RELEASED HiveWire Ruckus Character

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Nov 19, 2016.

1. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Oh splendid. He gets to stab himself in the arms. (I'm just no fun at all.)

Chris likes this.
  2. FairyFantastic

FairyFantastic Energetic

wow great armour

Chris likes this.
  3. Desertsilver

Desertsilver Engaged

Love that helmet!

Chris likes this.
  4. pRabbit

pRabbit Member

I tried. He keeps being mechanical. That's why I say about myself that I'm a killjoy. I think you're the damn greatest 3d artist I've ever seen on the long run, that's why I'm being such an ass (sorry). Let the muscles ... flow~ <3 Dude, I love you, and I think I'm being kind of unfair. What you are doing is astounding, nobody can say otherwise.

Chris likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Yeah, trust me, I thought of that when I made the morph. It's just a morph on that chest plate anyway.

You can look at it a few ways. Design for design sake. Or perhaps his arms are so big they can't reach his sides anyway.

Look at this very cool looking motorcycle design for example. If the rider made a hard stop, there is a good chance he'll stab himself. Yet, the design was created anyway.

screenshot2014-04-30at11.16.30am.png.jpg

6. Chris

Smooth is smooth, with a smooth morph applied. I have also created asymmetry morphs for the abs, and face. Mixing and matching works pretty well.

Kind remarks mixed in there, and I appreciate that. Actually any remarks that can be learned from and bring improvement to our figures is good, especially if we're able to incorporate ideas that work. If you've got an "anti-mechanical" idea for me to incorporate into our Dusk S.E. that would be good. Otherwise I've got ideas that I've been creating to perhaps increase the humanizing of our next version of Dusk. We'll start up another thread here before too long, when we're ready to show him off, and have a clear understanding of how we're going to be able to incorporate previous Dusk morphs, characters, maps and such for Dusk S.E.

Just a bit of a cat out of the bag there.

7. Sunfire

Sunfire One Busy Little Bee QAV-BEE Contributing Artist

Lovely bike but a sudden stop and he or she would be one with their bike for sure.

8. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

I always think that about the spiky collars some goth outfits have.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    Chris likes this.
  9. Pendraia

Woohoo...that's some cat Chris. Maybe an iray version in there? That would be fantastic!

Desertsilver and Chris like this.
  10. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Geeze, the only way you could get me on one of those, is if the gold were 14K. ~Ouchie~

Chris likes this.
  11. Desertsilver

Desertsilver Engaged

I can't wait to see the new Dusk in progress-Yes please! to an I ray version.

Pendraia, have you tried using any Gen 3 skins on Dusk?

12. Pendraia

Do you mean the Iray versions? And using ctrl Click to get the settings?
    You have to do it a material at time iirc...I do have the 3DU character for Dusk which has Iray settings that's what I use but I would prefer some material settings specifically for his base texture. I'm still trying to work out setting up Iray skins for the characters I'm doing. I'm more used to doing skins in 3Delight...

13. quietrob

quietrob Extraordinary

It helps a lot. I have a few big fella's but they don't get the use they should because I don't want them mowing the grass in torn purple pants with no shoes! Everyone should wear shoes unless they are at the beach!

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  14. LisaB

LisaB HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee Co-Founder

Looking really great! I love seeing Rukus in comparison to Dusk. I also love the giant axe and the sandals. Nice work!

Chris likes this.
  15. Chris

Added a scalped hair tassel to the Battle Shield. Both the Helmet hair and battle shield hair have a ton of morphs on them. I'd like to see Paul add in a rig for them for further control as well.

Ruckus69.JPG Ruckus70.JPG

16. Chris

Back side of shield. Put some arm straps on it now. Moving on to lion claws necklace, probably arm bands and a lil' something extra if I can pull it off (and I can).

Ruckus71.JPG Ruckus72.JPG

17. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Excellent work. I look forward to seeing the lion claws necklace. ;)

Chris likes this.
  18. SndCastie

SndCastie Admirable QAV-BEE

looking great you are really getting this moving along .

Chris likes this.
  19. FairyFantastic

FairyFantastic Energetic

looking awsome

20. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

Very cool!