RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, May 5, 2016.

1. carmen indorato

carmen indorato Extraordinary

Poser people have NEVER been a patient lot. Been using the app since v.4 and when Zygote was pretty much the only content creator for it. Seen so many come and go and the discourse was always the same from the user: MORE! BETTER! SOONER!

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Chris like this.
  2. carmen indorato

Hey Chris!
    Are the add-on breeds and stuff including the puppies stuff also going to be distributed via Renderosity like some o the other Hive Works?

3. Ken Gilliland

Ken Gilliland Ambitious HW3D Exclusive Artist

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  4. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Wow, I don't think I could every imagine a dog's coloring like that.

5. Desertsilver

Desertsilver Engaged

Those Cape Hunting Dogs are one of my favorite animals, very interesting social structure and behaviors quite unlike any others. M aaawild dog.jpg aaawild dog4.jpg aaawilddog2.jpg any people consider them ugly- I never understood why- here are some close ups of their incredible coats- no two alike

6. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Would love to see newborn kittens. We'll have to put it on our list. Maybe Sparky could work those up.

We have a few morphs for the Big Dog female. Just not the teats part. When the puppies are suckling, you wouldn't need to see the teats though. So...

LabWork222.JPG

LabWork223.JPG

LabWork224.JPG

7. Chris

Any HiveWire animal will be at Rendo as well on its release.

8. Chris

Yes, I most certainly could morph this animal. We'd have several African animals then, and still could do much more.

We have modeled at least, a good morph from the Asian Elephant of an African Elephant. Would just need to finish that one out.
    We have the Lions of course.
    Zebra is modeled and maps underway by CWRW.
    Giraffe is modeled.
    Could do a Cape Buffalo from the Bull.
    Could do a Gazelle from the Deer.
    I started a Hyena morph at one point, would have to revisit that one too.
    We have a Warthog morph completed and Sparky has killer maps well under way.

9. Dreamer

Dreamer Dream Weaver Designs Contributing Artist

Sounds like all that is missing is the Rino and my favorite the Cheater :)

Dakorillon (IMArts), Rae134 and Chris like this.
  10. Harimau

Harimau Eager

African wild dogs (Lycaon pictus) are very unusual dogs. I'd like to mention three other unusual dogs, the dhole or Indian wild dog (Cuon alpinus), the maned wolf (Chrysocyon brachyurus) and the bush dog (Speothos venaticus) both from South America.

1. Dhole or Indian wild dog (Cuon alpinus), a dog with legs of normal length - the Indian equivalent of the African wild dog
    Cuon alpinus.jpg
    With pups
    6a010535647bf3970b01a511befa2a970c-600wi.jpg

2. Maned wolf (Chrysocyon brachyurus) - a dog on stilts
    Chrysocyon brachyurus.jpg
    With pup
    adult-maned-wolf-with-a-pup-wolves-22383307-780-522.jpg

3. Bush dog (Speothos venaticus), a short legged dog
    Speothos_venaticus_Zoo_Praha_2011-5_(cropped).jpg

With pups
    Speothos venaticus.jpg

11. Ken Gilliland

Ken Gilliland Ambitious HW3D Exclusive Artist

I'm definitely looking forward to all those African animals, plus all the others I've seen you working on. I'll consider adding more African birds when those products come closer to release.

I saw these "African Wild dogs" on one of my social media feeds, and having a soft spot for any endangered species, I decided to suggest it. The social structure for these dogs is fascinating, all dogs in the pack vote (by sneezing). If deciding whether to hunt, and not a majority of the pack sneezes, they won't go.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  12. Desertsilver

Desertsilver Engaged

OMG- Zebras coats from CWRW ! Exciting! ( And your Zebra morph too)

And the African/cape hunting dogs are also unusual in that they regularly bring back and regurgitate food for elderly or injured pack members. And that the pups are cared for by all the females , even though there is usually only 1 breeding pair, they can suckle on any of the females- such fascinating animals and sadly very few are left

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  13. carmen indorato

Look forward to Zebra and if ever in this lifetime.....Spanish BULL! Wolf and Hyena are up there too. Love Hyenas! The African Wild Dog is beautiful too too bad they are dying off as a breed!
    Chris you mentioned teats for female dog as you know dogs nurse either standing or lying on their sides so, are any morphs to be added to this set of teats to reflect both positions to adjust the teats for realism?
    Since not always nursing nipples would eventually need to be seem so I picked up....I KNOW WEIRD RIGHT!?....."morphing nipples"........ I can use for on any figure biped or quadriped.... if and when released. SO if there will be none for the dog here I can wing it....gotten used to doing that kinda of frankensteining anyway!
    :p

14. Rae134

Rae134 Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

I saw a Maned Wolf at the Zoo when I was young, so fascinating to watch with those looooong legs!
    I also saw the African Wild dog, awesome coat! (almost like someone spilt bleach on them lol)
    Beautiful animals!

15. Faery_Light

Faery_Light Extraordinary Contributing Artist

I will be getting the HiveWire Dog in a week or two, any hopes it will be on sale?
    My niece has given me the money but it will need deposited then transfered from the bank to my card.

Then I will have a new toy to play with :)

16. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

Congrats FL! He's a great dog! I hope for you there's a sale. Make sure you have the reward things that give you a discount.

17. Faery_Light

Now that I have the Big Dog I need a Boxer Bull morph.

Rae134 likes this.
  18. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

19. Faery_Light

Here is what I've done by fiddling with Dials, the texture is made from photos of my niece's dog Wrinkles.
    I all the maps that come with him except for the eyes and coat.
    Later, when my other projects are done, I will add my own bump, spec and displacement maps.

WrinklesWIP-01.jpg

Dakorillon (IMArts), Rae134 and Janet like this.
  20. Faery_Light