• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire Warthog from Harry

Minyassa

Enthusiast
This could be very difficult because Andrewsarchus is known only from a single skull of immense size - more than twice the length of the skull of the largest living bear. This would make it the largest mammalian predator ever to exist. Andrewsarchus has long been associated with the Mesonychids and all the past reconstructions are based on these association. Interestingly, Mesonychids had hoofs instead of claws giving them the moniker "wolves on hooves". They may be related to the early artiodactyls (a group that includes cattle, camels, pigs and hippos). Many scientists now consider that Andrewsarchus may not be a Mesonychid after all and that it could possibly be an artiodactyl (a discovery of its post cranial skeleton would clear this up once and for all). If this is the case, a reconstrution should be more like Pakicetus, an ancestral whale that had legs and walked on land. And yes, whales are artiodactyls and its closest land based relative is the hippo (Cetacea and Artiodactyla are now combined together as Cetartiodactyla). Confusing?

Yep! That's pretty much what I'm picturing in Andrewsarchus except bigger and meaner. There was a "Walking With Prehistoric Mammals" show some years ago that did a 3d animation that really was not that far off from how Pakicetus has been reconstructed, though of course they went a little wild imagining the color scheme. That's what I am looking for--I have a character that has an Andy as a mount.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ya know Rae, I too thought it reminded me of something, but wasn't exactly sure what it reminded me of. I like what looks like its mane, though that's a sketch/painting, so not sure if I'm seeing it correctly.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I just want to be known that as you all know by now I am a beggar for content I need to get my clammies on Poser stuff to help me bring my fantasies to life. So, as an advisory here, when this warthog is released into the runtime wilds I am going to ruthlessly be begging my fool head off for a fantasy tac for it. Something crude looking and not a "show hog" shiny new and perfectly crafted set either. I want it to look like it belongs on a P.I.G.! Something an Orc or Ratman or Troll or Dark Fae would ride into battle or on the annual Dark Hunt! Simple but utilitarian. And if it cn be used on harry as a fantasy or Native tac as well OH HAPPY BEGGAR ME!
So, remember content creators here....when piggie is out I am coming for Ya with my whining beggar tone and Computer mouse beggar hands out in supplication for some contribution! LOL

Since I saw this I have been poring over my old fanzines (HeavyMetal since issue 1, EPIC and several others) and comics and fantasy art books (have a huge library of reference material neatly organized on wall to wall and floor to ceiling book shelves that cover two walls) and of course GOOGLE looking for ways I can use this bad boy 'cause it aint nuthin without the Tac!
So get'er dun Hivewire!

And just so you be inspired here are a few tidbits i hope will feed da fire! LOL
Think of this bad boy as a WAR HOG!
Hope nothing offensive be posted here!

9da4d30c1196f74decad3b2d1f34ec9e.jpg

5693c7d123ce861585c9af04599b7290.jpg

2984567-7735739128-5c1ab.jpg

a296abefe7ee11dbd01bea367d7b8469.jpg

armored fantasy warhog.jpg

b3441c8172d505156fb75c6fbd7a4d08.jpg

c18930074d62f6ee0ab5894fe571abce.jpg

ec2c097b28d676cee05038fe775cf426.jpg

orc_raider_by_3shades-d3785bs.jpg

simon_bisley_004.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
look at the images i posted above. do they incite you in any way? of course we are going to have to wait and see what is done here with the creature. if it is nor orc war hog worthy that will determine what if any tac need be created. it will need to be knarly to the Nth degree for that to be the case. It will have to be a Hog only an orc or Heavy Metal/LOTR/Art Of War/War Hammer enthusiast can possibly love!

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I'm closing in on a big sci-fi project. Then I'll make a barbarian outfit for Dawn. If the timing is right, and I complete these things around the time the warthog is done; I can carry elements of the barbarian outfit over to the warthog saddle and armor. For the barbarian I see a few chains, lots of spikes and leather, and some turtle shells. Also, pigs are intelligent creatures, for the warthog armor a spiked helmet, and blades (perhaps ax heads) attached to the tusks are a must but I see no need for a bridal, just good handles on the saddle. Warthog should go on voice commands like a dog. Stay, go get em, leave it, heel, let's go.

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
What? No fur! Or soft buckskin knee-hi boots? Sword...knife....utility bag or belt pouch....wristlets and armlets? Buckskin head band or campaign bags sacks and satchels and bedroll and saddle spear and............LOL