1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

HiveWire Warthog from Harry

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

A few days ago I posted on Facebook a few mini sketches that I had drawn last week. A couple of those sketches were of a warthog. After that post, a long time friend in this community (Chloe Thorne) asked me if I'd create a warthog model. So my muse got the better of me and today this is what I've been working on.

This is a pure morph from Harry our HiveWire Horse. I've only added in the tusks as props, but the rest is morph work. I have much more to do still. I haven't hardly touched the feet yet, but I think this is a plausible model. The mane will work in nicely, as warthogs have a hairy scruffy mane.

For those that think I take on too many products and wonder why I just don't finish off a few others that I've already started, I do have an answer to that. In actuality I probably am sitting on a years worth of models. They need to be rigged, textured, and additional expression morphs to finish up. I'm working on a long term project that being the human skeleton to fit within Dusk SE, and have many others in the works. But this is what I do, and what I'm not bad at creating. Paul is our rigger, and Laurie/CWRW, Virtual World, and Sparky are our primary texture map artists.

So, I don't know when this project will hit the store. I certainly hope it's sooner than later, but we'll do our best to work it in the line-up. To me, I wanted to see if our Horse mesh can handle this extreme morph, and it would appear that it can.

Can you just picture any of Laurie's awesome horse maps on this hideously handsome beast?!

WarthogWork2.JPG WarthogWork3.JPG WarthogWork4.JPG WarthogWork5.JPG WarthogWork1a.jpg WarthogWork1b.jpg

2. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

well, that certainly is a different kind of pony :p LOL

Pendraia, Mythocentric and Chris like this.
  3. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

Cool! People did seem to like my MORPH-created "wild pigs" sets I did long ago....

LadyfyreGraphics and Rae134 like this.
  4. HaiGan

HaiGan Engaged Contributing Artist

Pumbaa! :D

LadyfyreGraphics and Pendraia like this.
  5. Sunfire

Sunfire One Busy Little Bee QAV-BEE Contributing Artist

So now I gotta ask....

Are ya aching?

For some bacon?

RAMWolff and Pendraia like this.
  6. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

LOL!

Cool, Chris!

7. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Great! Now we need a camel.

Rae134 and Chris like this.
  8. FairyFantastic

FairyFantastic Energetic

wow looking good

Chris likes this.
  9. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

YEAH!! Nice start Chris. Very nice start. ;)

Chris likes this.
  10. Freyfaxi

Freyfaxi Adventurous

Another excellent, and unusual addition to your ever growing potential zoo. It's amazing the potential hidden within Harry :)

Pendraia and Chris like this.
  11. Willowisp

Willowisp Adventurous

When will we get the ferret? :D

LadyfyreGraphics likes this.
  12. Mythocentric

Mythocentric Extraordinary

Just sitting here awestruck...........For once Chris I am gobsmacked! :wow:

Pendraia and Chris like this.
  13. Willowisp

Willowisp Adventurous

Now I'm imagining what 3D Universe could do with that warthog.. :x3:

LadyfyreGraphics, Pendraia and Chris like this.
  14. Chris

Bit more work on the head shaping today. Starting to shape the front half and front legs now.

(Forgot to attach a screen grab so I deleted my previous post)

WarthogWork6.JPG

15. Chris

Hey, tell my muse well ya. Ha.

Mythocentric and Rae134 like this.
  16. Chris

Half Warthog, half Harry.

WarthogWork8.JPG

17. Sunfire

Sunfire One Busy Little Bee QAV-BEE Contributing Artist

A warthorse!

Chris, Mythocentric and Rae134 like this.
  18. Ken Gilliland

Ken Gilliland Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

nice! and the oxpecker on the back of the warhog in your sketch gets an extra thumbs up :)

Chris likes this.
  19. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I'll second the Ferret!

And if that the horses tack fits that HogFace/HarryButt I can see fantasy War Steads a plenty!

20. Mythocentric

Mythocentric Extraordinary

Muse singular Chris? I was beginning to think you and Ken could probably field a whole football squad of them between you! :whistling:

Chris likes this.