• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! The results are in for the "Spin to Win" Render Challenge! Come check out the final gallery!

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Ken1171

Renowned
Contributing Artist
Looking great, Chris! ^_____^

Funny how I didn't notice tigers actually had a mane until now. I thought only lions had a mane, but here it is! Now I wonder if all tigers have manes, or maybe some do?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, only male lions have manes, so it may be the same for tigers, though I've seen photos of tigers that don't have manes, so it might be tigers in certain locations.

Ken1171

Renowned
Contributing Artist
Oh it's interesting how the mane in this last photo looks rather angular on the sides, like it forms a pentagon.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, that's not what I would call a mane, as lions have them all around their heads. Nice reference photos Chris. ;)

Ken1171

Renowned
Contributing Artist
Right, it seems to start from the ears down. More like a beard like Chris said. I am still intrigued - I didn't know tigers had that.

Ken1171

Renowned
Contributing Artist
Ohh, the tiger mane really seem to start at the ears, going down wider from there. Pretty similar to a human beard. The face patterns are so exquisite, almost unreal. Very interesting how the mane varies from one tiger to another, and also with age. The only constant is the black stripe around the base, and how it turns white along the rest. Quite a distinct look.

In the "beard" that Chris has modeled, the black stripe would go around the 'band' around the head, while the petals would be mostly white hair.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
do you think we will be able to get a toon tiger takeoff on this when done?
I just saw the newest Mowgli (SP!?) film and the bad tiger was great looking on it especially that damaged front leg/paw.
Would be nice to get a toon version of that with a morphing paw to make o=it look damaged.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Looking great, Chris! ^_____^

Funny how I didn't notice tigers actually had a mane until now. I thought only lions had a mane, but here it is! Now I wonder if all tigers have manes, or maybe some do?

I love this shagier mane best of all especially good on a male of the species. Hope we get lots muscles on this bad boy!

Miss B

CV-BEE
You know JOdel, now that you mention it, THAT's what they remind me of. More so than a mane.