• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Modeling is fun :)

Do You Have the Time?
Rendered in Carrara

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Definitely looks like you're on to something Hornet, and I also like Rae's idea of a night version. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d do you have any reference images of you uk lamps and bins? I am on a modeling bender at the moment and would be happy to see if i can whip up what you are after :)

I said I would get back to you so - for bins

Litter bin manufacturers | EXTERNAL WORKS

On the first page the range by Marshalls and furnitubes would be quite common and the first couple from Neptune would be seen in our parks, or something very mcu like it.

For Lights

Favorites

Favorites

Hope that helps.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I said I would get back to you so - for bins

Litter bin manufacturers | EXTERNAL WORKS

On the first page the range by Marshalls and furnitubes would be quite common and the first couple from Neptune would be seen in our parks, or something very mcu like it.

For Lights

Favorites

Favorites

Hope that helps.
Cool, they look very much the same as what we have here. Wont be able to do any thing till after the weekend but shouldn't take much to whip some thing up once I am back at the desk :)

seachnasaigh

Energetic
@Hornet3d If you decide to do a night scene, I can make a lightcasting streetlight. The P9 version of Tink's Cafe' had them among the neighborhood props. If I'd make a new model, it would be both Firefly/Superfly capable.

I could do headlights/tailights for a car too, but it would need to be a model both of us have, or.... I could make a generic "headlight beam" prop and edit the PP2 to include a parented Poser spotlight.

segue.... some freebie props for Superfly and P9/Pro2012+ which demonstrate lightcasting; the ReadMe folder contains screenshots of the render settings I used for each render engine. Each prop is dual-root and will work in either Firefly or Superfly.
Claymore II FF.jpg
Light bulb Sfly subD.jpg orb biolumenescent FF.jpg orb fiery FF.jpg lightsabre MkIId Sfly.jpg

These have been uploaded to Renderosity as "glowy demo props"; pending approval.

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d If you decide to do a night scene, I can make a lightcasting streetlight. The P9 version of Tink's Cafe' had them among the neighborhood props. If I'd make a new model, it would be both Firefly/Superfly capable.

I could do headlights/tailights for a car too, but it would need to be a model both of us have, or.... I could make a generic "headlight beam" prop and edit the PP2 to include a parented Poser spotlight.

segue.... some freebie props for Superfly and P9/Pro2012+ which demonstrate lightcasting; the ReadMe folder contains screenshots of the render settings I used for each render engine. Each prop is dual-root and will work in either Firefly or Superfly.
View attachment 35983 View attachment 35984 View attachment 35986 View attachment 35987 View attachment 35988

These have been uploaded to Renderosity as "glowy demo props"; pending approval.

Thanks, the render has just finished but I used your ambient light script. I could do the same for headlights and brake lights as I have the superfly materials for the glass so I could add the ambient nodes.

Love what you are creating here I am a sucker for anything that glows.

Sadly I don't go to Renderosity, long story not worth repeating.

Hornet3d

Wise
Cool, they look very much the same as what we have here. Wont be able to do any thing till after the weekend but shouldn't take much to whip some thing up once I am back at the desk :)

I suspected they were not very different to what you have, the problem I is that almost all my UK street furniture is Victorian, not that I am complaining as I love Victorian content. A lot of the graveyard scenes I have rendered are Victorian and it really does tend to create a nice spooky atmosphere. I have alway loved such places, I think it must come from reading the ghost stories of Charles Dickens as a child.

We have a large Victorian cemetery not far for us called Arnos Vale and my wife and I managed to get on the guided tour at night a few years ago. It sounds ghoulish, but we learnt so much about Victorian life as well as death and their view of life and passing on. One of the most educating trips I think I have ever been on.

Arnos vale(2).jpg
arnos-vale-cemetery (1).jpg
arnos-vale-cemetery.jpg
statues-in-the-mist-within-cemetery.jpg

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I suspected they were not very different to what you have, the problem I is that almost all my UK street furniture is Victorian, not that I am complaining as I love Victorian content. A lot of the graveyard scenes I have rendered are Victorian and it really does tend to create a nice spooky atmosphere. I have alway loved such places, I think it must come from reading the ghost stories of Charles Dickens as a child.

We have a large Victorian cemetery not far for us called Arnos Vale and my wife and I managed to get on the guided tour at night a few years ago. It sounds ghoulish, but we learnt so much about Victorian life as well as death and their view of life and passing on. One of the most educating trips I think I have ever been on.

View attachment 35991 View attachment 35992 View attachment 35993 View attachment 35994
Yeah I run into the same thing on the rare occasion I want to do a "every day" type render, there is very little out there that looks like your average kiwi setting. Even insides can be a pita though I can normally bash some thing together that could pass as my lounge, umm when its clean that is and you can see the floor rather than piles of fabric and stacks of books :whistling:

Hornet3d

Wise
Yeah I run into the same thing on the rare occasion I want to do a "every day" type render, there is very little out there that looks like your average kiwi setting. Even insides can be a pita though I can normally bash some thing together that could pass as my lounge, umm when its clean that is and you can see the floor rather than piles of fabric and stacks of books :whistling:

Sounds like my work room although not a lot of fabric but plenty of books, computers and other electronics.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Sounds like my work room although not a lot of fabric but plenty of books, computers and other electronics.

Make that plus left over bits of snacks, plus two cats...one of whom wants the chair in front of the computer. (No matter which one I put there.)

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I love your street scene Hornet. The phone box looks a bit out of place. They got rid of most of them in Irish cities here as almost everyone uses a mobile phone now. Apparently phone boxes were on every other Irish city street 20 years ago, but now they are only to be seen in isolated rural communities. I guess it would be similar in the UK.