• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I check here sometimes twice a day hoping the follow on breeds finally start releasing, bought daz dog II hoping to make the wait easier, but the expression on it drives me batty! It's in the eyes. the placement could be slightly off, but for sure they are oversized, giving a goofy puppy like and even sometimes human look to the dog expression. Even with the added pose-ability, to me it is 2 steps forward and 2 steps back with regard to daz dog 1. no comparison at all to the hive wire dog.... if you want a retriever in every render. heck! im still waiting on the hive deer family, the hive bull. and others. I know smaller company + higher quality= longer waiting. Daz dog release news+ purchase package =additional trips to hivewire dog thread.

You're funny. You get it don't you? I mean the waiting and all, the small company and what not. It is what it is right? The trouble is that I have sooo many models of animals and breeds as morphs from our core animals. Many have been waiting on the shelves for years now. I made up a big list to give to Lisa, and even I was surprised at just how many we have. The challenge comes when they have to be put into the pipeline for rigging and map work. That is clearly where the waiting and patience begins. Still for some, I don't model fast enough to get critters or figures out in time for folks. But I can continue to model, as I do, and many will still have to wait. The thing is, I do what I'm good at, and for the most part that is modeling, creating morphs, and UV work. Those are my bread and butter areas. And I choose to share my work in progress screen grab efforts with folks here. But when they are shared, then the anticipation starts from folks like you, which is great, but also disappointing I'm sure for the waiting time.

I have to know that our Puppy and Sparky's newborn puppy are in good hands with the master rigger Paul. When he's finished the puppies will be great, I'm certain. The same thing is true with Laurie Prindle, whatever she touches turns to gold in my eyes. She's been updating her texture maps and material setting for our HiveWire Horse for IRay and such. She has some amazing Appaloosa maps that she's creating that are unbelievable. Also certainly she can't and won't map all of our animals. She has limited time to put to what we have going, and she picks those things that she has interest in and has to balance that will her many other artistic interests.

Anyway, thanks for waiting and checking in from time to time. I wish I had some better news for you right now. I appreciate your support of our HiveWire products. It's satisfying to know that in your eyes our HiveWire Big Dog is superior to others on the market. I feel the same way.

By the way, yeah, that deer family is going to be a must have product.

Billie

Motivated
Help me understand, what is your son doing here? Renderings of what?

Im sorry, these were models he did with Zbrush at that time. The hope "from me anyways" was for him to join the Hivewire team, but he never finished them. he does more game oriented content now. he did a grizzly bear also, again not textured or rigged. Anyway, the deer family progress is welcome news, thanks for the update on that!

Also yes, I get it, the limitations of the smaller team no matter how much more talented than the other team, but like so many others in the Hivewire forum ... just gritting my teeth wanting to see more Hivewire touchdowns. I cant help but wonder if the daz dog 2 was designed to be a preemptive move?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Im sorry, these were models he did with Zbrush at that time. The hope "from me anyways" was for him to join the Hivewire team, but he never finished them. he does more game oriented content now. he did a grizzly bear also, again not textured or rigged. Anyway, the deer family progress is welcome news, thanks for the update on that!

Also yes, I get it, the limitations of the smaller team no matter how much more talented than the other team, but like so many others in the Hivewire forum ... just gritting my teeth wanting to see more Hivewire touchdowns. I cant help but wonder if the daz dog 2 was designed to be a preemptive move?

Your son is very talented. Not easy to create this work on screen and have them look good. The devil is in the details.

We really are doing all we can at the moment to advance our content.

As to your preemptive move idea. DAZ knows we move slower on projects. They can dip into our WIP threads at any point and see what is or isn't going on. They've known for some time that we've had a dog in the works. They've been wanting a new dog for even longer. By getting their base dog going, and enlisting a hand full of artists to beef up their release, they come out with a bigger bang than our base release. Which they did, and many gravitate to it because they're DAZ, and many customers dig the rich (meaning "many" in this case) offering. However... even if their offering is a bit lack luster, for most customers its fine. They see a bunch of doggies and open up their wallets. So, back to your wondering if the daz dog 2 was a preemptive move? Well, based on how I know they reacted (from reliable sources) to our HiveWire Horse release, they were not pleased that we could pull off such high quality for our Horse. I'm certain the timing of their dog 2 release was well orchestrated for impact. Having said that, it doesn't really matter. We do what we do, when we're able to anyway. We're both trying to run our businesses in a competitive environment, and honestly they don't really look at us as competitors.

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
I will say this: Daz Dog 2 is horrible. For Daz being such a large 3d company their RnD and QA department sucks. Yes they have some of the most talented 3d artists in the market but what is the point when your product is crap. I still need to pick up the HW big dog and big cat.

Chris I find myself wondering how many people understand that you , Sparky ,Paul and Laurie ,work very hard at getting things out but you all also have lives and work outside of the 3D stuff and can only get so much done in a given moment .I got the DAZ Dog but I also got the Hivewire Dog and am waiting for more variations of both .....I love the quality of the Hivewire animals I have bought ,and I really love the Hivewire team .

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Chris I find myself wondering how many people understand that you , Sparky ,Paul and Laurie ,work very hard at getting things out but you all also have lives and work outside of the 3D stuff and can only get so much done in a given moment .I got the DAZ Dog but I also got the Hivewire Dog and am waiting for more variations of both .....I love the quality of the Hivewire animals I have bought ,and I really love the Hivewire team .

Thanks Carrie. We all appreciate your support. It means a great deal to us. Folks like you keep us going.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I will say this: Daz Dog 2 is horrible. For Daz being such a large 3d company their RnD and QA department sucks. Yes they have some of the most talented 3d artists in the market but what is the point when your product is crap. I still need to pick up the HW big dog and big cat.

Ouch! Hey, we do appreciate your support. Very much so. But... let's temper some of these stronger opinions in an open forum. We'd appreciate that too. This is the type of thing that really gets some folks worked up.

Thank you very much. We look forward to your input on our HiveWire Big Cat, and Big Dog.

Of course, I can't speak for everyone but I think most know and appreciate the time and effort that go into creating your animals. As a strictly Poser-user I especially appreciate any and all good quality meshes and textures that I can add to my Runtime. I add animals to almost all of my renders. I'm also the mom of a young adult with Down syndrome and if I've learned nothing else parenting, I have learned patience. But I am excited for the puppies and English bulldog and hope that showing that does not put any extra pressure on you all. Well, maybe a little but not too much. *smile*

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
In this Age of Instant Gratification, it's good to recall the old saying "Good Things come to those who wait". I simply love the animals that the Hivewire team are producing, they are so superior to other animal figures elsewhere. Sure, it would be nice to see them released into the wild faster..but we simply need to be patient. I'll lay odds that those who complain the loudest for faster work aren't putting their hands up to help out.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
We too wish things could move along faster. But, aside from our added HiveWire dog breeds to come, Ken Gilliland, Laurie Prindle, Ken 1171, and many others do have some sweet projects coming out, or very recently released.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Any word on the dog puppy morphs progress?

Been trying to remember where the thread was discussing Sparky's puppy morphs. Any progress on this?
Also was just using the dog and couldn't find the tongue morphs. Is that a separate product to move the tongue etc?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary

Everything DAZ has done to my knowledge has seemed preemptive since the Hive has opened its doors and proved what it is capable of........or at least RUSHED RUSHED! I wish they had kept up with poser stuff because a lot of the stuff they used to create for Poser was pretty good just never really complete enough and/or supported enough even when it proved worth the extra effort. CP seems the same but these tirades are a pain. These companies are what they are....IN BUSINESS for Themselves....... but the work coming out of their creative pools leaves some to be desired. If the Hive had more great folks doing what has been done understaffed I wonder if the work would be as good as it has been?

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Our Paul has been working on fixing issues with our HiveWire Big Dog, those that were brought on with the rescaling of the dog. Now those are in beta, so yes, we're getting over that hurdle now.

Now Paul will put his primary efforts on our 6 week old puppy, and checking out Sparky's amazing newborn puppy, then our HiveWire English Bulldog.
I look forward to the puppies especially the newborn "suckler". A good thing to add to that when it is released I think, would be a set of morphs for the Big Dog for female momma bigger belly and teats. I was surprised there were no more mewling newborn-like kittens for the beautiful Cat here. Any hope of seeing that someday.....eventually?