• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
People were having trouble getting to the site intermittently, and then the whole site disappeared a couple of weeks ago. Thorne had posted shortly before that that the servers were pretty ancient, and the message one gets when one tried to sign on is an internal server error. Don't know whether the site will be back eventually. I suspect the owners are pretty busy with other things these days.

It's a shame, that was another really nice, helpful community.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
*sigh* With the apparent passing of the Faeriewylde servers I seem to have lost my venue for posting the illos I do for my publication projects. And the ones done for various fan fests. I may be moving them here.

Not immediately, since the fan fest season is over for the moment, and while I just finished a project, it isn't ready for posting yet. Still have to get the author's feedback and do the exports and build it a page.

But don't be astonished if I start spamming the thread in a few weeks. After all, it's fun to show the illos to people who have some idea as to how they are made.
Ohhhh, I'm looking forward to this. I'm a huge fan of your illos, especially the ones based on Harry Potter, and your Tarot deck, that's another favorite.

I keep checking FW hoping it'll pop back online, but I guess only time will tell.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I do hardly any renders that aren't for an actual purpose. Generally illustrating a fanfic or doing something for a fest. And so far, those have been nearly all set in the Potterverse. Apart from the Oz books and the Dragon Age series.

I sent the checkfile off to the author for feedback this morning. Once that project is posted (assuming the author doesn't flake out and I never hear from her -- which isn't likely) I'm going to finally do the upgrade to El Capitan, and Studio 4.9. No way was I going to do any of that in the middle of an ongoing project.

And then I think I'm finally going to see what I can do with the Poser dynamic stuff that I bought early on when I still thought I was going to be working in Poser. Or dip my toes into Iray. It may be a while before I have a new project to work on.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'll be interested in hearing how you go with the upgrade to 4.9. I've been putting it off until I finished doing Diva.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
me and 4.9 don't get along (I don't know if its my computer or not tho) so I've been sticking with 4.8

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Maybe I should start a thread about upgrading to 4.9...I don't won't to put people off topic but I have questions I'd like to ask about why you don't get along. I'm very nervous about upgrading to 4.9...

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I went over there, and there wasn't one. Or not yet.

Actually, a thread related to different versions of the program would make sense.

Meet Raven.
Dark Hair, piercing eyes, slightly annoyed.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't know about mean, but she certainly looks upset by something, or someone. Nice render JV.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhhhhhh I like!!! I have several of those packs, but totally forgot about them, as I got them so long ago.

Last edited: