• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Ruckus Character

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Fit to Ruckus now.

Ruckus85.JPG
Ruckus86.JPG
Ruckus87.JPG
Ruckus88.JPG

quietrob

Extraordinary
I can't wait to see him textured!! I'm now digging that decorative ring hanging from the shield.

I agree with the legendary Netherworks. Ruckus needs a girlfriend...or a sister. No need to tie him before he's even released. :D

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Solid thoughts. Never know. Keep the ideas coming though.

Yeah, I think this big fella leads a nomad type of an existence, roaming from port to port, if ya know what I mean.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Question... Is Ruckus going to have some protective armor for his twigs and berries? Seems odd to me to have all this armor but just a loin cloth below....

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
HAH.. your a cruel man Chris. He may come after you if his tallywhacker gets whacked! lmao

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I can take him, once I master the sling and 5 smooth stones. It will be his forehead he'll have to worry about.

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Ideas... Be careful what you ask for :D

Though I liked it, I don't think the (DAZ) She Freak did so well, beyond the novelty. That's the thing though, it has to be useful beyond the novelty of it. There should be a way to not only have a She Hulk type character but be able to soften it down to make a Red Sonja type character.

I hope too that you'll be able to soften Ruckus down if you want a barbarian but not necessarily overly muscled.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Don't forget RawArts has some muscle morphs already in store that would work (until someone did a proper mate :D).
I did a test render awhile ago as someone wanted a comparison (Dawn Toned would be the closest to normal Dawn).
I think the "MiniMorphs Hero" with a little of the "MiniMorphs Muscle" morphs mixed in would look good with Ruckus' armour.

D

Deleted member 325

I also like the Idea of a Female version - and both Muscular and Softened variants. I think, with the right add-on morphs and textures, it could be more than just a novelty. I'll admit, I used the Freak a lot more than the She-Freak, but that was because there wasn't a lot of support for her...even to convert clothes to her. Where-as, with converted and available clothes, and existing M3/D3 textures I used the freak for the base for a lot of large humanoid monsters and aliens to fill out my animated plots.

I think, given the chance, and support, a Female large character like this based off Dawn would work. I think the most important thing would be, and I would also like to know that about Ruckus - is this essentially a morph/scale up of Dusk (i.e. can he technically use Dusk Morphs and textures to an extent)?

While the Freak had custom made morphs, I found I could use a lot of M3 morphs on him, and most of the Generation 3 textures were interchangeable.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Maybe a Red Sonya character type using some dial spins and a specific texture might do the job? I don't tend to use the more heavily muscled characters I do tend to soften them down with other characters.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I think, given the chance, and support, a Female large character like this based off Dawn would work. I think the most important thing would be, and I would also like to know that about Ruckus - is this essentially a morph/scale up of Dusk (i.e. can he technically use Dusk Morphs and textures to an extent)?

While the Freak had custom made morphs, I found I could use a lot of M3 morphs on him, and most of the Generation 3 textures were interchangeable.

Yeah, yeah. Ruckus is a pure morph from the Dusk/Dawn/Baby Luna mesh. So other existing morphs could certainly work in degrees on top of Ruckus. That's the beauty of the "one mesh to rule them all" way of thinking. UV's can certainly transfer over as well.

D

Deleted member 325

Yeah, yeah. Ruckus is a pure morph from the Dusk/Dawn/Baby Luna mesh. So other existing morphs could certainly work in degrees on top of Ruckus. That's the beauty of the "one mesh to rule them all" way of thinking. UV's can certainly transfer over as well.
*in my best Mr. Burns voice Excellent!