• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire Warthog from Harry

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Sixus 1 might be willing to do tack for the pig...
Sinus created a great looking fantasy war creature that rocks....but, only for D/S.
I contacted him asking if we should hold our breaths waiting for a version for Poser to which e blithe
Y replied since he has migrated to the D/S mesh format and loves it for its ease of work and beauty will never be going back to,creating Poser content the old way....a sentiment shared by MANY of the old Poser content creators everywhere in the community....and the idea of creating for two platforms is equally unappetizing for the content creators.
I can inderstand this mind set for characters who require co plea,skins and clothes no accessories,etc but to g that way also for creation of sets and environments as in the case of Stone Masons works (which I have purchase all) of and many others at DAZ who have offered such great products through the years, that is disheartening.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
>> Yeah sure for D/S! I am sure of that and if not then someone else I am sure....but for Poser? Doubtful!<<

True. But then with all of the artists and vendors out there who produce Poser content -- and we both know there are a lot of them -- *why* in over a dozen years has no one but Hivewire stepped up to the plate and produced really quality new dog and/or cat models? Why have people been clamoring for DAZ to do it ever since weightmapping was adopted by both programs? Even if DAZ *had* done upgraded dog or cat models, theirs would not be supporting Poser weightmapping.

The Poser-specific community of artists and modelers is not that small. If they want new dogs and cats why hasn't anyone else done anything?
Well, I take that back. There have been a couple of standalone dog or cat models that turned up in various markets, or freebie collections like ShareCg. But They've all been single model/single morph products. Nobody but DAZ and Hivewire is thinking in terms of a comprehensive base model with a slew of different breed morphs. And DAZ's commitment to that doesn't look as high as it was back in 2003 (MilCat) and 2004 (MilDog). Hivewire is fully committed, but the team producing them is small enough that once the base, with the morph potential is released, the actual breed morphs have tricked out one at a time. Nobody is going to see something like the original MilCat or MilDog bundles that come with just abut everything all in one package.

Actually AM's warthog comes with goth DS and PS versions. it's just the hair that is only available in DS. Quite a few of his animals come in both versions. But his modeling, while much better than it used to be, is nowhere near Chris's.

Stonemason does still include an .obj version of his sets. It may not make it easy, but at least it is still possible to use them in Poser.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Stonemason does still include an .obj version of his sets. It may not make it easy, but at least it is still possible to use them in Poser.
If he does, he must be in the minority, because most DS vendors don't. Granted with the size of his projects, it would still be a monumental job getting all the textures/materials set up, but it could be done.

I did that once when I purchased an item at Renderosity that was made for Vue, but included all the materials and the OBJ.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Very unfamiliar with Hogswatch. But I like the sound of a sleigh full of sausages.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
hi Miss B :)

Glad to hear it Chris! If we get him in time for Hogswatch he can pull the sleigh to deliver all the sausages to good little children everwhere! :)
We just need the skeleton for Dusk and a rat one too and we be all set lol

Thorne

New-Bee
Contributing Artist
yep must have the rat skeleton lol Can't have a proper holiday without him :)

Very unfamiliar with Hogswatch. But I like the sound of a sleigh full of sausages.

Hogswatch is the equivalent of Christmas on Terry Pratchett's Disc World, administered by that world's version of Santa, the Hogfather. I always thought old Papa Pookling had a bit of Hogfather in him and have been wanting a warthog for ages to pull his sleigh ;)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
yep must have the rat skeleton lol Can't have a proper holiday without him :)

Hogswatch is the equivalent of Christmas on Terry Pratchett's Disc World, administered by that world's version of Santa, the Hogfather. I always thought old Papa Pookling had a bit of Hogfather in him and have been wanting a warthog for ages to pull his sleigh ;)

Hi Thorne! Long time....have missed the Wylde!
Sounds almost as good as a wonder war hog. What better add-on packs to offer than armor, character morphs and skins and harness and other vehicles (sleigh, rough fey war chariot or utility cart to pick up after its release......or better yet.......WITH.......it's release.
Hoping....Hopi Get!!!!!

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
It could use a little more, but this is what I can do from the Horse mesh if I'm going to keep it as a pure morph, which is what I'd like to do. So... I guess it is then.

Thanks for the reply. In the very near future (just a few more days) you will know why I asked.