• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D Store Officially Closing at the end of Jan 4th (Midnight US Mountain time)

manekiNeko

question: just so i don't jump up & down impatiently for nothing while everyone is working like mad (at rendo and here too) to make the transition from the HW purchases to our rendo accounts: do you have an idea WHEN the transfer of our accounts/purchases will/should be finished for everyone at rendo? it's supposed to be automatic for all users i guess, so when can i start to be worried and call support when/if i still don't see my stuff from HW in my rendo account/purchases? don't wanna annoy anyone for no reason, don't wanna miss it either...
also about the updates (like songbird), once this above has been done and i see it in my rendo stuff, all i have to do is download the files(s) of the product there and it will overwrite my original files?

Hornet3d

Wise
Not a criticism of Rendo as I would say the same no matter what the company but I am not sure I would trust an automatic transfer of the downloads, but then I am paranoid about losing content. I have already downloaded and backed up all my HiveWrie3D stuff and there is no sign of any of it in my Rendo account.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
The transfer is going to take a while I guess. Still nothing in my items in my vendor account page. Patience is a virtue! LOL

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I don't know what items will and won't be in your Renderosity account, assuming they are able to accomplish that, and if they can, it will take time. I will see if I can get more information.

That said, as Hornet said, it is ALWAYS a good idea to download your products from any online store you purchase from.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
In answer to the other question, I'm sure that yes, you'd download the newest products and they'd overwrite things. There are 21 of Ken's products that we were unable to update in our store, which will be at Renderosity when things are transferred. The birds are major revisions, the Natures' Wonders are more changes in file structure to match that of the SBRM products. A few were also changed from the older method of bringing in a base, then applying a file that changes the materials and morphs. They are now all individual critters.

Natures' Wonders:
Ant House
Ant Lines
Ants
Bee Swarms & Nests
Beekeeping
Bees
Bees Vol 1
Damselflies & Dragonflies
Damselflies & Dragonflies Vol 1
Fish
Lizards
Lizards Vol 1
Lizards Vol 2
Lizards Vol 3
Lizards Vol 4
Moths
Moths Vol 1
Moths Vol 2
Moths Vol 3

SBRM
SBRM Corvus Corvus
SBRM Tee 2

I"m going to put this in our update thread so folks know.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
That said, as Hornet said, it is ALWAYS a good idea to download your products from any online store you purchase from.

I tend to download when purchased, and if the store is about to go down (rDNA and YURdigital and couple others, plus now) then I redownload and burn to a separate disk.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
For the record, I have burned my RDNA purchases on CDs, and 2 of them are now unreadable for no apparent reason. No dust, no scratches, and I kept them in a soft padded sleeves case. CDs and DVDs are not as reliable as we were told. The plastic they are made of may indeed last for 100 years, but the recording won't last even 10. I have older discs that are still readable, but sometimes not in every drive - it depends.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I update stuff occasionally. and keep stuff on hard drives (as a runtime) as well as burned off. Multiple copies, update occasionally. Assuming you actually want to keep the stuff. Especially as some of the products are never available again.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
question: just so i don't jump up & down impatiently for nothing while everyone is working like mad (at rendo and here too) to make the transition from the HW purchases to our rendo accounts: do you have an idea WHEN the transfer of our accounts/purchases will/should be finished for everyone at rendo? ...
I can tell you that the transfers from HW to Renderosity, as I expected, have had a bumpy road... while the majority of my products now have placeholders on the "Pending Products" section of my Renderosity vendor controls, BUT the actual descriptions and product zips from HW have hit some snags, they're trying to work through.

Again, I expected as much (and am trying to be patient)... transferring all that data, and getting it right, is a tricky business and will take time-- my guess is that it will take the rest of this month. That's one reason I held back my two new sets and released them directly to my new Renderosity store (so I could have something in my store this month).

As Alisa said I'll have a bunch of new updates available (as her post above shows) plus SBRM Cool & Unusual Birds v3. I also will have a small update to all the December updated sets (which fixes a wayward morph that's only used on Ravens and Crows). I wouldn't expect to see any of this before February though. Once Renderosity gets everything transferred, I'll need to get in, edit the imagery, descriptions and overwrite the old versions with the updates and then get each of them approved to re-release.

And one last thing.... while I've thanked all Hivewire3D staff for the last seven years, I'd also like to thank all of you, for following and supporting us, the CAs of Hivewire.

Hornet3d

Wise
For the record, I have burned my RDNA purchases on CDs, and 2 of them are now unreadable for no apparent reason. No dust, no scratches, and I kept them in a soft padded sleeves case. CDs and DVDs are not as reliable as we were told. The plastic they are made of may indeed last for 100 years, but the recording won't last even 10. I have older discs that are still readable, but sometimes not in every drive - it depends.

The expected life for a good quality recordable CD/DVD was five to ten years, the problem was not the plastic but the dye used in the sandwich which was 'burned' in the recording process. Over time the dye deteriorates which reduces the contrast between the land and the pits which explains why some drives can read such disc while others cannot. 'M' drives that suggest they are good for 100 years plus do not use a dye but a mineral type structure that they suggest will not deteriorate at the same rate. Before the launch of the 'M' disc I always copied my important CD/DVD backups to new disks every three to four years. End result is I now have games disks that can be read but the games no longer run in modern operation systems.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
One big difference coming from the 1980's magnetic tapes was that digital media would be much more reliable than analog when it comes to surviving time. However, the only reliable media I ever had were these old Sony MO discs (magneto-optical), but they ruined it with DRM because Sony owned Columbia Records, and wanted to protect their industry. They made MO digital media forbidden to record digital data because Sony was afraid of music piracy. That has practically killed any chance MO would become the next big thing. I believe MOs are only used in Japan nowadays.

manekiNeko

hmm i see.. guess best thing to do is just to wait until everyone says "hey cool i've got all my HW stuff on rendo now", and then maybe go check my own account... a bit later, lol. of course transferring data to some place with a different mainframe etc, other fields, other categories.. it's bound not to work immediately/perfectly, what do we expect. hope y'all vendors still have some hair in a few weeks (like, haven't pulled it all out). thx a bunch for the hard work of making sure we can find our products on rendo too ^^

hey.. why are there 2 Kens?? birdy Ken and... same but with another handle? or just other Ken? just curious ^^ :giggle:

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I am awaiting more information about moving of customer accounts to Renderosity so please be patient. As soon as I get that, I'll probably start a new thread and link it in the various threads we have now.

manekiNeko

manekiNeko Yup, I am the "other Ken". You know, that's ironic. I have never - ever - met another Ken in real life. LOL
shows that HW is some kinda magic vortex or sth XD
but yeah, i wonder why you never met another irl, your name must be about as widespread as mine, and even i did meet maybe up to 4-5 others with the same name. and i'm not exactly a people's person lol, rather the western version of a hikikomori.

I am awaiting more information about moving of customer accounts to Renderosity so please be patient. As soon as I get that, I'll probably start a new thread and link it in the various threads we have now.
sure, if you're kind enough to keep us in the loop about that, that'd be amazing. but no pressure - at some point, we'll find it's been done ^^

another thing..
Ken - the Gilliland one lol - has created MOTHS & LIZARDS???? WHERE??? i just checked his website and couldn't find them... found them after all, 1 page gives a 404 but not the other. so will they go to rendo too? guess otherwise i could buy them on the site too..