• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm spending the bulk of my time right now wrapping up efforts on our Mule Deer. However I will be starting on our Tiger before too long. I'm looking forward to it. It will be the best Tiger available.
The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things!
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs!
They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The tiger and the cheetah are definitely some of the most exquisite large felines to me. I saw the white tigers in Las Vegas, when they were already in captivity. I have also seen lions and leopards in person, but never a cheetah. In a way, maybe that was a good thing, because I wouldn't want to see an animal built for the ultimate speed in a cage.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I got the lion but I seem to be missing a bmp map... same goes for the mountain lion. Does somebody know where the cwrw_hwbigcat2b.jpg texture is? I have 1b but not 2b.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I just checked FreyrStrongart, and I have it. Have you tried checking the zip file again?

OK, I just checked my downloads, and there was an update back in July 2017. I don't know when you purchased the Big Cat, but if you purchased before July of last year, it's possible the missing texture file was in the update.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Correct, the Big Cat was updated 8-5-2017 to include that file. And of course, the Big Cat is required for the Lion family, so it will work once you re-download the Big Cat.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Okay, here we go. Work begins on our Bengal Tiger. Showing screen grabs from day 2 now.

First image is our new Tiger, and the second is used for comparison from our Lion.

Once I feel good about the Tiger base, I'll start adding in the Tiger beard geometry next.

TigerWork1.JPG

TigerWork2.JPG

TigerWork3.JPG

TigerWork4.JPG

TigerWork5.JPG

Attachments

• TigerWork6.JPG
    TigerWork6.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 230

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Looking great, Chris! ^_____^

Funny how I didn't notice tigers actually had a mane until now. I thought only lions had a mane, but here it is! Now I wonder if all tigers have manes, or maybe some do?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, only male lions have manes, so it may be the same for tigers, though I've seen photos of tigers that don't have manes, so it might be tigers in certain locations.