• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! The results are in for the "Spin to Win" Render Challenge! Come check out the final gallery!

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This pretty cat came through from a post on facebook. Its an Asian Golden Cat. I thought its face markings were beautiful.
I think it almost looks like a cross between a domestic cat and a cougar (I know, not possible but if it was this is what I'd imagine it would look like :D).

Harimau

Eager
This pretty cat came through from a post on facebook. Its an Asian Golden Cat. I thought its face markings were beautiful.
I think it almost looks like a cross between a domestic cat and a cougar (I know, not possible but if it was this is what I'd imagine it would look like :D).
It used to be called Catopuma temminnckii! Cat-Puma as you have noted. It it now referred to as Pardofelis temminckii.

Ken1171

Renowned
Contributing Artist
Wow, the head really looks like a domesti-cat on a cougar's body! Some oddball romance must have taken place somewhere in the line. :)

Flint_Hawk

Ambitious
That's exciting about the African Black Leopard Ken. What a beauty!

Neat you got to capture this picture of your bobcat Laurie!

JOdel

Extraordinary
HW Honey Bear
Any estimated time of arrival for the LAMH preset for the cougar? Or for the rest of the big cats, for the matter.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Any estimated time of arrival for the LAMH preset for the cougar? Or for the rest of the big cats, for the matter.
I think I should have the Cougar and Lion Family ones done by mid summer- still things to fix:) The Leopard I mainly need to sort out the shader better and he needs a few little tweaks too... I did a bunch of experimenting over the holidays late last year and sorted out some things that were missing/wrong etc and I need to apply those things to the older big cat presets I've done so far.