• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Gorilla From Dusk Underway!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
When you go to all the fun emoticons, you'll see it there :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yay on the new icon!

I was going to ask where to find Kong but realized that while I had downloaded him I hadn't loaded him into DS yet :D (must have been too exited to see him :p)

Virtual_World

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
I can't resist .... here I tried the Creature heads with Kong.

KongCreature500x650.jpg

Having so much fun with Kong!

Last edited:

static

Inspired
(Just curious. Is it in the works to Gorilla-ize the fingernails?) ignore this... I thought it was still a WIP, but I just saw the pics of the fig in the store. Looks great!
Looks sharp, by the way, better than most other human-to-gorilla morphs.
Strike that. Better than any human-to-gorilla morph I've ever seen.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Lisa just made one for everyone here, since it seems to be a common phrase here now for some reason. Ha.

I forget now who requested it. Was it you?
No Chris, I didn't request it. I'm still waiting for the head banging on the wall we used to have on the old forum. That's the one I need all the time. :D

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think it was me and a couple of other people :D I too would like a banging my head against a wall, desk, what ever :p

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Congrats to all involved on the release of the Gorilla! What an amazing team you make!!!

VW that is an awesome dial spin...

eclark1894

Visionary
Wow, you folks are way too kind. But I do appreciate your support.

Working on the Gorilla more today and tonight. Reshaping things to a better looking base. Feel much better about it. Worked over feet and hands, torso, butt area, beefing up lower legs and forearms to support a thicker hair look as well.

Can't remember if I mentioned here that Virtual World has agreed to take a crack at doing the texture maps. Excited for this. She'll do a great job on this beast. I'm sending her an obj to get things going now. And the UVs are the same as Dusk.

View attachment 3998 View attachment 3999 View attachment 4000
That side view looks like Magilla Gorilla. Another Hanna Barbera cartoon. Chris, you're killing me and making me nostalgic.

Magilla_Gorilla.jpg

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Seems like one combination of dial spins made a sort of toonish looking gorilla, I will see if I can duplicate it.