• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Ruckus Character

pRabbit

Have you tried dialing some of the morphs for Dusk? Here are only a couple of smoothing options. I've worked hard and tirelessly to make Dusk what he is and can be. Try some of the dials to achieve something lease "mechanical" perhaps.

I tried. He keeps being mechanical. That's why I say about myself that I'm a killjoy. I think you're the damn greatest 3d artist I've ever seen on the long run, that's why I'm being such an ass (sorry). Let the muscles ... flow~ <3 Dude, I love you, and I think I'm being kind of unfair. What you are doing is astounding, nobody can say otherwise.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh splendid. He gets to stab himself in the arms. (I'm just no fun at all.)

Yeah, trust me, I thought of that when I made the morph. It's just a morph on that chest plate anyway.

You can look at it a few ways. Design for design sake. Or perhaps his arms are so big they can't reach his sides anyway.

Look at this very cool looking motorcycle design for example. If the rider made a hard stop, there is a good chance he'll stab himself. Yet, the design was created anyway.

screenshot2014-04-30at11.16.30am.png.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I tried. He keeps being mechanical. That's why I say about myself that I'm a killjoy. I think you're the damn greatest 3d artist I've ever seen on the long run, that's why I'm being such an ass (sorry). Let the muscles ... flow~ <3 Dude, I love you, and I think I'm being kind of unfair. What you are doing is astounding, nobody can say otherwise.

Smooth is smooth, with a smooth morph applied. I have also created asymmetry morphs for the abs, and face. Mixing and matching works pretty well.

Kind remarks mixed in there, and I appreciate that. Actually any remarks that can be learned from and bring improvement to our figures is good, especially if we're able to incorporate ideas that work. If you've got an "anti-mechanical" idea for me to incorporate into our Dusk S.E. that would be good. Otherwise I've got ideas that I've been creating to perhaps increase the humanizing of our next version of Dusk. We'll start up another thread here before too long, when we're ready to show him off, and have a clear understanding of how we're going to be able to incorporate previous Dusk morphs, characters, maps and such for Dusk S.E.

Just a bit of a cat out of the bag there.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Lovely bike but a sudden stop and he or she would be one with their bike for sure.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Smooth is smooth, with a smooth morph applied. I have also created asymmetry morphs for the abs, and face. Mixing and matching works pretty well.

Kind remarks mixed in there, and I appreciate that. Actually any remarks that can be learned from and bring improvement to our figures is good, especially if we're able to incorporate ideas that work. If you've got an "anti-mechanical" idea for me to incorporate into our Dusk S.E. that would be good. Otherwise I've got ideas that I've been creating to perhaps increase the humanizing of our next version of Dusk. We'll start up another thread here before too long, when we're ready to show him off, and have a clear understanding of how we're going to be able to incorporate previous Dusk morphs, characters, maps and such for Dusk S.E.

Just a bit of a cat out of the bag there.

Woohoo...that's some cat Chris. Maybe an iray version in there? That would be fantastic!

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
I can't wait to see the new Dusk in progress-Yes please! to an I ray version.

Pendraia, have you tried using any Gen 3 skins on Dusk?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Do you mean the Iray versions? And using ctrl Click to get the settings?
You have to do it a material at time iirc...I do have the 3DU character for Dusk which has Iray settings that's what I use but I would prefer some material settings specifically for his base texture. I'm still trying to work out setting up Iray skins for the characters I'm doing. I'm more used to doing skins in 3Delight...

quietrob

Extraordinary
All of our existing clothing items for Dusk would have to be scaled and fitted, but software can help that effort.

Right now I've just been creating and shaping this big fella without having to think or worry about what else we're going to have to make available on release. The clothing that I am now creating for Ruckus I'm making for Dusk first and creating a morph to fit Ruckus.

Don't know if my response helps at all.

It helps a lot. I have a few big fella's but they don't get the use they should because I don't want them mowing the grass in torn purple pants with no shoes! Everyone should wear shoes unless they are at the beach!

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looking really great! I love seeing Rukus in comparison to Dusk. I also love the giant axe and the sandals. Nice work!