• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D Store Officially Closing at the end of Jan 4th (Midnight US Mountain time)

ry.d

New-Bee
The rewards points not working kinda stinks as some of us saved them to last minute shop. And some carts were still not working at all.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'm so sorry, ry.d - I know it's frustrating, but what was happening was that the reward points were paying for entire orders. If there was any way to turn them back on and not have this happen it would have been done :(. Thanks, everyone, for your understanding and support.

Deathbycanon

Inspired
The rewards points not working kinda stinks as some of us saved them to last minute shop. And some carts were still not working at all.

Yep, came to buy before they closed because ad said I could save up to 45% off with reward points I had over 5,000 points left........ went to check out and there was no discount..... guess I'm not buying :(

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The items you are interested in are probably still on sale for a lot off, so not the same as paying full price for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yep, came to buy before they closed because ad said I could save up to 45% off with reward points I had over 5,000 points left........ went to check out and there was no discount..... guess I'm not buying :(

I understand your disappointment not being able to use your reward points.

The reward point calculation part of the store broke-down Friday night, allowing people to use all of their reward points for the entire purchase (not just the 15% which was allowed). This meant that vendors were having their products being purchased mostly or entirely with reward points (meaning they were getting nothing or close to nothing for the sale of their product(s)). In addition, if you were a vendor that used "Stacks" (bundles), such as myself, on an all-reward point purchase ($0), the bundle discount was getting charged to the vendor (meaning that I was actually paying customers to get my products for free).

That's why the Reward Point feature was turned off; and with the store closing on the 4th, it doesn't make sense to hire a programmer to figure out what's wrong.

As Miss B points out, all the HW store products are still at a huge discount even without RPs.

Last edited:

Deathbycanon

Inspired
I checked out some of the rest of the forums, sounds like you guys are going through hell here. Sorry to hear that. The sales are great, but how much money I can spend doesn't change..... how much I can get with that does.... so I had to cut my order down. Disappointing, but maybe some of the vendors will have a sale over at renderosity when they change over.....

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks, Ken, for explaining -

Yes, Deathbycannon - appreciate it. Yes, we ARE going through hell here.

Trust me, this was not the way we wanted to have the last few days of our store to go, but we're scrambling to do the very best we can, everyone.

Kerya

Brilliant
In addition, if you were a vendor that used "Stacks" (bundles), such as myself, on an all-reward point purchase ($0), the bundle discount was getting charged to the vendor (meaning that I was actually paying customers to get my products for free).

I sure hope that Hivewire doesn't go through with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's their software fault, they shouldn't make you pay for it.
:(:(:(:(:(

Iojo

New-Bee
Hello
I am very sad about the closing of Hivewire3D
You were my favorite store.
It reassures me that the adventure can continue with the transfer of Artists to other 3D locations.
A small thought for Lisa, hoping for a good recovery.

Thanks to all the Artists for all these years of happiness.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I sure hope that Hivewire doesn't go through with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's their software fault, they shouldn't make you pay for it.
:(

HiveWire is taking the hit for this, not the CAs. And trust me, Ken doesn't seriously think that he is going to have to pay these people who had "negative" orders.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Not only am I a HiveWire Contributing Artist, but I am also a customer. So, I get how helpful reward points can be in saving money. But, I sure do not expect to be able to apply enough reward points to an order that I don't have to pay anything.

It's majorly disappointing to realize some people are bragging to the people they know how they were able to place an order for our products and pay nothing because they were able to exploit a glitch. These are products that take me six months to a year to produce, and never earn me all that much money to begin with. I agonize over the price each time I submit a product to HiveWire. Did I include enough features that people will believe the product is priced fairly? Or are they going to feel cheated?

How sad that people knowingly cheated and took advantage of a glitch to allow them to purchase products for nothing, and then not only bragged about it, but encouraged others to do the same. These aren't customers who one time purchased products from HiveWire, but who have purchased enough times they had accumulated more than 5,000 reward points over the years. These people knew there was no way they'd normally be allowed to apply 5,000 reward points to an order.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I've just updated the thread title to make it even more clear:

HiveWire 3D Store Officially Closing at the end of Jan 4th (Midnight US Mountain time)​

Again, the forum is NOT closing.

Deathbycanon

Inspired
Coming from another view on this..... I had no idea about the thread at daz. Last week or the week before someone posted on one of the facebook groups that hivewire was closing and they were having a sale. So I came and saw that you were closing on the 4th, I didn't have time to shop then so I came back yesterday so I could get my stuff before you were gone. There was a pop up that said that I could get more off if I used my points, at that time I didn't even look at the percent off it was saying. I was just like "oh, yea. I have points" I had purchased here only 3 times before, once in 2017 and twice in 2019, and I had 5128 points.

So I get here, and I just start dumping everything I want into my cart. I'll see what the discount is with my points, and decide what I can keep and what has to go back at the end. So I have my cart full of everything I want and get to the check out page and it says, right there on the check out page, that I can use ALL my points for the order. I just thought that was really nice that you guys were letting people use up the last of their points before the store closed. So I keep everything in my cart and go to check out and there is NO discount. None at all after just reading I could use all my points.

So I come to the forums and the 1st post I see was on the recent posts on the side of the page, says exactly my problem, something like my points aren't working or not getting a discount for points.... I go to that thread and the response to this person was "so and so said they are broken so no more points. Guess that's that" or something along those lines.

Even the start of the thread about no more points felt like "it's broken, nothing we can do about it, sorry" it kind of leaves you feeling cheated when the check out page just told you that you can use all the points. I had to really read through those threads, others peoples comments and the back and forth with the store people to find out that the person that usually fixes the store is in the hospital. And that the check out page saying you can use ALL your points was probably what was broken. Most people aren't going to do that. I think the people coming to the forums angry are probably the honest people that have no idea about there being a glitch, and are mad because your check out page told them they could have something and then that was taken away from them.

If my cart had gone through I wouldn't have thought anything of it. I had more then my points would cover so I didn't know if I had less then that it would have covered the whole order. I had shopped here 3 times in 3 years, I had no idea how points worked exactly I just always ticked that box that says apply max points and let it do its thing. I just thought it was really nice that you were letting people use up their points before you closed.

Just food for thought, I don't think everyone that came and had all their points work at check out was meaning to cheat you. Your an online store, I online shop all the time, the store works the way it works. I only question it when, like here, it says I can have something and it doesn't give it to me.

Kerya

Brilliant
Deathbycanon: I think you are right. The message at the Dazforum wasn't bragging either ... they thought it was intentional, so people can use up their reward points. Did they think about the artists? Obviously, no, they didn't. But that doesn't make them mean, just shortsighted.
Do I understand that the artists are angry? Yes.

Riccardo

Adventurous
I see your point @Deathbycanon . I get that some people had no bad intentions.
I am here at Hivewire 3D since their beginning. When I noticed the store issue - knowing how the shopping works here - I immediately thought of a glitch...
Yet I still had some doubts, as it could be related to the end/loss of the unused reward points.
To be completely sure I asked and had the confirmation that it was a problem.
So I can certainly believe that some people, being less used to this store, were thinking that the software was behaving correctly and had no intention to cause any damage.