• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Dragon Begins

eclark1894

Visionary
There has been a lot of discussion over the years on what to call a gathering of dragons. The answer it seems depends on the source or fictional setting a great deal. Some of my favorites though, are:
• Clutch or Brood for hatchlings or eggs.
Flight, Wing, or Cloud for a gathering of adult dragons are the more common terms used.
Clan, if it is a family or tribe of intelligent dragons
Dignity, or Circle, if the dragons are very old and sentient, as they are very wise and often in a ruler-ship or advisory position.

My own personal use in the Whyrmwood Cycle - It was a Cycle of dragons, a pestilence a thousand thousand years in the making.

Just my thoughts.
I call it a hallucination.... or a really bad trip.:sneaky:

Teyon

Inspired
A rider could do that but the creature would have a hard time either flapping it's wings or moving its front legs.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@sandman_max , Welcome to the hive! =)

Are you familiar with the Larry Elmore dragons? They tend to have the cat like feet and many of Todd McFarlane's dragon models also sport that feature.

Yes, he is going to be quite the creation with all the morphs included you can have a huge range of dragons in your stable. Hopefully there will be some dragon rider attire and saddles to boot!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
This one is half Dragon with Snout Beak, and half Boxer Dog.

View attachment 11325 View attachment 11326 View attachment 11327
Chris this combo of morphs would be cool to extend in creating more options. I can see it going into what DAZ did with the Gargoyle Hound or the War Hound. I love those little creature and use them all the time. I just wish they had more expansion options like more realistic texture varieties and character development morphs to bring it to look a bit more like a real world dog or cat...sorta hybrids. If in the case of the Gargoyle hound or this cool morph you are showing here, a modified mane and chest groin/hair with trans-mapping to work with whatever textures were applied (I think of the Battle Hound there with coarse tufted body hair) could be offered as an expansion pak it would have offered a lot more functionality.
Again not a criticism but tossing some ideas to the wall to see if they stick! LOL

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@carmen indorato These are undead dire wolf models. I can see sort of a combination dire wolf/dragon dog type critter with wings, or a Cerberus type animal.

Teyon

Inspired
Sorry, what are you referring to Teyon?
Hey, sorry for being late to reply back:

Apparently I was responding to either an old post. There was a shot with a dragon and its wings were placed very near the scapula, which would have made the motion of either moving the legs or moving the wings likely a painful for the creature. Just ignore me though, as it doesn't seem to apply anymore. Serves me right for being late to the show. :D