• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I think the news is sad everywhere but I have been watching the US bulletins and NY looks as though it is going be the first in the US to take the brunt of this virus and the predicted numbers sends a shiver down my spine. I am praying for everyone there and also praying that the experts have got the numbers wrong and the NY dodges the bullet.

Honestly, I have some issues with the official numbers world wide. They just don't fit. As example yesterday in Le Figaro. They say the mortality here reach 9%. How did they come to this insane number? 478 tested positive died yesterday . Usually 1600 die daily in France . Without Covid-19. So did those 478 go on top? Than 9% would not fit. . I would like to see numbers where they list how much actually really die daily and this than listed in Covid-19 Positive and other cases (Natural death, accident, cardiac arrest etc..) As long we have no Real numbers, every estimation is like to look at the ocean and try to estimate how deep it is.
Tested positive does not mean they die on the Covid-19. If I would die during my infected time on a cardiac arrest as example, I would also go in the Covid-19 statistic. Which would be wrong.

Hornet3d

Wise
Honestly, I have some issues with the official numbers world wide. They just don't fit. As example yesterday in Le Figaro. They say the mortality here reach 9%. How did they come to this insane number? 478 tested positive died yesterday . Usually 1600 die daily in France . Without Covid-19. So did those 478 go on top? Than 9% would not fit. . I would like to see numbers where they list how much actually really die daily and this than listed in Covid-19 Positive and other cases (Natural death, accident, cardiac arrest etc..) As long we have no Real numbers, every estimation is like to look at the ocean and try to estimate how deep it is.
Tested positive does not mean they die on the Covid-19. If I would die during my infected time on a cardiac arrest as example, I would also go in the Covid-19 statistic. Which would be wrong.

I agree, I notice in the NY briefings they now include the numbers that have have been discharged from hospital which I think shows a much more balanced view.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I agree, I notice in the NY briefings they now include the numbers that have have been discharged from hospital which I think shows a much more balanced view.

I think the whole World should now take a deep breath and begin to work on this problem in a honest way, without "sensation " numbers and hysteria.
Otherwise we loose control about the Virus and our modern world. I read this morning, in Germany the doctors have not the permission to make any "unnecessary" surgeries anymore. Who decide here what is "unnecessary"? We are now at the point where we select who can be cured and who not?
This is very dangerous.

Please don't misunderstand me, I don't want to relativise Covid-19. I just wish that slowly we get back to our common sense before we destroy and kill more than the Virus ever could.

Hornet3d

Wise
I think the whole World should now take a deep breath and begin to work on this problem in a honest way, without "sensation " numbers and hysteria.
Otherwise we loose control about the Virus and our modern world. I read this morning, in Germany the doctors have not the permission to make any "unnecessary" surgeries anymore. Who decide here what is "unnecessary"? We are now at the point where we select who can be cured and who not?
This is very dangerous.

Please don't misunderstand me, I don't want to relativise Covid-19. I just wish that slowly we get back to our common sense before we destroy and kill more than the Virus ever could.

I think that is one of the things that the media is not making that clear, the virus is serious and highly contagious, that we know for sure but I think the pridicitons on how deadly I think may be not as high as being promoted now. We do not know how many had the virus and displayed no symptoms, if that were known we would have a better understanding of how deadly the virus is. The other fact we will never know is the one you touch on, just how many deaths will be attributed to the virus when, if truth be known, they did or would have died from their underlying illnesses anyway.

What we should be stressing is just how easy it is for the virus to spread. In the UK we do not normally give up our freedoms very easily but we have almost willingly put ourselves in house arrest for the good of the wider community. Despite that and the recommendation you should not go out or gather in groups , according to our newspapers, a bunch of about 25 decided it was a great idea to get together for a karaoke party. If the high death rates reported have the impact of getting it into the minds of such party goers maybe it is a price we have to pay. That said, like you reporting such figures does not lay easily with me.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
It is perfectly okay for people and the Gouv. to fear and worry about Covid-19.It is an extremely contagious viral Virus , which can cause pneumonia, (my mother died from it 20 years ago where the doctor did not treat her properly . She was not underlying sick or old btw) . We need for this Virus of course an offensive strategy.

The industry must be requisitioned to produce masks, respirators and tests very quickly, to screen more and more, isolate the patients, . We must invest heavily in medical research for an effective treatment, pending the vaccine, which will take at least probably a year to develop.

But we have to keep our nerves and common sense. We can not add here to the Virus also an collective psychosis .

Currently the press disgust me. Their headlines are perfect for to stir up the pot and freak out the people . They should inform and not create more mass hysteria.

People who disobey the recommendation should get punished hard. 5000 € ticket and working some social hours would cool them down pretty quick.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL - those are just adorable!

That said - Dr Fausi said they are DISCUSSING whether to suggest people use some sort of face coverings. Lots of things would work if you already have them, like scarves, bandanas, etc. They definitely won't suggest actual masks, of course, until there are enough for all the emergency responders.

We went out for a lovely walk yesterday on a section of a very long trail (140 miles right now, I think I read) down the road from us. Didn't see a soul.

Olympic Discovery Trail small.jpg

Olympic Discovery Trail creek small.jpg

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
LOL - those are just adorable!

That said - Dr Fausi said they are DISCUSSING whether to suggest people use some sort of face coverings. Lots of things would work if you already have them, like scarves, bandanas, etc. They definitely won't suggest actual masks, of course, until there are enough for all the emergency responders.

We went out for a lovely walk yesterday on a section of a very long trail (140 miles right now, I think I read) down the road from us. Didn't see a soul.

View attachment 57925

View attachment 57924

Amazing , isn't it?

On my dogwalk today, a group of deer in the middle of the fields. Maybe 4-5. Not really usual during daylight.
Other than that, the fields are full with any kind of birds, pheasant's promenade like the fields and forest belongs to them LOL.
IMG_20200331_172722small.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
I am also expecting the crime wave to go down, burglars must be struggling to find any homes empty unless they are second homes and anyone transporting drugs has a very good chance of being stopped as there are so few cars on the road. Mugging must also be dropping as there are so people in the street. Only downside is that the domestic abuse cases will likely sky rocket.

Walking the dog is great every day is Christmas day or at least it appears that quiet.

Hornet3d

Wise
So sad to hear the news that CNN presenter Chris Cuomo has proved positive for Covid-19, I hope he gets through it with only minor symptoms and the rest of his family are OK. I have been very impressed with his brother Andrew and the away he has handled the problem in New York. This family has enough on it's plate it could do without this.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Washington state went up to 6585 cases. 10 in my county now. Not too bad considering we are 30 miles outside of Seattle.

Some of the news is really dire. Equador and NY.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Well, bad news here. A coworker of my son in law's (I'm currently living with my daughter) has been sent to the hospital with likely covid - recovering from a bout with pneumonia and collapsed at work. The entire crew will have to go into quarantine.

My daughter just had a baby in November. So between my compromised immune system and an infant in the house, my son in law is having to quarantine away from his family.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, no - so sorry to hear that, Traci. I hope the co-worker will be ok, and I know it will not be easy for your family to be apart for a few weeks :(
:grouphug:

Carey

Extraordinary
The America we all knew is dead, what ever is to follow, better or worse, it will be far different then it ever was. I pray for all of you to receive all the blessings my god can provide.. We took our children (our birds) out for the first time this year. It was very cheery, traffic was light and were stoping right in traffic, fumbling to get their phones and take pictures. What a sight we must have been...I and my wife in electric wheel chairs with a very large cockatoo and me with my four foot long macaw. Had to maintain a safe distance which was hard on Casper as he loves people, well really he just loves to have his picture taken....lol

Can we stay at home with birds trained to entertain, I don't know..It is getting warmer and more and more people are getting out and about...Problem is we have been promised that unless we obey they will tighten their choke hold even more. really it is not a bad idea, things could break loose anytime and being in the middle of a bunch of shooting is not all fun.....

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I fear that this crisis in the U.S. is being used as a test road for governmental social engineering. While I understand that action is needed to fight an epidemic, I do not like the media fearmongering and rumor spreading it is clearly engaged in, nor the talk of making some of these newer restrictions "Permanent" . In the last 2 weeks there have been multiple hopeful developments that have gotten almost no news coverage at all locally, while it is nearly 24-7 coverage of Death tolls and equipment shortages, and rumors of martial law (in Ohio...not even the hardest hit state). I feel part of this crisis was caused by the increased privatization of medicine for profit and the move over the last 2 decades toward long term treatment of symptoms rather than cures because of profit margins - but those are my personal opinions based on many poor first hand experiences with the medical community over the last 2 decades.

Luckily my meager symptoms from a week ago came and went...mostly. Most was just my normal health issues exaggerated by weather. At least, that's what I think, don't have a thermometer or doctor to consult, or insurance, so just riding this out and hoping for the best at this point.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Oh, no - so sorry to hear that, Traci. I hope the co-worker will be ok, and I know it will not be easy for your family to be apart for a few weeks :(
:grouphug:
The America we all knew is dead, what ever is to follow, better or worse, it will be far different then it ever was. I pray for all of you to receive all the blessings my god can provide.. We took our children (our birds) out for the first time this year. It was very cheery, traffic was light and were stoping right in traffic, fumbling to get their phones and take pictures. What a sight we must have been...I and my wife in electric wheel chairs with a very large cockatoo and me with my four foot long macaw. Had to maintain a safe distance which was hard on Casper as he loves people, well really he just loves to have his picture taken....lol

Can we stay at home with birds trained to entertain, I don't know..It is getting warmer and more and more people are getting out and about...Problem is we have been promised that unless we obey they will tighten their choke hold even more. really it is not a bad idea, things could break loose anytime and being in the middle of a bunch of shooting is not all fun.....

Thanks, everyone for the good wishes. It's not so much the separation, though that's very hard on my daughter, but the worry about whether or not the sick person will even get tested.

Normally, my SIL's work environment isn't terribly dangerous for Covid, but all last week they worked indoors in close spaces because it was raining every day. He drives large equipment for a construction crew. Last week they did "busy work" at the garage because of the wet weather.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
BTW, when I say Social Engineering I mean it's real meaning, not the over-published definition recently coined by Anti-virus and security software companies. That is, the use of central planning to regulate social behavior and development and influence social growth, direction, and change.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well, bad news here. A coworker of my son in law's (I'm currently living with my daughter) has been sent to the hospital with likely covid - recovering from a bout with pneumonia and collapsed at work. The entire crew will have to go into quarantine.

My daughter just had a baby in November. So between my compromised immune system and an infant in the house, my son in law is having to quarantine away from his family.

I am so sorry to hear this, it causes pain on all sides as those close to the potential patient worry about the future and are frustrated that they can do little to help. Yet the potential patient fears for themselves and, if they have it fears, they have passed it onto other members of the family.

I have two close friends that have been sent home from work when co-workers have developed symptoms and so far, thankfully, both are still well and not showing symptoms, I know that does not mean they haven't had it but for them it is good news. One was sent home 14 days ago so I guess he dodged the bullet.

My thoughts and my prayers are with you and for you in this difficult time. I desperately hope both you and all your family come through this unscathed.

Hornet3d

Wise
I fear that this crisis in the U.S. is being used as a test road for governmental social engineering. While I understand that action is needed to fight an epidemic, I do not like the media fearmongering and rumor spreading it is clearly engaged in, nor the talk of making some of these newer restrictions "Permanent" . In the last 2 weeks there have been multiple hopeful developments that have gotten almost no news coverage at all locally, while it is nearly 24-7 coverage of Death tolls and equipment shortages, and rumors of martial law (in Ohio...not even the hardest hit state). I feel part of this crisis was caused by the increased privatization of medicine for profit and the move over the last 2 decades toward long term treatment of symptoms rather than cures because of profit margins - but those are my personal opinions based on many poor first hand experiences with the medical community over the last 2 decades.

Luckily my meager symptoms from a week ago came and went...mostly. Most was just my normal health issues exaggerated by weather. At least, that's what I think, don't have a thermometer or doctor to consult, or insurance, so just riding this out and hoping for the best at this point.

I have similar fears here in the UK in that, while I totally accept the lockdown and new police powers, I fear for the future. Even now some of the police are pushing the powers and there are massive inconsistencies between different forces and different members of the force. My niece is a key worker and so still needs to work, although she would rather not, and has been stopped by the police. In her case she presented her letter making it clear she was a key worker and all was fine. Colleagues of her's were also stopped, presented the same letter and were still fined £60, reduced to thirty if you pay upo in 14 days. In one case the police force dumped black dye into a blue water pool so it would not attract visitors. Reportedly one shopkeeper was issued with a fine because she was caught marking 2 meter markers outside her shop to help customers with social distancing. The officer in question stated it was graffiti.

This is only the start and despite the government requesting that the police use their powers with caution this will continue. Before this crisis there were a number of cases where police were found to have been either incompetent or in breach law, few if any were found guilty and most were allowed to leave on a full pension before any discipline measures could be taken against them. With this background what limitations does this place on individual officers to go above and beyond on in the reverse way to which this term is normally applied.

Before the lockdown some UK police forces were deploying AI face recognition systems despite a lot of evidence that they are not yet reliable enough for deployment. I feel the lockdown will give them the opportunity to extend their use and I dread to think how such systems will be used as the lockdown progresses.