• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I so love those effects !!! I will for sure need to check that out! I have a great many ideas on how to use them!! I sent you a PM I hope you don't mind!

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I not only love your raw image...but the way you have done the postwork is brilliant!! Love it!

I've been in a comic mood lately.
A portrait of Selina.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Great render, and you did that with Blender Cycles? Nice. I've only played with Cycles a couple of times, and there's always a part (though a small part), that never quite looks right. Then again, I haven't used it with a human figure yet, only props.

BTW, great DOF. ;)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
@Miss B
:) No DOF here. Just not very big HDRI as world texture.
About Cycles vs all other: Blender team is very serious to be near Arnold and Renderman. So for now IMO it's best (price/quality/speed of dev and render) solution for characters renders.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
*sigh* With the apparent passing of the Faeriewylde servers I seem to have lost my venue for posting the illos I do for my publication projects. And the ones done for various fan fests. I may be moving them here.

Not immediately, since the fan fest season is over for the moment, and while I just finished a project, it isn't ready for posting yet. Still have to get the author's feedback and do the exports and build it a page.

But don't be astonished if I start spamming the thread in a few weeks. After all, it's fun to show the illos to people who have some idea as to how they are made.