• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Getting used to new habits for Coronavirus....

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Just about everything that normally has large gatherings has been closed here in NYC. That includes movie theaters, the gyms, restaurants, bars, etc. Oh and schools have been officially closed since Monday here in the City, but a friend of mine far out on Long Island told me today her son's school's been closed for about 2 weeks already, and she's doing home schooling. One of my neighbor's also will be home schooling, but her son is very young, so maybe 1st grade. That'll be easier than my friend on Long Island whose son is going to be 15 next month.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Washington state has over 1k now. None in my county. Can shelter in place be far away?

My son went out Monday and went shopping for me. I thought I had more canned things but they were all gone. He said the stores had everything except toilet paper.

My son is trying to find things for my granddaughter to do since he school is closed. She is 8. So I gave her and art lesson over the net which was a lot of fun. She drew a cat. Apparently next week is dinosaur week at their house and cat week the week after. :)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I heard some official - can't remember who - Trump maybe - say that there's as much food as there ever was. It's just because people are hoarding right now.

DanaTA

Distinguished
We're officially telecommuting from home now until further notice. I called in sick with a migraine Monday, and then arranged to be able to telecommute Tuesday on because I didn't feel well. It's just as likely to be the changing weather, the dry heat inside, a lack of sleep, or stress as much as it could be a slight cold or flu. But, I didn't feel comfortable risking being contagious ... or encountering someone who was contagious. Thing is ... my coworker has similar symptoms, but his aren't as mild as mine have been.

Fortunately, the City of Philadelphia came to their senses today ... and non essential staff are no longer required to come into work. Those with the ability to telecommute will work from home. Those who are not able to work from home will record their time as emergency closure rather than being required to use leave time. That's more than fair.

It's all well and good to be in your 20s or 30s and to dismiss the warnings. But since I'm closer to 70 than 60, I'd far rather be overly cautious. Then too ... I'm happiest when I can be a hermit. So, Tsuki and I are in for the duration.

Who you callin' 20 or 30? :D ;)

Except when I'm bringing mom to doctor's appointments, shopping, or bringing my sister shopping, or doing my own shopping, I'm mostly at home all the time, anyway. It's OK...sometimes I have good conversations...with myself. :confused:

Dana

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Things in my part of Ohio are crazy. Serious over reacting, panic, and hoarding. No toilet paper to be found anywhere. Many grocery stores picked bare of canned and dried goods, which really sucks for me as I just sold my major appliances last week (was planning to survive on take out and stuff I could heat on hotplate until I head to the new house beginning of next month). All restaurants, bars, and cafes closed except drive throughs. I couldn't even do my traditional St. Patricks day dinner, or have any drinks today. Local news reported Gun Stores in the area seeing record sales. Very worried they will implement travel bans next. I can't end up stuck here next month.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Still trying to stay focused. One case of it in my county now as of tonight. I'm going to clean off the deck and have my son and granddaughter over for a BBQ in a couple weeks. Really looking forward to that.

Just uploaded an iron cross to Renderosity's free stuff: An iron cross to hang on a wall

Funny story but I have a cross just like this in my house. There was a little artsy store on Virginia Ave in Reno and that's where I bought it. The guy who runs it is a welder and he would weld weird things together as garden ornaments. I bought the peacock in the product from him: Yard Critters 3D Models anniemation In all his photos from the store the cross just gave such an ambiance and coolness to the place. After I bought it the photos lost their coolness.

Hornet3d

Wise
my son last week was offered a new job ( assistant General Manager in a large Club ) which he accepted and so put his resignation in for his current job.

Now this week, because of the current climate the job no longer exists and he has no job! :oops:

Really sorry to hear that, there are so many people that are going to have their life turned upside down because of the virus but what happened to your son really is awful. To have a feeling your life is improving only to have the carpet pulled from underneath you is terrifying.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Down here only the restaurants etc. are mandatory to close and people are adviced to only go outdoor if they have to and maintain distance.
The restaurants are being creative since take-away and delivering is still possible so people can order and pay online with some and then they'll deliver it at your door, take some distance and you pick it up. Dutch people will not easily give up their french fries, chinese food or pizza LOL
My wife still has to work though, don't know for how long.
At the moment my hayfever is setting in and I maintain distance, like I have always done if I have cold-, or flulike symptoms. You just don't sneeze and cough all over people, wether corona is there or not. And washing hands is such a basic thing I always assumed people did.
Anyhew, they tried to have this applause-thing for the healthcare workers but that is so not a Dutch thing. Most of us find it hypocrite, to first have such cuts in healthcare and privatise it so now they have issues dealing with this pandemic. Then people stocking up so much on groceries that there is nothing left for healthcare workers when they do have a couple of hours of. To see people going around with these facemasks while there was a call for masks by the healthcare, to please donate them because there is such a shortage that they are trying to sterilize and re-use old masks. And then to see people then stand outside and applaude them, I couldn't bare it.
People made rightfull comments on FB saying that if you really want to help and have such respect you make them some dinner when you know you have a neighbour working in healthcare. Those of us who can go outside should try and make life lighter.
I know I have some contacts in my whatsapp who can call on me when they need anything. Not that they will, Dutchies are stubborn as hell you know but still, I check on them every now and then.

Hornet3d

Wise
Down here only the restaurants etc. are mandatory to close and people are adviced to only go outdoor if they have to and maintain distance.
The restaurants are being creative since take-away and delivering is still possible so people can order and pay online with some and then they'll deliver it at your door, take some distance and you pick it up. Dutch people will not easily give up their french fries, chinese food or pizza LOL
My wife still has to work though, don't know for how long.
At the moment my hayfever is setting in and I maintain distance, like I have always done if I have cold-, or flulike symptoms. You just don't sneeze and cough all over people, wether corona is there or not. And washing hands is such a basic thing I always assumed people did.
Anyhew, they tried to have this applause-thing for the healthcare workers but that is so not a Dutch thing. Most of us find it hypocrite, to first have such cuts in healthcare and privatise it so now they have issues dealing with this pandemic. Then people stocking up so much on groceries that there is nothing left for healthcare workers when they do have a couple of hours of. To see people going around with these facemasks while there was a call for masks by the healthcare, to please donate them because there is such a shortage that they are trying to sterilize and re-use old masks. And then to see people then stand outside and applaude them, I couldn't bare it.
People made rightfull comments on FB saying that if you really want to help and have such respect you make them some dinner when you know you have a neighbour working in healthcare. Those of us who can go outside should try and make life lighter.
I know I have some contacts in my whatsapp who can call on me when they need anything. Not that they will, Dutchies are stubborn as hell you know but still, I check on them every now and then.

It is not so very different here in the UK. The other people I have no time for is those customers who are being rude and abusive to the supermarket workers and other retail staff. They have not made the restrictions and if they were not there in the shop then no one could buy food and other essentials. Retail staff do not have the choice to work from home their only choice usually is only work or stay home and not get paid. The least we can do is let them know how much we appreciate their effort, it doesn't need to be mass applause just a simple thank you or thanks for being there will do.

Hornet3d

Wise
I had an email yesterday giving me the chance to look at my horoscope for free, the headline was that there would be a major change in my life in the second quarter this year. With insight like that there must have been loads of people taking up the offer and no, I was not one of them.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I feel bad for people in retail right now. So much rudeness. when one encounters me, it's politeness, and maybe some disappointment...when, once again, I don't manage to find toilet paper. It's been a week already with no luck. I'm all set for a while, but my mom will run out soon. She's almost 88.

Dana

Hornet3d

Wise
Well at least the shops in the UK are trying to sort the problem. All the 24 hour supermarkets have revised their hours so that they shut for at least 6 hours every day to give staff a chance to refill shelves. Most supermarkets are only allowing the elderly (over 65 or 70 depending on the supermarket) and disabled customers to shop for the first hour of business. Many are restricting the sales, in Sainsburys for example all customers are limited to the maximum of three of any item or two if it is a high demand item like toilet roll, soap, hand gel and the like. Does not stop stockpilers going to more than one shop but at least they are penalised by the demand on their time and hopefully the shelves should stay stacked a little longer to give more people a chance.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
It's the simple things that touch them. Flowershops who couldn't sell their flowers had them donated to the local hospitals and carecentres instead of throwing them away.
Got a mail from Bol. com that they stop selling facemasks and reserve them for healthcare/hospitals only.

Hornet3d

Wise
Starting to do some of those things here, too.

Great news, it is long overdue here. If you are a cash and carry outlet that is one thing but arriving at the cheque out with 30+ toilet rolls in a normal supermarket should never have been allowed once the virus was known about.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's not like this is the first time people panic hoard. It happens every time there is any kind of an emergency expected. There is no excuse for allowing shoppers to clear the shelves in a store (or online store) by purchasing cartloads of a few products. Limits should have been put in place as soon as the other measures were put in place. Half the grocery order I have scheduled for Thursday morning is no longer available. It wasn't even a normal sized order to begin with because a number of products I get weekly were out of stock and would not be available until after the weekend.

Hopefully, by the time the order is filled tonight, most of those products will be back in stock. If not though ... I won't starve. I just might not particularly enjoy what I eat. I have oatmeal and rice enough to last a couple weeks. I just won't have butter or milk to put on either. And, I'm pretty sure I have some frozen bags of peas and corn stashed in the freezer. As well as some breaded chicken cutlets and perhaps even a package or two of not real chicken patties. I also have containers full of years old elbow macaroni (I don't particularly like elbow macaroni). And I do have a 16 oz jar of basil tomato soup. I could add a couple spoonfuls of that to the macaroni, and I'd be set. I even have an unopened package of Kraft sliced cheese. So, I could put a couple slices in the pasta instead.

Oh yeah! I have four boxes of spaghetti! I tend to stock up on pasta when it's on sale. After months, I've gone through all but one box of pasta (medium Shells and Rotelle are my favorite) and the spaghetti.

Emergencies always bring out the best and the worst in people. It's one thing to stock up a three week supply of the essentials, but that's not what these people are doing. They are stockpiling enough to last them months.

Hornet3d

Wise
The online orders for our main supermarkets have no slots for the next three weeks, supermarkets have finally moved and are employing more drivers and reserving slots for those who are elderly. Again a good move but that should have happened before three weeks of slots were booked.

The other crime here is you know a lot more food is going to be disposed of as it is not eaten by it's use by date.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've been stocking up for a couple of weeks before the outbreak here in the US, mostly because my co-op is going to be doing heavy duty work on our elevators, and each elevator will be shut down for 6 weeks, and I'm not sure I'll be able to walk up and down 6 flights of stairs, especially carrying heavy grocery bags.

I agree that some folks are getting a bit crazy, and not just with general household goods like toilet paper, paper towels, paper napkins and such. I was behind a couple at the local supermarket here on Saturday, and they needed not one delivery container, but two, to get all their non-perishables delivered. In my opinion, unless this couple only shops once a month, that was more than a bit over doing it.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have heard expiration dates are suggestions and not hard and fast. Even still I try to eat things before they expire or throw them away.