• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! A new Community Volunteers "Spin to Win" Render Challenge is now open! Come on in, spin some dials and enter your renders! We look forward to seeing you there!

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
As much as I really want a Snow Leopard, the Tiger is on top of my next big cat (Snow Leo would be second then Cheetah 3rd). I think we really need a Cheetah as its body shape is so different to all the others (would also make good fantasy morphs combined with some of the others).

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The Snow Leopard is different enough I'd really like to see a real FBM morph made by Chris- my dial spin one is kinda lame:) But yeah I really want Tigger first:) I've been starting on maps by using the lion sans mane for now and Chris and I have been discussing the best way to approach the "mane/neck ruff" for the tiger UV/map wise as well as shaping.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
The Snow Leopard is different enough I'd really like to see a real FBM morph made by Chris- my dial spin one is kinda lame:) But yeah I really want Tigger first:) I've been starting on maps by using the lion sans mane for now and Chris and I have been discussing the best way to approach the "mane/neck ruff" for the tiger UV/map wise as well as shaping.
Yeah, I need to get back on our Tiger. My wife and I have been busy moving this last month, and we're finally in our new place as of last night. In a couple days we'll be completely out of our old place and I can focus on modeling again. Most of my efforts will be focused on Dawn 2.0. I'm almost at a point that I can pass our new mesh over to Paul to begin the updated rigging process. But I will make time to work in our Tiger morph too, or for that matter whatever else Laurie would like a morph for.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh my, been there done that with the moving.
I downsized my stuff so it all fits nicely in my room and everyone else downsized too.
a neighbor from our old place got a lot of stuff we were leaving behind.

I am eagerly waiting for Dawn 0.2 but wish i could get the big cat.
Too many other thing going on to do much with the big cat if i had it...lol.

JOdel

Extraordinary
HW Honey Bear
Moving. Feh. I haven't actually moved, but I've done a handful of moves-in-place over the last 40+ years. It's probably marginally better (mainly because there are no time limits) but still a pita. About 40-60 percent through one of those now. Place looks a lot clearer, but there is still SO much stuff that needs to go away.

Harimau

Eager
I am very glad to note that the tiger is back on track. And maybe the Snow Leopard and Cheetah next on line. The Cheetah, in particular, is a very different cat - the only running cat in existence today, although there are a few others in the past like the Giant Cheetah (Acinonyx pardinensis) and the American Cheetah (Miracinonyx trumani).

A normal patterned Cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus):
Cheetah_Umfolozi_SouthAfrica_MWegmann_small.jpg

A King Cheetah:
4641824990_8e4b339f04_b.jpg

Giant Cheetah (Acinonyx pardinensis):
main-qimg-acinonyx pardinensis.jpg

Size Comparison:
maxresdefault.jpg

American Cheetah (Miracinonyx trumani):
miracinonyx-y-prong-baja.jpg

A Sabertooth Cheetah? Is there such a cat? Yes indeed, there were! Yoshi garevskii and Yoshi minor, members of the Tribe Metailurini in the Subfamily Machairodontinae (Sabertooth cat family) were such cats. The Metailurins are sometimes referred to as "False Sabertooths" as their canines are smaller than that of the "True Sabertooths".

Yoshi minor (formally described from incomplete material as Metailurus parvulus):
metailurus-parvulus-skel-and-life-transparent-baja.jpg

Yoshi garevskii :
metailurus-yoshi-baja.jpg

For those of you who are interested see: Metailurus or Yoshi? Meet the real cats behind the names