as they as just as likely to mug you than help you, well at least in the big cities.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
In my neck of the woods, we have black bear, coyote, bobcat, black-footed cat, cougar (albeit rarely), feral hogs, copperhead snakes, timber rattler, water moccasin (rarely), black widow spider, and brown recluse spider.
There are also human thugs, mostly in the city.
We hillbillies have ways of dealing with the threat. Coyote and feral hogs generally hunt -and attack, in packs- after dark. Hence the night vision scope...
Kentucky long rifle 556 NATO 1200x412.jpg

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
We have had cougar, and several people have told me they've seen one. But I've never seen one. (I did see the bobcat....in a stupendous leap where it took one of my chickens 9 or 10 feet off of the ground ... the rooster was in full flight at the time. )
We're rural, backed up against mountains, and get the wild things. Including black widow spiders. No poisonous snakes here unless a rattlesnake comes over the mountains in a load of hay.
Unfortunately, we're also close enough to the city where the human critters think this is wilderness and wonderful place to hide out back in the woods and cook meth or something. (Yes, there was a meth lab further out than I am.)
No, I don't have a night vision scope....but I'd get one if we had feral hogs. None of those here, thank heavens. I've heard tales.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Looking good Rokket. I think the top of the back's sticking out because of the pose. With her arms pushed back, that's causing the top to push closer together from each side, and that's making it bulge slightly.

Also, check your settings, as the fabric looks like it should be soft, in which case I think you might wind up with a fold instead. I think it might be a little too stiff, which is why it's bulging out. Play with the settings to see what you get.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
@Rokket If you dislike the slack cloth at her upper back, try scaling the outfit at 90% in the last frame of the cloth sim. Start at 100%, end at 90%. That will usually make clothes fit snugly as if it was Spandex.

But if you don't want to lose folds and ripples elsewhere, then maybe assign some of the vertices at the top edge of the back as constrained. That will make them follow the nearest vertices of the doll, maintaining their relative position.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Looking good Rokket. I think the top of the back's sticking out because of the pose. With her arms pushed back, that's causing the top to push closer together from each side, and that's making it bulge slightly.

Also, check your settings, as the fabric looks like it should be soft, in which case I think you might wind up with a fold instead. I think it might be a little too stiff, which is why it's bulging out. Play with the settings to see what you get.

I may try that later. I sometimes forget that you can make the cloth softer or stiffer just by playing with settings.

@Rokket If you dislike the slack cloth at her upper back, try scaling the outfit at 90% in the last frame of the cloth sim. Start at 100%, end at 90%. That will usually make clothes fit snugly as if it was Spandex.

But if you don't want to lose folds and ripples elsewhere, then maybe assign some of the vertices at the top edge of the back as constrained. That will make them follow the nearest vertices of the doll, maintaining their relative position.

I don't want it to be spandex, cousin. This is the same outfit I did with those renders with. The difference here is that I beefed her up a bit more. I wanted to see how the outfit would handle her morphs.