1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

RELEASED HiveWire Gorilla From Dusk Underway!

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Jan 24, 2016.

1. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

SimTenero just brought out a set of Particle Physics engine+variants for Studio in the past week or so. I'll have to admit that most of the promos didn't convince me that it was useful for anything that I wanted to do. But I'm sure that before long we'll be seeing renders in galleries or threads that will give me reason to reconsider.

Requires 4.9, however.

As to LAMH hair. No, it's not actually fibermesh. I gather that it is something like Renderman curves or some other such bizarre name. It can be exported to fibermesh, though.

2. Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre) Running with the wolves. CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Ah, perhaps that's why I thought it was. For some reason I thought Alessandro had made a remark that it was Fibermesh. Maybe he was talking about exporting!

I stand corrected. Thanks! :)

3. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Or possibly the Poser version. They did just release a Poser wolf with hair. They may have had to do fibermesh for that one.

4. Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre) Running with the wolves. CV-BEE Contributing Artist

The Poser version uses Poser dynamic hair.

5. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

it's definitely Renderman curves of some sort.

6. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Congrats on the gorilla!!! I just scoped out the promo images in the store and omg guys!!! So awesome and well done on the map work!!!

Now where did I put that model of the Empire State Building and those airplanes!!!:rolleyes:

Pendraia, Rae134 and Chris like this.
  7. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

It turned out very well didn't it?! Virtual Worlds map work, and Paul's rigging and poses. VW created the imagery and Lisa made some adjustments and put them all together.

Hoping more folks will create more pose packs now, and some poses with Dusk and Dawn and such.

8. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

Pendraia likes this.
  9. VortigensBane

VortigensBane Busy Bee

How did I miss the arrival of Super-Monkey? Totally awesome looking!!!!!

Pendraia and Chris like this.
  10. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

KONG IS IN THE STORE!!! :D

Chris likes this.
  11. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

Cause it only arrived a few hours ago ;). And I gotta agree - super awesome!

12. Virtual_World

Virtual_World Enthusiast Contributing Artist

Congratulations to the HiveWire team for this wonderful product. It was a lot of fun to work with Kong!

Chris likes this.
  13. Chris

Thanks so much for helping out in a big way on this product. So glad that you made time for creating all the map work for this animal!! I think it turned out very well! It is a scary looking beast. I want him on my team for sure.

14. Miss B

My first thought when I saw the main banner image in the newsletter was . . . Planet of the Apes has come to the Hive!! :D

The expression on his face was priceless. ;)

NapalmArsenal likes this.
  15. Chris

16. pommerlis

pommerlis Busy Bee Contributing Artist

Wait untill I get my hands on this mighty beast :D
    I can't wait to play with him!

Pendraia, Chris and NapalmArsenal like this.
  17. NapalmArsenal

That does get you thinking about some planet if the apes gear and incorporating Harry in some renders.

I know he will rock even more with some of your poses @pommerlis !!

Chris likes this.
  18. Miss B

Hey!!! Where did you get that emoti????? :D

Chris likes this.
  19. NapalmArsenal

Hey Chris,

Sorry to ask in the thread, but Umm have you checked your email? Sort of need a reply as to some promo images ,or I can just run with it.

Chris likes this.
  20. Chris

Yeah, I missed getting back to you on that. So sorry. We're in our team skype meeting right now and it came up during the meeting. I don't want to be the one slowing you down.

NapalmArsenal likes this.