WIP HiveWire Wolf Has Begun!

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Jul 29, 2016.

1. FairyFantastic

FairyFantastic Energetic

looking greatxx

2. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Looks Awesome!! I like that little ruff around the neck area!! Could kind of go Siberian Husky or Alaskan Spitz too.

Curious idea, but wonder if you could make a headdress like you did with the deer out of the wolf?
    Could be interesting for some Native American type or Hunter/Huntress type renders.

Chris and Dakorillon (IMArts) like this.
  3. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

Does
    not
    suck

Mythocentric and Lorraine like this.
  4. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

OH CHRIS!!! FANTASTIC~! I hate using the 'old' wolf, even with what I did for/to it, as it's just not realistic... I CAN'T WAIT for your wolf and dogs!!!!!!

Chris, RAMWolff and NapalmArsenal like this.
  5. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Looking Fan-tas-tic!! ;)

6. Lorraine

Lorraine The Wicked Witch of the North CV-BEE

Not
    even
    a
    little

7. Miss B

8. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Great idea for sure, or should I say "fur" sure.

R R.

NapalmArsenal likes this.
  9. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

One curious thing - a customer commissioned me a couple of weeks ago to resolve an issue with an existing wolf model (not sure from where), where the neck fur was SO thick that any attempts to put a collar on it would either look like it was floating and too large, or it would be the right size but would disappear under the thick fur. The funny thing was that the fur doesn't look odd until we try to put a collar around the neck. I wonder if that happened because the model was trying to be a dog and a wolf, where the difference was the fur? Or maybe it was a design flaw to start with?

10. Chris

Interesting Ken. Yeah, I think I'll still have to incorporate a few more neck thickness options, and cheek fur. For that matter probably tail thickness options too.

11. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

The bottom line was that we couldn't solve the dog collar issue because the wolf fur was unrealistically too long - perhaps because the actual neck geometry was too thin, and then compensated with fur? I think it was a design flaw on the model that only surfaced when we tried to put a collar on it. I don't have enough knowledge on wolf anatomy to judge this, but everything points to the neck being too thin and then it was compensated with fur. I am sure THIS wolf won't have that problem because you guys KNOW anatomy here.

I can already see this wolf being better than the others out there for things like this.

12. Chris

Cool.

Yeah, this wolf shouldn't suck.

13. Chris

Put the Lion Mane on the Wolf... JUST... Wolf28.JPG Wolf29.JPG Wolf30.JPG to see what can possibly be done without the fiber or strand based hair.

Eota, Lianam, jonrea and 8 others like this.
  14. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Ambitious

Aesthetics aside I would just sarcastically say wolves wear no collars.
    If we are talking of dogs I guess that would be a design flaw that needs addressing. maybe a simple morph set to crimp the fur mesh a bit so it looks like the collar is crimping it a bit which is what would happen anyway.
    I one solution doesn't work try another and from someone like me who has a lot of stinky little quirky needs I have had to work out all kind os alternative solutions as needed.

15. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Ambitious

Chris I love this with the mane!
    This is the kind of design I love because it gives options that occur when thinking out side of the box. This is a great fantasy animal option. Did someone say add horns horns? :)

Chris likes this.
  16. NapalmArsenal

Oh hey LOVE LOVE that!!

Wonder if you can use the tail tip dials on the cats and make his tail curl up? Wonder if you could extend that all over and transmap it out? Maybe use something like the unicorn tail for the tail portion and make it fluffy?

Probably more for Tiny but could be kewl!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chinese Crested?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Pendraia and Chris like this.
  17. Chris

Like this?

Wolf32.JPG Wolf33.JPG Wolf34.JPG Wolf35.JPG

Rowan54, KageRyu, Eota and 6 others like this.
  18. Miss B

Gee, I didn't know wolves and rams were related. :D

19. NapalmArsenal

20. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

Um, Miss B...

One word:

RAMWolff......

:p

who REALLY needs to show his face in here cheering at Chris's image...

@RAMWolff psssssssst.....Wolffie!

Rowan54, Pendraia and NapalmArsenal like this.