• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
just curious, do we have separate male entire (with balls) and neuter morphs? (I have a neuter but I still find it odd when you don't see the bits from the back :D)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
IIRC Rae, with the Big Cat you can see the bits from the back, so I would think we'll able to see them on the Big Dog as well.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
LabWork233.JPG

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Oh yeah! A Hyena would be awesome. Those animals are incredible and I don't think one has ever been made for Poser.
Actually it has at content paradise but like most of their animals someone made it as a “toon looking” thing and a waste of money not to mention bad joints, bad shape and worse textures.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Loving this, it would be cool if the dog could stay as a pure morph as that would open up the possibility's for some really cool hybrid fantasy critters but I can understand that you are limited to what the mesh can handle
Would love that ability a whole lot. Creating creatures that are neither one or the,other or both as needed. Even adding buds on the skull for fantasy horns. Happy, happy!
But Chris, please keep in mind the puppy I was trying to get my sweaty hands on. Not the age bigger puppy similar to DAZ puppies from Mil dog but much younger, smaller blind and unweeded age as well. A range perhaps so we can use both!? I tried several time s to use the dials on the mildog to try and make my own but failed miserable. Ended to make a render of a shoebox with mewling little puppies as a gift. :(

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I suspect that the puppy that Chris is taking about is the older version. Old enough to be up and about and doing things.

However; now that you bring that up, a generic neonatal mammal figure, with fairly basic body morphs (mainly just length scaling and fat/thin), and some slightly more specific face/ear/tail morphs could be used for either newborn pups, kittens, skunks, or just about any kind of critter that one could build a texture for. If it shared UVs with the current cat/dog all the better. If someone managed to do a LAMH preset or Poser dynamic hair preset, even better still, although animas that young are usually not particularly fluffy.

It might need to be a separate figure, something like Ken's 'Motherhood' set with the ugly baby birds.

It might not be a big seller, but I'd probably buy it.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd like a puppy the same age as the mill dog, but would too like the smaller newborn eyes closed one.
I wonder if you would need to model a new one for that, and since they are general little furry blobs could the a kitten be morphed from it as well? The good thing is, that besides dogs with extreme physical difference like a British Bull Dog squishy face, they all look pretty much the same except coats.
d8da147bf487e4c328e15fd88a0e59c3--newborn-kittens-newborn-puppies.jpg nursingdiarrhea.jpg

Haha, JOdel has the same thoughts as me :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
After working with the cat, how difficult would it be to make dial morphs on the teeth to have them change their height/gum height and sort of like extrude, crooked or straight? The extrude muzzle morph works both the head and lower jaw. Rather like some of the Dawn morphs on the teeth? The teeth on the cat are fixed to the head and I'm having to scale the whole head along the Z axis and give him an extreme overbite to get the saber tooth Dracula kitty effect and then it messes with the connection with the lower jaw. It's not just on the dial morphs, but also on the base.
Black Cat With Fangs Looks Just Like Dracula
Morphd 31 copy.jpg
Tom and Jerry - Jerry morph
Tiom and Jerry.png

Love this image!

Last edited:

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I'd like a puppy the same age as the mill dog, but would too like the smaller newborn eyes closed one.
I wonder if you would need to model a new one for that, and since they are general little furry blobs could the a kitten be morphed from it as well? The good thing is, that besides dogs with extreme physical difference like a British Bull Dog squishy face, they all look pretty much the same except coats.
View attachment 30942 View attachment 30943

Haha, JOdel has the same thoughts as me :)
Eventually they start to squirm around so some posing would be nice and the appropriate semi hairless textures.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I suspect that the puppy that Chris is taking about is the older version. Old enough to be up and about and doing things.

However; now that you bring that up, a generic neonatal mammal figure, with fairly basic body morphs (mainly just length scaling and fat/thin), and some slightly more specific face/ear/tail morphs could be used for either newborn pups, kittens, skunks, or just about any kind of critter that one could build a texture for. If it shared UVs with the current cat/dog all the better. If someone managed to do a LAMH preset or Poser dynamic hair preset, even better still, although animas that young are usually not particularly fluffy.

It might need to be a separate figure, something like Ken's 'Motherhood' set with the ugly baby birds.

It might not be a big seller, but I'd probably buy it.

Yeah but it would be nice if same as the original dog in many ways to make mapping easier and add some posing dials too, these animals though not walking at first do crawl and open mouths and it would be nice to have an age between the closed eyed young ones and the jump around get into everything older ones too and all have a certain look when together in the litter.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
LOL ............ ummm................ that's Bad(censored) Sparky!! :)

Erm ok let me get my umbrella because I know you are now going to pelt me with rotten tomatoes ........... but ............... sorry could not resist!! Sorry!! :flowers:

Last edited:

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
LOL ............ ummm................ that's Bad(censored) Sparky!! :)

Erm ok let me get my umbrella because I know you are now going to pelt me with rotten tomatoes ........... but ............... sorry could not resist!! Sorry!! :flowers:

haha, next post will be asking Chris to make a balloon dog morph : )

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hopefully not!!

What's rather interesting is that the Sifi channel actually aired this as one of their promotional ads!!

Back to rendering! =)