• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
One never things about animals like possums swimming. But, I suppose most all animals can. Lemmings certainly can!

Good thing they aren't found in NZ! Otherwise, you might have a horde of lemmings board your boat Lorraine!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Sheesh, so am I, Satira, possums are bad enough! They swim extremely well...too well for us boaties, they climb up the mooring buoys. But not for some time, thank goodness :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I live in inner city Los Angeles. There is a (small) mountain range that runs most of the way across L.A., dividing the Valley from the basin. Griffith Park takes up a section of this range (the Santa Monicas).

Consequently, since even though we are less than five miles from City Hall, we are less than 3 miles from Griffith Park.
And have acquired a raccoon. I've only seen it once, and would just as soon not see it again. The building cats have learned to be wary. One tangled with it and ended up hobbling about in a cast with a broken leg for some weeks afterward.

And at that it got off lucky. Raccoons are Not Nice.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd like a good dog with heaps of breed morphs. I'd like a great dane all the way down to a toy poodle :p
(actually I'd love if it you could combine breeds like you can for Harry so I could get my Belgian Sheepdog/Husky cross :p)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Definitely need an updated dog. The MilCat does about all right if it isn't in a closeup. And if you can get LAMH to work it looks damn good. But more than half the time the MilDog is just not convincing. And the puppy is worse.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Definitely need an updated dog. The MilCat does about all right if it isn't in a closeup. And if you can get LAMH to work it looks damn good. But more than half the time the MilDog is just not convincing. And the puppy is worse.

Word. ^_^

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I'd like a good dog with heaps of breed morphs. I'd like a great dane all the way down to a toy poodle :p
(actually I'd love if it you could combine breeds like you can for Harry so I could get my Belgian Sheepdog/Husky cross :p)

Yes, it would be great to be able to make mutts as well as recognized breeds, and that would be a great way to do it.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
At least ours are cute, those American opossum are a bit creepy

Oscar01.jpg

?! Possums are adorable!

D

Deleted member 325

If we are suggesting animals, a really good Raccoon/Ferret type based off the Dawn geometry (possibly even able to morph) would be utterly fantastic ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know which one I'd rather have Sparky :D
Aussie Possum:
possum02.jpg
American Opossum:
17786_1050265l.jpg

vaD1F.jpg

(this one of ours that is comparable in size that can be quite viscous but still kinda cute, still doesn't look as scary as the USA one) :)

Szark

Awesome
Yep they maybe pests but I find it amazing how quickly they adapted to the NZ climate and the colour variations you can get. Down in the Te Urewera National Park their coats are almost chocolate brown and fetched a good price at Dalgety's fur auctions back in the late 70's early 80's.

As for the Cats well let's say I am glad I didn't buy Big Cat 2. :)

As for Dogs yes pwease