• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
So excited! Tonight Paul and I took photos of some awesome reference animals.

We now have high resolution photos for:
Cougar
Bobcat
Lynx
Coyote
Fox
Horns for the Big Horn sheep that Laurie started mapping a while back.

We're going to have the best Big Cat!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Speaking of "labeled uv map for Laurie".... I wish WE had the template parts labeled! I miss that added element of templates.... Most is obvious, yes, but still... for the odd parts... would be nice. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I usually try to label, or at least color, the different parts of a template, but a lot of folks don't.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So excited! Tonight Paul and I took photos of some awesome reference animals.

We now have high resolution photos for:
Cougar
Bobcat
Lynx
Coyote
Fox
Horns for the Big Horn sheep that Laurie started mapping a while back.

We're going to have the best Big Cat!
Hate to break it to you Chris, but Coyote and Fox aren't Cats :p hehehe (more inspiration on doing K9's? :D)

Miss B

CV-BEE
You know, I didn't even realize that when I first read his comment. ~LOL~

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I didn't know that either Lyne. I never would've imagined a big game cat here except in a zoo. Then again they were probably here back when we weren't living in such large cities like we are today, and a good portion of the continent wasn't even settled at all.

That's funny to me, because as a kid they taught us what to do if you ran into a mountain lion. We also have bobcats in Colorado. And every now and then I can't park my car at home because the parking lot is full of deer.

Miss B

CV-BEE
True, but for someone who was born, and has lived most of her life, in NY City, that's not something I can imagine.

I do have a friend who has a vacation home on a hill up in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, and we often would see deer coming out of the woods behind her house, and cross the road in front of her house, on their way down the hill. Very often whole families at one time.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I loved the Caracal cat. Those darker fur wings on it s head look like horns.
I wish they had more info on it. Will have to look for myself.
Lynn, didn't yo also make a caracal cat for the big cats way back when?

Miss B

CV-BEE
I wouldn't be surprised if she did, because I know I've seen the Caracal before, just didn't know what it was called.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It was for the Mil Cat (not big cat) :)

Here's the link (if I'm allowed?) lynesfree

(I think her Ocelot is cute too, it would make a good Bengal Cat texture)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
of course your allowed...always appreciate help with "?s" re: my cats... so you know by now I did the caracal... that mil house cat was the MOST morph-able animal I EVER worked with... :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's funny to me, because as a kid they taught us what to do if you ran into a mountain lion. We also have bobcats in Colorado. And every now and then I can't park my car at home because the parking lot is full of deer.
That sounds amazing to me...haven't heard of that happening with Kangaroos or wallabies but they do sometimes cross the roads around dusk so people have to be careful driving in certain areas. Closest I've come to that is my sister's place in Tas where she regularly gets native animals invading her garden including an echnida but then she also gets to dolphins and whales out of her front window as she faces where the Tamar River joins the ocean...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My cat was acting funny one day, I went out to investigate, it was a very lost Echidna :) so cute. We've had snakes around our place too. We live in the suburbs, but do have a small national park about 5 min drive away where they do bush walks and mountain biking. Hubby's seen Roos there.