• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Looks lovely! I moved from Reno NV where I lived 3 blocks from downtown for 20 years to a tiny little town 30 miles outside of Seattle. I love it here! People have said my area is more rain foresty than the actual rain forest that's about 80 miles away. I just know I love the drive from town to my house.

Dang! 4300 cases in Washington state.

I spent many, many years of my live in big city's . Paris, Mannheim / Germany, Munich/Germany . Than we move from Paris to the /Saint Dié des Vosges. A small city in the middle of the mountain chain Vosges. I absolutely loved it there. To see each morning the sunrise from the Mountain, priceless. Never get tired of it. Than my husband get relocated to Paris again and I could not stop to cry. Till we find for everybody a compromise. His company agreed to let him work 3 days from home ,so he just needed to stay 2 days in Paris alone. (His mother is living there, so no problem with rent an apartment,because no need) and I could stay here in the Farmlands roughly 100 km from Paris and just 45 km from Orléans . This little village where I live is historical amazing. We have here a monastery which sell herbs ,self made jewelry and herbal tea. Paradise for me, because I am a herbal tea addict .lol
Just 6.5 km away is the famous Castle and little town, Sully-sur Loire.

Sorry for the OT.

We have also more cases here and looks like we are locked down till 15th of april. Minimum. The people here deal good with the situation, we was yesterday in Gian ( 35 km) in the commercial area,because my husbands PC die and we need a new one. People there wear all mask, gloves and the shopping mal's are almost empty from people,but you can buy really everything. Even toilet paper .LOL. (If needed) . Most of the stores are closed, except the hypermarchés which sell food . But they sell also garden stuff, cloth, Electronic stuff. Not such a big variety than the usual shops like Gamme Vert for garden stuff as example,but still .
We did not find a new PC, but I find for my self a new handbag which I want since long, but the price was to high. (400 €) .Now it was in sale for the half. :)

Hope all of you is fine. Take all good care. :balloon03:

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Rescue is here :laugh:
ETVAe1VUwAkzXVG.jpg

Looking good there McGyver, think all you need now is a ultra slick corporate logo.

Because if you think about it, we don't make anything in the 21st century we do everything on line and they've got all slick logos.
It's not like the olden days, where the Romans slapped an eagle onto everything, see that carved on a wall and you knew some bad boys issa coming to town.

However with this bug thing, there's nothing. Two of our local shops have tried to make an effort by boarding up their windows.
Sorry, but unless you wait 6 hours for 2 bored policeman to drive past, that "28 days later" look just isn't there.

What do we get instead, like you say 67,000 emails saying sorry we're closed.
Not even any practical advice like 1000 fun things to do with duct tape and Instagram.
Or emails telling you to print out a rainbow, which is nice, but what happens when you run out of ink. God forbid, at that rate we'll have to start doing arty stuff.

So I've been thinking, which is usually never good, and hence decided why this all needs a decent logo. One that says yer all b*ggerd.
One that says humanity is going down in a blaze of glory, more us against Giant Fire Breathing Space Dinosaurs (TM), then meekly expiring while queuing for bog roll.

Something like flaming skulls would be a good starter, that'd look good stencilled on the hood of your eco friendly Smart car.
Or maybe, if you can find anywhere open to buy glue, if you have 20 minutes while locked indoors. Some kinda mock welded A-Team styling, well they managed it all right. But rainbows are OK at a push.

McGyver

Energetic
Looking good there McGyver, think all you need now is a ultra slick corporate logo.

Because if you think about it, we don't make anything in the 21st century we do everything on line and they've got all slick logos...

Something like flaming skulls would be a good starter, that'd look good stencilled on the hood of your eco friendly Smart car.

That was a good point... I immediately went and contacted the art department, but that guy is a useless drunk, so I contacted marketing, but that guy is a useless drunk too... then I realized I’m both the art department and marketing as well as R&D, maintenance and design... and I also realized I had been drinking heavily, which usually doesn’t stop me from doing any of those duties... it didn’t stop me here either...
I vaguely recollected something about flaming skulls in the logo... and since you have to give the people what they want...

A6BC9435-1896-4B5A-98A7-8A1176285924.jpeg

I’m figuring this will go over well with the 20 year old - 112 year old demographic...
Also with inmates and psychiatric patients...

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Day 14 of the Lockdown.
My DAZ studio keeps crashing, I am pretty sure it is corrupted, lets uninstall DS and all the content. (Want anyway organize all new) .
Uninstall successful, but it was not the DS which was corrupted, my harddrive was full where it was installed plus content. :eek:
Now I will spent the rest of my live with installing all back, plus cleaning harddrive.
This happens when you have too much harddrive and you are a hoarder of digital content. You loose control about you PC and live. :oops:

Hornet3d

Wise
Day 14 of the Lockdown.
My DAZ studio keeps crashing, I am pretty sure it is corrupted, lets uninstall DS and all the content. (Want anyway organize all new) .
Uninstall successful, but it was not the DS which was corrupted, my harddrive was full where it was installed plus content. :eek:
Now I will spent the rest of my live with installing all back, plus cleaning harddrive.
This happens when you have too much harddrive and you are a hoarder of digital content. You loose control about you PC and live. :oops:

At least you can do it at leisure under the circumstances. I have started to breakdown some of my large runtimes into smaller sections using P3dO Explorer to transfer content into a new runtime. With that done I might try and achieve some content that I have not used in a while onto another drive.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
@Hornet3d
I want to clean my hardrives since very long. They are all so cluttered. Have one for Poser runtime, one for DS stuff, one for 2D stuff and photos.
Than one for modeling, texturing WIP work.
And also 2 external where i keep copy's of software and photos and zillion other stuff.
I lost really control, now I have to clean and reorganize.
Many double and triple files, Legions of Nouveau Dossiers , which contain inside also nouveau Dossier.
I am so chaotic :whistling:

Hornet3d

Wise
I have a similar set up with the exception of the one for DS as I only use poser but I used the purchase of a new computer about 18 months ago to do a clean up. I now have a selection of 500G external SSDs. One each for Poser runtime, 2D support (for background an material images), SBKs and HDR, Poser WIP, Vue content and then three of four more for all the other non Poser related stuff. I use a program called Acronis True Image to auto sync all of the Poser related drives to an on site NAS unit and also to cloud storage. At least that way as I do the changes I do not have to worry about that being replicated to the backups.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Lisa just helped me figure out how to upload freebies here so I'll start uploading them here.

The news is really getting to me today. So sad. Especially NY.

Hornet3d

Wise
Lisa just helped me figure out how to upload freebies here so I'll start uploading them here.

The news is really getting to me today. So sad. Especially NY.

I think the news is sad everywhere but I have been watching the US bulletins and NY looks as though it is going be the first in the US to take the brunt of this virus and the predicted numbers sends a shiver down my spine. I am praying for everyone there and also praying that the experts have got the numbers wrong and the NY dodges the bullet.