• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D Store Officially Closing at the end of Jan 4th (Midnight US Mountain time)

Aelin

Eager
Yes, it's the same email at all stores. And it is content by SmithMicro, for example. Not a small vendor or something ... which means I am not buying any SM content at Rero, as I am too lazy to search on my harddrive whether I bought it before. Yes, I did spend some money on their animals and figures ...

At the moment I have wishlisted Hivewire content that I didn't buy here (not enough money to buy everything I would like), so I know which ones I am missing and can buy without worrying. In the future ... who knows.
When RDNA closed, I felt it was time for me to do xomplete lists of what I had in all stores. Wasn't easy, but I have 1 list for each market (well 2 for Daz like I have plenty in Poser format, and others in DS4 only). And for products I no more find here or there, they are in my "no longer available" list.
Name of product, by who, and what site between (). Also, the product links when they always are on sale on the market in question.
Not only that allows me to check quickly the products, but that also helps me when I make images to write below what stuff I used into.

Until last year, my only exceptions were for the for temporary Christmas freebies. Bad idea :laugh:
Now, each time something is added to my download lists, I take all the infos to stay at date.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I was just a bit confused when you mentioned Black Bands, and Blue Bands for WE drives. I don't know what that refers to.

They call them "WD Green" (cheapest), "WD Blue", "WD Red", and the most expensive, enterprise edition "WD Black", meaning it won't die in a year. Reliability is now sold separately.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yeah - so that's a no, because the Content Paradise content I bought at CP doesn't show up at Rero as bought ...

Not every CP vendor moved to Rendo (I didn't back then). That would probably explain it.

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Until last year, my only exceptions were for the for temporary Christmas freebies. Bad idea :laugh:
Now, each time something is added to my download lists, I take all the infos to stay at date.

I was doing that as well, keeping rigorous track of everything I had bought for every single store, with every little detail, like store name, order numbers, date of purchase, and how much I paid. And then... my backup drive (Western Digital 4TB Green) decided it won't work anymore, and I've lost everything. I have drives from 20 years ago that are still going strong and reliable, but I can't say the same for the ones they manufacture nowadays. With my purchase tracking records gone, I have no idea what I've bought, when or where. Conclusion - don't fall for cheaper drives.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I got a high end refurbed drive off of Amazon a while back. It's considered like a high end business drive so it's got a long life set up. Runs fine! Hope I did jinx myself! LOL

Some claim refurbished means tear and wear applies, so it won't last long. Some claim they may last longer because it is a guarantee it has been tested for real. Both these things contradict each other, so only one can be true. Only time will tell, so it depends mostly on luck.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Again, can I ask that we please keep this particular thread on subject?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Again, can I ask that we please keep this particular thread on subject?

Alisa, I believe it is important people backup their purchases on reliable media, for once the store is gone, if they loose everything, it's gone for good. People only think about these things when it's already too late. I have just recently lost my main backup drive, and I never thought that could happen because it was from a known, respected brand. Only later I found out that these "green labels" meant they are not reliable. At Amazon and Newegg, we have reports of as much as 1 in every 4 of these drives dying the same day, or worse, a year later, when people had time to backup plenty of data on it. If only I knew those things, I could had prevented massive data losses, like my entire online purchase history - years of data meticulously organized, not to mention items from stores that no longer exist.

The HW store is closing and people have to backup a lot of things. I don't want what happened to me to happen to them, just because I didn't know what these label colors meant. If we move these info elsewhere, people may not see it, and it has everything to do with the store closing.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
It has been mentioned. I'm not removing it or moving it elsewhere.

The issue is that it's NOT just a "mention", but people continuing the discussion about their favorite media, etc etc. That can be discussed elsewhere so that those subscribed to this thread don't get constant emails about media.

Thank you for understanding :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I've been downloading the orders as pdf files which you can do by going to print order. Still have 50 more orders to go.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhhh, and here I thought I'd have to do screenshots of all of them, and then try and make a PDF of them all. Hmmmmm . . . I'm still working on the Download pages so may, or may not, be able to do this in time.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have 65 pages to screen capture. I don't think I'll do that. Hope the transfer works.

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
Happy New Year to all . . . even though the new year will still start sadly for us HiveWire fans.

I purchased from HiveWire for almost $250 in December 2020 and filled in many gaps in my collection. Unfortunately, I still have so many products in my wish list, but I'm running out of money.

Wouldn't it be nice if you gave the buyers a coupon at the end? That might be a good way to get. . . . . . I might be able to fulfill one or two of your wishes.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Might have been a good idea to have an option to have the purchases burned onto disks and mailed out. Hivewire Store would have gone out with a little more cash in the till! I have all I need from my history but to have it burned and mailed to me would have been a nice advantage rather than overlooking something and regretting it. I'm just too busy to stay on top of rummaging through my past history purchases.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have all my purchases downloaded and backed up. I also have my Orders List backed up in screen captures, and am currently about half way through doing screen captures of my Downloads List.

I won't have the time to do individual orders, and I just realized last night when I tried to make a PDF of my Orders List (6 pages), that you need to buy the Pro version of Acrobat Reader in order to do so. Since I rarely use AR for anything other than an occasional PDF, it's not worth it to me to buy it. Anyway, I think it would probably take too long to accomplish.

Benjamin

Inspired
Contributing Artist
Benjamin, what is your seller name?
Sorry, I'm a bit late with replying. 3DToons is my seller name. Has been for decades :)

Benjamin, I know we are currently offline, because we are changing our host (with the help of Kerya, I gave an explanation in that topic ).
But for what I remember, when Content Paradise closed its doors, at least one of our vendors passed some of her stuff on our marketplace. She didn't redo her promo renders, despite they had years.
Normally, FRM takes more square renders, BUT we have Summoner who does promo render for his products, in the same time for FRM and for his own site. Rectangular renders, which are accepted on the store and come pretty.
And if the team behind the store think it's good to change a promo render, or to add some, the team itself can make new promo renders to help the vendors.
FRM exists since 2008 if I'm correct (I came on their forum only in 2014, and I'm vendor since almost 2 years) and there always are old products for generation 3 for example. Poser, Daz, scrapbooking... all is accepted. The products removed from sale aren't decided by the team, but only by vendors when they decide to stop.

I have no doubt it's frustrating to see a good place closing forever, and what is the amount of rework at the first look. But FRM can be a solution in next weeks if you wish. And maybe you'll find another place accepting too your old promo renders and packages.
I'll check them out once they're back.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I have all my purchases downloaded and backed up. I also have my Orders List backed up in screen captures, and am currently about half way through doing screen captures of my Downloads List.

I won't have the time to do individual orders, and I just realized last night when I tried to make a PDF of my Orders List (6 pages), that you need to buy the Pro version of Acrobat Reader in order to do so. Since I rarely use AR for anything other than an occasional PDF, it's not worth it to me to buy it. Anyway, I think it would probably take too long to accomplish.
If you select Print from your browser, you should be able to print to a pdf. Try it, see if you have the option. I just did it with a couple of recipes I was looking at. I'm in Chrome. From the three dot menu, select Print. One of the options at the top right is Save to PDF.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
If you select Print from your browser, you should be able to print to a pdf. Try it, see if you have the option. I just did it with a couple of recipes I was looking at. I'm in Chrome. From the three dot menu, select Print. One of the options at the top right is Save to PDF.

Dana
Yes, I was able to select the 6 Order List screenshots, so I have that ability, BUT, it wants me to buy the Pro version of Acrobat Reader to create the PDF, and since I only open PDFs "maybe" 4 or 5 times a year, it just isn't worth it to me.

That said, if I change my mind, I can always make the PDFs at a later date. I only have 4 or 5 more screenshots to do of my Download List, so I can always create the PDFs at a later date if really needed.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Yes, I was able to select the 6 Order List screenshots, so I have that ability, BUT, it wants me to buy the Pro version of Acrobat Reader to create the PDF, and since I only open PDFs "maybe" 4 or 5 times a year, it just isn't worth it to me.

That said, if I change my mind, I can always make the PDFs at a later date. I only have 4 or 5 more screenshots to do of my Download List, so I can always create the PDFs at a later date if really needed.
The browser itself will create the PDF file from the page. Did you try it? I'm not talking about any menu in the store, but rather the menu of the browser. At least in Chrome, it's built in. I don't have the Pro version of Acrobat Reader, either. When you click on the vertical three dot menu in Chrome...at the top right of the browser...this dialog comes up. Note the Destination:

save as pdf menu.jpg