• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This pretty cat came through from a post on facebook. Its an Asian Golden Cat. I thought its face markings were beautiful.
I think it almost looks like a cross between a domestic cat and a cougar (I know, not possible but if it was this is what I'd imagine it would look like :D).

Wow, the head really looks like a domesti-cat on a cougar's body! Some oddball romance must have taken place somewhere in the line. :)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yeah I saw that too the other day Ken. Very cool! We got "our" bobcat strolling down our ditch last month on our camera trap. Ours is less fancy than the one used for the black leopard:) This is s a still from the video.

Bobcat.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
That's exciting about the African Black Leopard Ken. What a beauty!

Neat you got to capture this picture of your bobcat Laurie!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Any estimated time of arrival for the LAMH preset for the cougar? Or for the rest of the big cats, for the matter.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Any estimated time of arrival for the LAMH preset for the cougar? Or for the rest of the big cats, for the matter.

I think I should have the Cougar and Lion Family ones done by mid summer- still things to fix:) The Leopard I mainly need to sort out the shader better and he needs a few little tweaks too... I did a bunch of experimenting over the holidays late last year and sorted out some things that were missing/wrong etc and I need to apply those things to the older big cat presets I've done so far.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
As much as I really want a Snow Leopard, the Tiger is on top of my next big cat (Snow Leo would be second then Cheetah 3rd). I think we really need a Cheetah as its body shape is so different to all the others (would also make good fantasy morphs combined with some of the others).

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The Snow Leopard is different enough I'd really like to see a real FBM morph made by Chris- my dial spin one is kinda lame:) But yeah I really want Tigger first:) I've been starting on maps by using the lion sans mane for now and Chris and I have been discussing the best way to approach the "mane/neck ruff" for the tiger UV/map wise as well as shaping.