• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire Warthog from Harry

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Shouldn't think so. But who knows when it would be ready to be released anyway.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I'm beginning to get the impression that this new deal between Hivewire and DAZ has the potential to put AM's nose seriously out of joint. He and Valandar have been the main PAs to produce creatures over at DAZ for the last couple of years.

Valandar seems mostly to specialize in monsters and fantasy creatures. AM has been king of the hill for real world critters for some time. Now, I agree that his modeling has improved *a lot* since the days that he was producing his first animal models with the displacement fur. But it is nowhere anywhere close to Chris's, and the main selling point of his is that they all come with LAMH presets -- which can improve the look of just about any mesh.

Not to mention that we've been hearing rumors of AM being the one who is producing the next generation of dog and cat for most of a year.

First off, this makes all of those rumors devolve into pretty much definitely being no more than rumors. I doubt that DAZ would be making overtures regarding the Hivewire animals if they had a new source behind the scenes approaching completion. So, either AM is working on his own dog and cat, but not for DAZ. Or what he is working on is badly delayed and DAZ got tired of waiting, or even that what he is doing isn't up to expectations. Or it could be just about anything. But the Hivewire animals are tough competition, and I really don't think that AM is currently up to it.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It would be easy to assume that he and Kendall Sears are working flat-out on LAMH 2,0. But I have no inside information on that.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
We have this gorgeously ugly Warthog animal morph and many others that will continue to move forward. Yes, yes, they will continue.

My personal biggest challenge with the animal morphs that I've created is getting them mapped and rigged. There are very few competent artists that can rig and map them properly.

Laurie and Paul are relied on so heavily by Lisa and I to be the other pieces of the puzzle to get content out. It's unfair to expect them to keep up on all these critters that I have in the works.

Laurie will produce what she has interest in, and Paul will produce what he has time for, and works on content with a priority list.

I've had some early discussions about getting help from other artists to get the Warthog completed. I'm not going to pursue it more though, until our first round of animals (Big Cat) hits the DAZ store, because the artists I want to approach... create for the DAZ store. They will be more willing to help once they can see that our animals will reach a larger audience, and make it worth it for them to chip in to get animals like the Warthog out to the customers.

When I know more, I'll let you all know.

I will say this too, I've been sharing screen grabs with DAZ of the animals that I (we) have in progress, and they are very, very excited to see them come out on their store.

Lisa and I will be meeting with DAZ in the near future to find ways to get these animals that we've had sitting on the shelves (many for several years) completed and FINALLY available.

Also, one more thing, they love the Labrador Dog base, and the Boxer, and Chihuahua morphs from the Big Cat that I've created. So that might say something about our Dog verses others that might be in the works or talked about elsewhere.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I'm beginning to get the impression that this new deal between Hivewire and DAZ has the potential to put AM's nose seriously out of joint. He and Valandar have been the main PAs to produce creatures over at DAZ for the last couple of years.

Valandar seems mostly to specialize in monsters and fantasy creatures. AM has been king of the hill for real world critters for some time. Now, I agree that his modeling has improved *a lot* since the days that he was producing his first animal models with the displacement fur. But it is nowhere anywhere close to Chris's, and the main selling point of his is that they all come with LAMH presets -- which can improve the look of just about any mesh.

Not to mention that we've been hearing rumors of AM being the one who is producing the next generation of dog and cat for most of a year.

First off, this makes all of those rumors devolve into pretty much definitely being no more than rumors. I doubt that DAZ would be making overtures regarding the Hivewire animals if they had a new source behind the scenes approaching completion. So, either AM is working on his own dog and cat, but not for DAZ. Or what he is working on is badly delayed and DAZ got tired of waiting, or even that what he is doing isn't up to expectations. Or it could be just about anything. But the Hivewire animals are tough competition, and I really don't think that AM is currently up to it.
Yeah sure for D/S! I am sure of that and if not then someone else I am sure....but for Poser? Doubtful!