• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
nDelphi, Rae is correct. You can create separate albums, and control a certain degree, who can view the contents of those albums. I always set my albums to Members only, so folks must be logged in as a member of HiveWire to view them.

But yes - yes, you can post your non-HW art to the galleries here. I do it on a regular basis, with no issues. I just have my non-HW art in a separate album from the pictures that do contain Dawn/Dusk/Luna. That's all.

----------

And since folks seem to like the new avatar, here is what that picture looks like at full size.

I want to stress that I don't consider this picture to be one of my better renders; it was just a throw-it-together for the avatar. I did postwork some basic DOF/blur into the background to make sure Blake and my white wolf popped out properly. At a small size for avatar use it's fine, but I will not be adding this one to my actual gallery, as I just think the quality is too sub-par for my own standards.

Profile-Render.jpg

But anyway, there you go. ;)

Blake - Genesis 1, an edited M4 skin, my eye textures, Midnight Prince M4 hair, glasses from RDNA originally made for M3; Eldritch Seeker shirt, converted from G2M to G1.

Alessandro AM's wolf for Studio, with the LAMH fur preset.
Alessandro's grizzly bear, with the freebie LAMH preset applied.
Lyne's wonderful old bull elk model.
Ken's Bald Eagle
Ken's Stellar's Jay (I can't tell you how long I hunted for a good Stellar's Jay!!)
Ken's Red-Tailed Hawk

Blake had to have his say on this one! LOL The white wolf is for me, and Blake's character takes a LOT of traits from my own personality, so maybe that's why he insisted on being in this picture. :p The various critters (other than the wolf), pretty much constitute his immediate family and their animal shifts. The only exception to that is Lyne's elk, which is Blake's own animal shift/form, and his adoptive mother's shifted form is absent entirely because, frankly, NO ONE ANYWHERE has made a 3D wolverine for us yet!! I need one SO badly! I need a wolverine AND a badger! LOL :D

The hawk and the stellar's jay are his brother's shifted forms; the bald eagle is a sort of adopted sister, and is her form. The bear belongs to a cranky old coot who pretty much decided it was his job to help Blake's family straighten this boy out. And his adoptive father never did gain an animal form, so he's nowhere to be found in this picture. The stellar's jay is his brother Seth's form, and that one is closest to Blake in the picture because Seth was the one who finally succeeded in getting the boy to actually start speaking. He was entirely non-verbal for almost two years when his fosters took him in. None of them are related to him by blood, but he's sort of made his own family between his foster/adoptive parents and friends over the years. ;) I did mention that Blake is a storyline character....

The white wolf is my own spirit animal/totem animal, so yeah... wolfie is present! LOL

I included the Dancing Lights background, because where I spent time out west, we used to see the Aurora from time to time, and I am still horribly drawn to those Lights... as in I will freeze in the middle of whatever I'm doing and just stare happily whenever I see them. I miss seeing them; the east coast here doesn't usually get to see them.

That about sums up all the various parts of the quickie avatar render. ;)

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
sweet Seliah, I'm glad I got to see it larger, in the avatar I can't see the Bear, Elk or birdies.
I'm too scared to ask how he got his stitches!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
sweet Seliah, I'm glad I got to see it larger, in the avatar I can't see the Bear, Elk or birdies.

I can see them slightly in the avatars on the side of the messages, though they're a little easier to see if you click on the picture and look at the popup. But I know they're small. It's an avvy, not everyone has to see every bitty piece in it on a forum, right? :)

I'm too scared to ask how he got his stitches!

DMs/GMs can be evil sometimes. ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Loving all these!!! Apologies for not commenting individually!!!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just a couple more of Blake's pictures from different stages of his life here. ;)

First one was a childhood render that I postworked in Corel to give it a bit of the "old photograph" or "old security camera freeze-frame" type of effect.

Blake-FadedMemories01.jpg

I was never able to effectively postwork the flames on the firepit here. I still get annoyed by the dang firepit. But I was happy with how the rest of it came out.

BlakeCamp.jpg

And this was the first adult portrait I did for him. Prior to the damaged eye and neck happening; those happened later on. LOL

BlakeNightwind.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
was thinking about what I did as a kid with pennybungers and such...

crab holes were not a safe place
Rendered in Carrara

View attachment 4962
OMG...that brought back childhood memories! Letterboxes definitely weren't safe in our area.

Just a couple more of Blake's pictures from different stages of his life here. ;)

First one was a childhood render that I postworked in Corel to give it a bit of the "old photograph" or "old security camera freeze-frame" type of effect.

View attachment 4965
I absolutely love this one Seliah! They are all good but this one is a level up from being good.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Lyne, would you believe that last one (the big portrait) was done before I'd even figured out how to do ambient occlusion in Studio? All I used on that one was a single distant light and ONE spotlight! LOL

Pen, thanks so much. That actually means a lot because that one was really hard to get the postwork to look "just right" when I was doing it... it was way back when I was first starting to delve into serious postwork (stuff more than just sharpening/color correction).

I ended up actually cropping the image for this one; when I rendered it there was another figure in the scene, and in the end I decided that was artistically not adding anything to the image, so I cropped it out and ended up with what you see up there.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I love it...I was trying to articulate why and I can't really put it into words properly. Some of it is the way you've use colour but there is also just a hint of vulnerability in the eyes that I've seen in kids I've worked with. It really touches my emotions...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love it...I was trying to articulate why and I can't really put it into words properly. Some of it is the way you've use colour but there is also just a hint of vulnerability in the eyes that I've seen in kids I've worked with. It really touches my emotions...

That means I succeeded in giving the kind of feeling I intended, because that's exactly what he was at that age. He was a scared little kid back then who knew he had no control over anything around him.

You read his eyes exactly right. :)