• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Dragon Begins

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here's another option with the Chihuahua and Dragon with short snout.

DragonWork117.JPG
DragonWork118.JPG
DragonWork119.JPG

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Dachshund morph and a lion's mane (recolored) for something Asian-styled. Not the grand Imperial sort, but a kind of pocket-dragon (or sleeve dragon, more likely)

I really do like the cross-morphinc capability. As most people know, I do a lot of illos for Potterfics. I would be really chuffed to be able to design stable morph recipes for Hebridean Blacks, Welsh Greens, Peruvian Vipertooths, Sweedish Snortsnouts, and what all.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Dachshund morph and a lion's mane (recolored) for something Asian-styled. Not the grand Imperial sort, but a kind of pocket-dragon (or sleeve dragon, more likely)

I really do like the cross-morphinc capability. As most people know, I do a lot of illos for Potterfics. I would be really chuffed to be able to design stable morph recipes for Hebridean Blacks, Welsh Greens, Peruvian Vipertooths, Sweedish Snortsnouts, and what all.

That sounds like a pretty kewl Foo Dog?

I like your thinking with the dragon stables! Would that would be called an aerie?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 325

More Ideas...
Head/Snout
• Wolf
• Dolphin
• Emaciated and/or Skeletal
• Equine
• Ophidian
• Cobra Hood (would probably also need to be on neck to look correct)
Head/Ears
• Lupine
• Elephant
• Fin/Sea Creature
• Equine
• Gone
Mouth/Teeth
• Flat
• Bucktooth
• Needle Like
• Serpent Fangs
• Double Row (like shark)
• Gone
Hands/Feet
Webbed

I wish I had decent modeling and rigging skills because I have a bunch of cool ideas for accessories, like Mains, Feather Crests, Fins, Beards, Tentacle crests, etc...

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
More Ideas...
Head/Snout
• Wolf
• Dolphin
• Emaciated and/or Skeletal
• Equine
• Ophidian
• Cobra Hood (would probably also need to be on neck to look correct)
Head/Ears
• Lupine
• Elephant
• Fin/Sea Creature
• Equine
• Gone
Mouth/Teeth
• Flat
• Bucktooth
• Needle Like
• Serpent Fangs
• Double Row (like shark)
• Gone
Hands/Feet
Webbed

I wish I had decent modeling and rigging skills because I have a bunch of cool ideas for accessories, like Mains, Feather Crests, Fins, Beards, Tentacle crests, etc...
I think I have some ideas on some mats for those.

Kage, did you see the replies in the Backgrounds thread?

Back to rendering!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I guess a stable of dragons probably would be an aerie (eyrie?). But by stable, I meant being able to actually build a recipe for each breed. After all, why should i be the only one to use them?

D

Deleted member 325

There has been a lot of discussion over the years on what to call a gathering of dragons. The answer it seems depends on the source or fictional setting a great deal. Some of my favorites though, are:
• Clutch or Brood for hatchlings or eggs.
Flight, Wing, or Cloud for a gathering of adult dragons are the more common terms used.
Clan, if it is a family or tribe of intelligent dragons
Dignity, or Circle, if the dragons are very old and sentient, as they are very wise and often in a ruler-ship or advisory position.

My own personal use in the Whyrmwood Cycle - It was a Cycle of dragons, a pestilence a thousand thousand years in the making.

Just my thoughts.