• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
There is nothing like interaction. It makes you feel emotion. I can feel the emotion in this one. It's not the physical scars. It's the scars and pain we can't see that will always need more healing. That is how I feel when I look at this piece.
You have got that so right Rob, it was what was at the back of my mind while working on. Being so battered and worn that all you want is to fall down. Then someone comes along and with a word or a touch starts you back on the path to getting your feet back under you.

Princess of Magic II for V3 from the Baron and Vestal Crown from Ghostman on G3F

quietrob

Extraordinary
I find it amazing that something from V3 looks so good now. Everything looks like a custom fit. I can't tell what's Genesis 3 and what's Victoria 3.

Wonderful job. How long did this take to render?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Princess of Magic II for V3 from the Baron and Vestal Crown from Ghostman on G3F
Ohhh, so THAT's what you meant when you said you were working with the Vestal Crown. ;)

Very nicely done JV. Can't say as I remember that outfit for V3, but it looks pretty good on G3.

Hornet3d

Wise
There is nothing like interaction. It makes you feel emotion. I can feel the emotion in this one. It's not the physical scars. It's the scars and pain we can't see that will always need more healing. That is how I feel when I look at this piece.

Hard to pin point why it is the case but you are right it does generate emotions. The poses clearly are part of it but the atmosphere adds weight as do the god rays and the fact the figures are out of the limelight and in the shadows to a degree. So much going on in a render that seems so quiet on another level.

Hornet3d

Wise

Great render with a well seen mix of old and new, reminds me I have some stuff from the Baron, I clearly need to dig it out and have a play. I particularly like the glow effects that spill over onto the surrounding areas, the balance between the glow and lighting works really well.

Hornet3d

Wise
She heard something behind her...

Couldn't cook it for long enough but this experiment was about using DOF in Iray, definitely something to only try when I'm ashore...my gas tank on the gennie ain't big enough!!

View attachment 25640

The DOF works well and there is a definite feel of concern or possible menace. Certainly a good proof of concept which, as you say, deserves to cook for longer when you have the opportunity.

I find it amazing that something from V3 looks so good now. Everything looks like a custom fit. I can't tell what's Genesis 3 and what's Victoria 3.

Thanks, aside from it being a bit low poly, I was too lazy to interrupt mid render to go back to subdivide, it turned out pretty good. It took about a little over 2 hr to render.

Ohhh, so THAT's what you meant when you said you were working with the Vestal Crown. ;)

Yes, that's what I meant. I missed you at chat.

Very nicely done JV. Can't say as I remember that outfit for V3, but it looks pretty good on G3.

Thanks. I have tons of stuff from the Baron. They are a bit risque.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I'm definitely getting more comfortable rendering with Poser 11's SuperFly, and it's getting easier for me to work in the Material room while attempting to get non-SuperFly textures to look good.

Items used: Angel for V4, wearing Angel Assassin outfit (both at DAZ3D)
Action Poses at Renderosity (includes the pistols used)
Bagginsbill's EnvSphere (available on his site), and Ghostship's Studio Portrait Lights (available at ShareCG), as well as Ghostship's help on the SM Poser forum with setting up eyes so they look natural without blinding reflections.

Presenting . . . Angel - Locked and Loaded

Angel-LockedAndLoaded.jpg

Edited to Add: OK, uploaded the new version with newly corrected eye MATs. This is much better. :)

Last edited:

quietrob

Extraordinary
Well, I'm definitely getting more comfortable rendering with Poser 11's SuperFly, and it's getting easier for me to work in the Material room while attempting to get non-SuperFly textures to look good.

Bagginsbill's EnvSphere (available on his site), and Ghostship's Studio Portrait Lights (available at ShareCG), as well as Ghostship's help on the SM Poser forum with setting up eyes so they look natural without blinding reflections.

View attachment 25711
Those eyes are just riveting. You may call her Angel but she looks like Angie to me!

Wonderful job. Hey! Where did you get that rendered in Superfly logo? I'm so tired of seeing that IRAY logo on everything DAZ. It was nice to see that Poser Superfly there!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks, but I'm redoing the eyes, as I forgot to plug the eye texture map into the Sclera Map node, so the Sclera is way too white for my liking. (See new render above.)

As far as the logo, I think on the SM site, though I don't recall. I even duplicated it with the additional "With EZDome" underneath it for when I use Snarly's EZDome instead of just using BagginsBill's EnvSphere. Let me think about it, and I'll let you know. I do know the original is much larger, but I made a small, and tiny (the one used here) versions because not all of my renders are large enough for the larger sizes.

Oh, and she "is" Angie. If you go to DAZ and look at the main promo, you can see it even better. I think the character, and outfit, are based on her Lara Croft character.

Last edited:

Hornet3d

Wise

View attachment 25713

Edited to Add: OK, uploaded the new version with newly corrected eye MATs. This is much better. :)

The fact you are more comfortable with SuperFly is evident, always loved the character and this is a great portrayal.