• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I've picked up a strong vibe that Smith-Micro is unwilling to turn loose of anything that it's managed to either develop or acquire. Where DAZ seems perfectly okay with leaping off every bridge they come to, usually burning it in their wake, SM is so determined to try to maintain backwards compatibility that they've become content hoarders. Every item they have ever included with the program, stays with the program. Whether anyone would reasonably be expected to get any use out of it whatsoever. Or to try.

Admittedly, my perspective is skewed since I think Poser2012 is the last version I upgraded to, and I've never used it for anything. But it did come with a load of really pretty random content.

Dracona

Motivated
I have to say I have never used poser because it cost so much but I love daz and that the base program was free and easy to use are main reasons I got into the 3d art world. I have thought about getting poser from time to time for the reason I saw tera dome from rdna but now after reading here I probly wont get it at all.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
People do a lot of marvelous stuff in it. And it has real dynamics. Both cloth and hair. As to price, it's definitely on the low end of the 3D scale, but it is definitely not free.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
We're grateful for our relationship with the current Poser team. They've been very supportive of us and what we're trying to put forward with our content.

We hope for more good things to happen, both in the short term and for years to come.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Personally, I love Poser - started with it years ago and also came to like DAZ Studio - each has some pros and cons just like everything else :)

And now...ahem -

Let's get this back on the subject at hand.

KITTY!!!

Who is stretching in anticipation...

and will be out in not too long now ;)