• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks Lyne...that's a cute V4 render. I keep meaning to convert all her clothing over to Dawn but it still only happens in dribs and drabs.

trouble is, converting OFTEN messes up the parts that are VERY detailed...hence my preference to use them as they were created- on V4.... sigh. hmmm....could try this outfit and post a before and after... if I have time... o_O

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I haven't converted much for Poser as I tend to use DS more. I use autofit and then send stuff to Zbrush to fix any minor problems. I know these are Dawn renders but the items were converted in autofit. The dragon princess one is a genesis outfit and the other one is a V4 outfit...neither had much more done than autofit which took 5 mins. The top one was just a quick test render and if I was doing a proper render I would take it into zbrush for more work.
dragonprincess2sml.jpg

playing dressup in bigsisters clothing 2sml.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I suppose I could have added this into Kens Birds but as the bird isn't the main focus I thought I'd attach here :)

Ken's Kiwi hole is now a Tasmanian Devil Den :)
I've to try this with the LAMH preset if I ever get a better computer :)
YIPES!!! Yes, Miss B and they have terrible bites!! Very nice how you have captured them!!
I do have a question though, is the Tasmanian Tiger classified as extinct?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
YIPES!!! Yes, Miss B and they have terrible bites!! Very nice how you have captured them!!
I do have a question though, is the Tasmanian Tiger classified as extinct?

1936. Yes - with the caveat that there have been numerous claims of sightings over the decades (none of which could be confirmed). But officially, it is considered existinct as of 1936, officially declared extinct on the international level in 1986.
The Tasmanian Tiger | australia.gov.au

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
1936. Yes - with the caveat that there have been numerous claims of sightings over the decades (none of which could be confirmed). But officially, it is considered existinct as of 1936.
The Tasmanian Tiger | australia.gov.au
Ah nod!! I thought so, but was not for sure.
I always thought that was an odd looking critter, but a very kewl one!! Sort of like cat, dog, kangaroo hybrid cross left over from prehistoric times possibly. Thanks for the info Seliah!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The Tas Tiger is, and cancer is decimating the poor Tas Devils :( Devils are cute but very bad tempered :p

The Thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger) went extinct on the mainland way before Tasmania, but the last on died in captivity in 1936 (here's a good link: On this day: Death of the last Tasmanian tiger ). Its a pity, from all accounts the ones they made into pets were better than dogs (they are kind of dog like).

It is believed the devil became extinct on the mainland some 400 years ago – before European settlement, and under Tasmania’s Threatened Species Protection Act 1995 its status was formally upgraded to ‘endangered’.

I want to get the TTiger model next time it comes on special

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
"With a head like a wolf, striped body like a tiger and backward facing pouch like a wombat, the Thylacine was as unbelievable as the platypus which had caused disbelief and uproar in Europe when it was first described."

Its bad enough that animals become extinct but horrible when its because of humans hunting them because they don't understand it :(

Its a long one but I found it interesting :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The trees, frame, and signature are ALL postwork. The only bits of it that was actually a render was the wolf and the Dancing Lights... the aurora was one of the textures on I think it was Flipmode's Night Builder product.

This was the raw render. :)

HW-Logo02.png