• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Ok really early days on this- but am digging how it is looking with Poser 11 Superfly:) Lots more fixes and details to add and of course all the other MAT variations- Poser Firefly, DS and iRay (ah the life of a texture artist these days:)

Laurie

View attachment 1810
This is just amazingly beautiful already. Can't wait to get him in a render!

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
My neighbors across the road from the front of my house raise Scimitar Oryx and BlackBucks. It's the oddest thing to wake up to gazelles barking in the morning. They have this weird whistle noise they make sort of like between a bark and a chirp.

Oh, I love scimitar horned oryx! Many think they were the inspiration for the unicorn.
I love how the fawn is coming along, hope he gets an all white option too!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes the subdivide in Poser really comes into play nicely when you add waves to the mane especially when it is longer. Smooths them out to look much more natural and flowing- if you compare to the earlier CU render with the mane blowing back more you can see the more "jaggy" look of the waves in comparison. Will have to remember to use this with the long manes! (reminds self:) Gonna start the morning by making a really cute wispy short mane for Whisper. :)

And thanks Desertsilver!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Killer look Laurie. I just love the pearlized look on the hide. Even on the mane too!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks Chris!

So here is work on the short mane trans and 2 variations on wispier fetlocks. I think I will have to see them on actual Whisper to decide which I like better.

WhisperManeShortSubD.jpg

WhisperFetlocksWispy1.jpg

WhisperFetlocksWispy2.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Those feathers are cute Laurie.

I was wondering how hard it would be to map minimal feathers (or if its even possible) or is it something best done postwork (I hate postwork :p)
Something like this (photo from Wiki)
Chestnut_horse_hoof.JPG

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL Rae- ya got me. Been meaning to do something like this for a while- what I need to do is a serious color key on the UV to figure out exactly which parts would make that happen. Mainly a tedious job, that I do really need to do. I think I have a color key started- will go look:)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I usually renew mine by mail. I hated when I had to go to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles years ago when NY decided to go with photos for identification purposes. What a waste of time standing on that line. ~shakes head~

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yes, great work again Laurie. Glad to see you showing those options on the fetlocks. That is indeed how we intended it when it was modeled.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks Chris and all. Now I know the model and UVs so much better after almost 2 years of working with Harry, it's a lot easier to make more options like this. Its always daunting to me when I get an obj and a UV and ok, time to map!:) It is easier now I have Blacksmith even if all I do is pretty rough there, it does give me a much better idea of where things need to go. Doubt I will ever go to full painting on a model there though. Even with a Wacom tablet I just can't get the kind of brush strokes I want there. Still would like to try out the newer 3d paint tools in the latest Photoshop.
Got lucky on the driver's license- only had to wait for like 15 minutes. Yeah not like NYC when I lived there:) Would have done it online but I waited too long and didn't have a current enough eye exam.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Oh and Chris- I still have that original photo you sent me for Whisper so yes I have been referencing that a lot lately:)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
You're certainly doing an impressive job Laurie. As usual.

Now that the Western tack is off of Paul's plate he's been moving well over the last couple days on the Shetland Pony. Then we'll divert him to looking into a Poser version of Axel, and from there, probably Whisper then Thistle, Asian Elephant, then Big Cat or whatever else we can squeeze in between these products.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Here is a quick go on a guess- not too bad! Can see I need to track down a few of the sheets to modify. Might be able to do that in Blacksmith3D. Meanwhile I need to finally suck it up and go renew my driver's license.. yeck what a waste of time but of course needs to be done... :(

View attachment 2616

I just love this! Loving the mane tests as well. :) This is really pretty so far, Laurie.