• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Sweet Sparky. I have a simpleton question will a texture like the Pale Horse tex in store for Harry also sorta work on this dog when released? I ask because I really need an albino looking tex and would be cool getting the Pale Horse tex for harry now for Harry and be able to also use it for the Big Cat and the dog when i get them instead of waiting for a more animal specific tex release. Doesn't need to be perfect just look good enough.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Sweet Sparky. I have a simpleton question will a texture like the Pale Horse tex in store for Harry also sorta work on this dog when released? I ask because I really need an albino looking tex and would be cool getting the Pale Horse tex for harry now for Harry and be able to also use it for the Big Cat and the dog when i get them instead of waiting for a more animal specific tex release. Doesn't need to be perfect just look good enough.
You would probably be better off trying the Black White and Tuxedo cat texture not sure, but think they share the same UVs or at least that was the plan at one time.

I know the Cat textures will fit the HW Dragon as it sits currently as they have the same UV set, but there are some major stretching issues. Sparky's suggestion of flattening the UV's on the dragon though may be a good solution to getting the same mats to apply.

Last edited:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
We really need a LOVE button, LIKE is great but not fully what I'm feeling right now! Google is great! lol

Love-Pup.png

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist

Rae and NapalmArsenal are correct, the Dog can share textures with the house cat and big cat, but not the horse. :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The difference is paws vs. hooves. It may work everywhere else. but not on the feet.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
no JOdel, layout is different between the two (basically the horse is like a side-ways H and the cat is a little more X shaped)
I've overlapped them here, the cat is pink and the horse is light blue and the purple is where they overlap.
HW cathorse.jpg no.jpg (thumbnails, click to view larger)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Love that pup Chris. Reminds me so much of my own beloved Lab when we first brought him home and the delight of my daughters as they got to know him. Happy days indeed! :)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Santa isn't looking too good at the moment.... :cry:

I think he's going to be put on my naughty list! o_O

and it looks like it's up to the Easter Bunny to come through with the goodies! :snoopydance:

which is ironic as dogs are not allowed to eat chocolate.

:please: